NaNoWriMo 2019

“Dinosaurs in the novel… just do it.”

Me: YES PUT THEM IN THE BOOK ALREADY!

1 Like

I am not writing what I was expected I wanted to do a funny RPG… and I am writing a sad story I don’t like at all. Probably that is the reason I am so, pessimist. That and the fact I can’t use Choice script anymore doesn’t help to make anything better.

3 Likes

Day 2: The MC has had breakfast. We now enter the fascinating world of character creation. :grin: :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Goal for today. Hit 3,334 total words by midnight, meaning…I would just be on pace, not ahead. Just on pace. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

On pace is Scheduling… Keep going you can.

6 Likes

I’m approaching it differently this year. I am writing the to about 1666 words and stopping as soon as a particular scene trying not to force myself too much.

6 Likes

I am at 1149 words so far. So far better but still I have the perception that my small game will turn out in something bigger. That in my case is not a good thing. As in smaller projects I can have help with edition, however that is not the case in bigger ones, and as you have probably noticed my grammar sucks terribly. Still, I don’t think I will be able to keep it small.

7 Likes

883 words so far. Having a tea break for a bit. Going well I think :slight_smile:

7 Likes

2,000 words. I found the rhythm I wanted and is all not so sad as a character has options still far darker than it was my first idea.

8 Likes

I decided that I might as well use it as an opportunity to do the non-IF story ideas I had but didn’t do. I just kind of go with the momentum that I feel at a time.

The idea is of a place full of immortal people who don’t die due to a curse. However, for roughly half the people, this isn’t really a big deal or something to be depressed about. Living forever is pretty sweet, even if a little gross. For the other half, they want an end to their curse and believe they go against the natural order of things. However, if one person breaks the curse, it would put an end to everyone affected to the curse as well. The “Survivors” don’t really have any plans to let themselves die and the undead seeking eternal rest don’t have any plans to give up finally being able to pass on.

Roughly where I’m at: 1840 words. So about eight pages. However, I have a tendency to just write what I feel like and worry about bridging gaps later. For that matter, thinking of a proper starting chapter is still something I’m struggling with.

Currently, I haven’t really made someone set as a main character and it ranges in perspectives, which is either useful or annoying. Probably the three primaries, would be apathetic undead guy who just figures that eventually the curse breaking faction will win since they can’t actually die and there’s just no point in caring about fighting the inevitable, but isn’t going out of his way to accelerate it. A female scientist who is actually mortal and doesn’t see success or failure as a consequence to her, but works with the life faction just to be able to study the undead. A mortal priest/necromancer who can’t bring himself to take his own teachings seriously and works with the death faction to free his sister’s soul, even though he doesn’t really support any of it.

So…I have the idea and the words, but no real structure to it. Though that can always come later after just writing. I…don’t know. I feel like I have a genuinely good idea for once, but don’t have the direction to make it work.

3 Likes

I’ve finished for the night at 2,028 words for a total of 3784. But I think I’ve done the project wrong on the website as it seems to have missed by work yesterday although the word count is correct.

4 Likes

I’ve have a good day but I still need 700 more words before I go to bed to stay on pace.

Tomorrow I’ll probably be able to squeeze in my 1,660 daily word count, but once the workweek starts on Monday, I don’t see how it’s possible.

8 Likes

Just under 900 words today, which is definitely better than yesterday. And more than I’ve been able to write in a while. (Yay!) Which brings the total word count to about 1.6k.

Still didn’t stop me from spending an hour looking up what different animals sound like. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

3300 words so far. That’s a better start than I thought I’d make. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m getting a late start to NaNo this year, but I want to do a big push on Turncoat Chronicle, and maybe in between wrap up the first chapter on something else I’m working on. I’ll update later today with how my first official day of writing went.

6 Likes

I’ve reached the 2,000 word count for the day, so I will be using the rest of the day for planning and r&r.

I’ve encountered a (possible) bump in the road forward as well, so I’m potentially dealing with this issue too.

Original post up-thread updated.

3 Likes

Uh, I’ve written about 3568 words for my school research project + 9 pages as prep for a vocabulary exam… and 0 for my NaNoWriMo project. So yeah, it is going great! :sweat_smile:

For now I’m using my free time to think about the general flow of the stories. Just plotting, structuring, writing down random sentences and ideas that I like. After my exam week I hope to finally be able to start writing.

Also, you guys are amazing! Keep up the good work but do not forget to take care of yourself~

6 Likes

Day 3: It was really easy to meet the wordcount today. Is… Is this what it feels like to enjoy writing? :open_mouth:

I’m trying to write without worrying about editing things and I do think it helps some. And I guess edition will be more useful when I have a whole draft to go over rather than just bits, since it’ll help me see how everything flows / plays once I can read it from start to finish.

So, so far so good. :grin: My goal was doing this three days in a row, and I met it (even if the stupid NaNoWriMo site thinks it’s only been two. :cry: Is something screwy with my timezone, or does the first day just not count? :thinking:).

4 Likes

It happened to me to. I thought it was a bug so I deleted my project and Redid it but still is doing the same.

5 Likes

I still struggling to continue There is no way in hell I reach even 20,000.

Last two months I have written 98,000 words for Gower’s contest (In theory that means I write Nanowrimo two months in a row) So my hands and brain are just saying:" Fuck you, Mara a third in a row! No way. We are on Brain’s strike."

So my word account will be embarrassing bad but I don’t feel bad as I did the objective 2 in a row this year. Not my fault it has to be in November and not In October and September. lol :wink:

6 Likes