NaNoWriMo 2019

Eww! Victorian times where disgusting!!! Now excuse me while I throw up my dinner.

3 Likes

Today I wrote 1,000 words to add the extra scene I couldn’t in my project from Le petit morte. I spent two hours today tweaking it and added the extra scene.
It is in Cys engine and 3,100 k words in case someone wants to check it out (I have the grammar not totally edited)

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/pumpkin-pie-and-gingerbread-

7 Likes

As of tonight’s writing, I’ve reached 4,729 words done since NaNo started. Way below the standard, but much better than I’ve done in a week in a while. Hopefully next week will be a little less hectic and I can pick up the pace. Either way, it’s satisfying to watch the plot holes closing before my eyes…

5 Likes

Y’all are kicking butt! (I wish more people would use “y’all” as it’s like the perfect gender neutral group label…well, that and “folks”)

I’m taking the day off work tomorrow, and Saturday is mostly free too, so I’m hoping to crank out at least 5,000 total words and finish my new game before I go to bed Saturday night. We shall see.

8 Likes

My goal is not to write 50,000 I have already beaten that. It is going outside of my comfort zone and trying to do new things. Each day new stuff. I think for me now is more important than a number in a paper.

Maybe tomorrow I will try to do A quiz or a fistfight minigame…

6 Likes

Another day done. 1,872 words bringing the count up to 13,907 words. So close to 14,000 words but decided to call it a night. Not trying to force thing and I think it helps in the long run to avoid burnout.

7 Likes

Wrote 4125 words today! Almost broke even from missing a couple days. By tomorrow I’ll be back on track!

7 Likes

Today, I ended up writing 2,394 words.

I scared myself by not making sure my HD where I store my working document was online before attempting a save but I got lucky and the lost material (lost b/c the program crashed) was minimal.

It was a day like yesterday, working on fleshing out all nine of the branches; I have one more day of this type of work to finish before I can continue with the narrative arc as a whole.

I have faith that you’ll be able to pull through … despite your challenges so far this month, I feel you’ve accomplished a lot just by moving forward. Establishing forward momentum is the most important thing for the first week… so well done Eric!

Pushing yourself to improve as a writer is the whole goal of this yearly event – taking it and adapting it for your personalized needs is something we all should be proud of you for doing Mara!

This is what I keep telling myself too – whenever I reach 2,000 words, I look for the nearest stopping point because I want to keep myself motivated each day and not push myself to exhaustion, then require time to recover. If I did that, I would procrastinate during the recovery process.

Now the only thing that can derail my writing is if I get a migraine that requires time away from the computer.

This is great news, Chopper! It really feels good to be able to make up time on productive days like this. Job, well done!

O.k. … time to update the post up-thread and call it a night.

:two_hearts:

10 Likes

I’m sick at home and trapped under a sleeping cat so instead of cleaning I started writing. It’s almost noon and I’m at 756 words currently but I’m going to take a break because everything is getting blurry @_@

Reading about you all doing your best is really motivating. Keep it up you guys~!

5 Likes

Knock on wood and all, but I’m almost 100% sure that I’ll be ready for a new beta version in early December. And if I make good progress, it won’t be such a big gap between 0.7 and 0.8 as it has been so far. If I’m explosively lucky, by the end of November Ill be working on chapter 4, where all the plotting of chapters 2&3 gets to be… executed. Heh heh heh.

6 Likes

Good morning, NaNoers!

Well, it’s almost 8:00 a.m. here, and as soon as I see my youngest daughter off to the :bus:, I’ll have about 9 uninterrupted hours of writing time. This is a rare opportunity, I assure you. Let me crack my knuckles and my back (and my toes, getting old sucks) and off I go!

10 Likes

Started writing a bit later than normal but still managed to get a respectable 2,124 words bringing the total count to 16,301 words written for “Hollywood Demonic” I actually like what I’ve written so far, its certainly a diamond in the rough. I shall keep up the writing then can bash the hell out of it later to link up all the parts and refine the whole thing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So far today I’ve written 2,924 words, which is easily my best day of the month (of course taking the day off work and having no kid-duty today helped!)

I would like to thank Phil Collins and the cast of Mad Men for their contributions to my background noise.

6 Likes

Yess!! I’m at 2.5k and going strong! Just need to plot through the last thousand words, then I’ll be right back on track from missing three days! Hoping :crossed_fingers: praying that I can make it through that tonight.
Edit: just 400 more words!!
Edit 2: aaaaaandddd done! Back on track!

5 Likes

Today’s writing session ended up with 1,620 words. I got a late start, so I did not make my 2,000 words a day target.

I do plan on making up for it this upcoming writing session but because I hit my target goal or exceeded it up to this point, there is no pressure.

The “one more day” of fleshing out the branches turned into two more days – we’ll see if I can actually complete this task at hand next time. I misjudged the time needed once, so I’m not even going to predict this time if I will finish or not.

Everyone is doing really well … it helps keep me going knowing that you all are right there working along my side.

O.k. updating the post up-thread and will move onto the day’s activities.

6 Likes

1685 words today my smallest result so far, but not quite finished. Having a break and will continue some more later after a deserved rest :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just got back on track after skipping two days of writing. I really don’t want to do this “catching up” thing ever again. :joy: Exhausting.

6 Likes

I feel your pain! My 4000 word night almost killed me!

6 Likes

Today I coded the intro I write some days ago So that has been my today Nano task

6 Likes

Sounds awesome! Reminds me of this new BBC comedy series where all these rather incompetent ghosts from different eras haunt this house and only the female owner can see them (since she had a near death experience) and has to endure their demands alongside her husband.

4 Likes