Mecha Ace: The Q&A Thread

Nope, you can’t get Asadi and Weaver on board in this ending.
If you don’t afraid spoilers, instead of guide you can try script reading.

what is script reading? and how?

Depends on where are you reading. In steam you should open game files and read txts in “Scenes” directory. Here on site, you need to open game url and add /scenes/startup.txt to it. This will lead you to main txt of the game, where you can read names of chapters. From here you just need to copy-paste name of the chapter instead of “startup” into url to read it’s script. Sorry for messy explanation, I’m typing from phone.

Thank you, that helped.

Does anyone know how to both save crown station and the fleet by attacking the Imperial flagship? Even when I have a Presence of 4, it doesn’t work reliably, and seems to require warrior/diplomat and dilberation/passion stats that are neither too low or too high. Or does it require a high reputation?

You have to do two things:

Have 4 Presence

During the interlude after chapter 6, talk to Captain Baelyn and ask “Why did you defect from the Imperial Military?”

Then you can convince Star Marshal Steele to spare both the fleet and Crown Station.

1 Like

Thanks, although I’m so outraged at the trickiness of this point that I’d rather make good on the threat to blast Steele to bits right now. Knowing why you’ve succeeded or failed at something is rather important for solving the problem.

Maybe was based on Gundam wing?, they have the same base story

1 Like

@Cataphrak Is there still a chance for this game having sequel?. For anyone that wanted to report my post im just asking for info not pushing for sequel. I got enough of people who is more sensitive than the actual author.

3 Likes

Really liked this one. Good pacing, great action, great writing. Would have been nice to have had some more events/activities between battles but overall very solid piece. Perhaps, a sequel is not completely out of the question? :smiley:

1 Like

@Cataphrak hope this game will have sequel or prequel or another series set in different universes. You know like gundam

3 Likes

Hey @Admiralsouthpaw, welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Check this post out, it may have the answer you need it;

Spoilers for Mecha Ace

So both times I played mecha ace, I got Hawkins good ending, but my lance squad died in chapter 7(I was able to save cloud base) so I wonder its it possible to save your squad and get Hawkins good ending. I though since your CO mention that they were missing and their is a rare chance they survived, that they will appear in the final episode but no. So if anyone of your house could help that would be great

I am not very good at playing mecha genres but I love this. I like Hawkins. May I know what inspired you to write his character?

If there’s anything that can be called the biggest influence on Hawkins’ character, it’s the fact that they basically act like someone who’s playing an RPG.

Hawkins is all about getting stronger through conflict, but on a scale where they as an individual can act as a substantive force. They look for the strongest opponent they can find and they’re constantly seeking ways to challenge themselves because that is genuinely how they think they’re going to become more capable, and more powerful, to “make the numbers go up”, so to speak.

The fact that the societal privilege they inherit has given them a real leg up in the sense of being able to develop their abilities beyond what “normal” people would serves as a sort of “chosen one” narrative on its own, and the fact that the Imperial Military encourages that sort of behaviour definitely serves to reinforce Hawkins’ mentality. In the end, the world they live in has conspired to convince them that they’re the protagonist, and that if the universe does not suit their own interests, then they can make it change to suit them, through nothing but main strength and willpower.

In a lot of stories, it could be argued that Hawkins would well-situated to be the hero - and those are my favourite types of antagonists to write.

12 Likes

Hey, real quick, I just wanted to say I f*cking love this game. Thank you for making it.

Also, since it seems rude to post in a Q&A thread without asking a question, did you have any “canon” genders in mind when you were writing the protagonist and ROs?

2 Likes

I really tried not to. I figured it’d be easier that way.

5 Likes

I feel like the story ended well but also left enough room for the writer to pick up where they left off like in one the possible endings

When your invading the Earth your doing it as the captain of a ship, or another ending is showing you about to take off again to retake the planet you lost in the first game.

I’m curious, between the MC and Hawkins, who is the superior pilot?

[For example, in the first engagement, Hawkins was clearly better. MC won the second time but that’s a sign of the Lionheart’s capabilities. However, in the final fight, with MC piloting similar machines, MC won again. Is it just luck or is the MC better? I really want to know since it stated that Hawkins trained since a very young age.]

This is left pretty ambiguous, actually.

In the first engagement, Hawkins has the definite advantage, and the MC will be able, at best, to force a draw. However, that might be easily chalked up to the fact that the MC’s obsolete combat armature is simply outmatched by Hawkins’ Vallier Custom. The second engagement (where the MC might be piloting the Lionheart with limiters off) and the third (where they will be doing so) give the advantage in hardware to the MC - but it should be noted that the MC can still lose these engagements.

So the question of “who is the better pilot” relies entirely on the player’s decision-making, and the stats they both chose at the beginning, and chose to use in those three duels.

4 Likes