CS NANOWRIMO (Group total for the month 371,602 WC Way to rock it out guys and gals!)

It is getting to be that time of year again :slight_smile: Will be taking a break from my game to work on a new project for this years NANO, I have took the plung the last 5 years and completed three times. With the new job it is going to be a real challenge this year. Was wondering who all is going to join in this year?

3 Likes

I might give it a go, but given how difficult it is for me to focus enough to wright something my chances of producing something worth reading is dubious. Then again, maybe having an actual deadline will spur something.

NANOWRIMO is not about writing something that is readable lol. It is a challenge to just write a story at least 50K in 30 days. :slight_smile: So NO editing just writing.

Well heck, I can do THAT! I’ll just copy down the Oxford English dictionary! That’s 600,000 words right there :slight_smile:

lol Well that would defeat the point of writing a NEW story. :stuck_out_tongue:

Some thoughts to keep in mind for NANO.

Never delete anything. If you can’t stand to look at it, change the font to white and keep going.

If possible, get a running start. It gives you flexibility for later in the month when you desperately need to do something, anything that doesn’t involve writing once in a while.

Do something, anything that doesn’t involve writing once in a while. Take a walk, go to a museum, do yoga, paint your toenails, spin around in circles. Shake your brain up so the ideas can move around.

Backup. Frequently.

When in doubt, just add ninjas. You can never go wrong with ninjas

Let yourself be surprised.

Have fun, have fun, ow and have fun. :smile:

1 Like

Wish I had some free time, but this year I can’t join in NaNoWriMo. Best of luck to everyone joining in and have fun writing.

NaNoWriMo was how Life of a Mobster got made. :slight_smile: In fact, that was when I stopped Lost Heir, last year, to write it.

Would it be wrong to write Lost Heir 2 under this, even though I started a bit of it? I’d feel guilty doing a different project since people will want part 2 once part 1 comes out.

It not be unfair, the thing is write a new story so write second part is perfect in the rules.
I would try to complete 20,000 words in 20 days because when dragon age inquisition arrives… Nanowrimo is over. I even dont change story i would continue another branch different.
So i dont care all rules for me is just write something have will to achieve your goals. But probably is because i am not native and bad so i know i never could achieve 50,000 in a month

I won’t be working on any games during NaNoWriMo, but I will be starting a brand new novel! (I’ve been working hard this month to get my current novel’s first draft finished so it’s out of the way in time for November.) I think this will be my 6th year participating, although the last two years I didn’t actually write a novel, just short stories.

Start from scratch. None of your own previously written prose can be included in your NaNoWriMo draft (though outlines, character sketches, and research are all fine, as are citations from other people’s works). While this is no longer a hard-and-fast rule, it is still very strongly recommended, ESPECIALLY for first timers.
The Rules

There it is, in black and white. So, looks like I CAN write Lost Heir 2 for my NaNoWriMo. :slight_smile: As my beloved Beta Testers know, I have the first scene written already. It’s really more of a prologue anyway. Obviously, I can’t use those words in my word count, but yes, I’ll play!

That gives me two weeks to continue (and finish) the beta test. Awesome!

My NaNoWriMo name is Lucid, feel free to add me as a friend. :slight_smile:

Damn, Nanowrimo is almost here again? Where the heck did the time go?

Probably not gonna try this time, though, since my job is stressing me out something fierce. Writing is the last thing I feel like doing.

I want to do this but my brain doesn’t currently work. I still want to do this. Maybe I will mash a keyboard for 10 minutes every day and see if I can be one of those monkeys bashing out the entire works of Shakespeare.

If I was to actually stop all the rest of the writing I do like answering forum posts and emails maybe I’d manage. I suspect not though.

Oh come on fairy try on lol you always could mark your own goal like i did. The main objective is write and have good time not fill x words after all we dont gain money is just to achieve our goals. I will beat 20,000 in twenty days 1,000 per day you could choose yours the only looser is the people just dont bother to try. So cheers pidgeon!!

After careful thought I feel I could work on my current project as all I really have is just the opening code which is not even complete yet. I have tons of notes and outline but no story yet, so will be working on the story for NANO.

Oh wow, I can’t believe it’s that time of the year already, can’t believe time flew by so fast o:

Hehe, I’m just checking in for now :b If I don’t get to join in this time, good luck to everyone doing NaNo and don’t forget to have fun!

4 Likes

Already doing better than me.

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes