Mecha Ace: The Q&A Thread

If you try to talk her down you must use the “Sentimental appeal” so she stays with you.

If by that you mean after Codec’s plan has been announced I think that does not helps for romancing her… I think you have to choose to ask her a few questions and select the one that says “What are you gonna do once the war is over?”.

Ok just played it again had a high perception character got the romance.
Edit: I tried a high presence character didn’t get it u find out if u talk to Hawkin before the final battle. I’m not sure where the problem lies but talking it out with every encounter of Hawkin is probably why.

Not sure that helps but well anything Hawkin related you should click on.

I talked with all her dialogue but still can’t get her.

Not sure there is a presence check even though its not a main stat I would recommend willpower being the disadvantage. Well if someone really wants a general Hawkin guide I’ll go out of my way to make one.
PM me

Honestly, the only thing that frustrated me was trying to be with Hawkins. Replayed it many times x_x Overall I never liked mecha stuff but this game sparked my interest. Hopefully I’ll find the Hawkins route that’s hiding somewhere deep in the game. :persevere:

Take care to have high Warrior skills, more Passion than Deliberation and have good charisma and reputation.

And then you need to choose your decisions towards the climactic battle wisely.

Have fun :slight_smile:

Not sure if its been answered but I have tried to romance Watanabe but no matter what I do. I cant find the right choice or route. Though enjoyed Hawkins romance alot! Great game!

Huh, romancing Watanabe should be easy.

Don’t damage the city, talk to him/her whenever you have the option and be nice, don’t be too unimpressive during the exercise and don’t kill his/her parents, and of course defend the Calburn in episode 7 so that Watanabe doesn’t get killed in the battle. Where did you have difficulties?

Which questions is the best to ask? When you speak to him/her is the best way to ask all questions? I believe it is around episode 7 with the caliburn, not really sure how to make the best choice for the situation. Will comeback to you with the right context and situations. Quick question how do you cover you’re text like that, in respect for future players.
Thanks in advance!

@Peeehh
[ spoiler] text yo want to hide [ /spoiler], without the spaces.

I think asking him/her all questions but don’t pry, what you do on the planet and during the exercise seems more important anyway. In episode 7, defend the Caliburn yourself or send your lance. Or negotiate a retreat if you have the right stas.

@Cataphrak

Found something weird in Episode 7:

Successfully convincing Steele to only let the CoDEC fleet withdraw safely causes Crown Station to be automatically destroyed, even if you send Asadi to disable the superweapon. Opposite is true if you convince Steele to spare Crown Station - the fleet is destroyed.

Also:

When choosing to use the monosabre, the type II particle rifle doesn’t show up on the stats screen. In-game it says your ranged weapon is a light autocannon.

@Sneaks
I think I’ve just gotten that fixed in my version. Might be time to upload an update soon.

@Cataphrak

1. Have you fixed the inconsistency mentioned here too? Hawkins still has a monosabre after losing it together with his/her Mecha’s arm and drawing a chin knife.

2. Is the name of the Caliburn supposed to be a Guenevere reference?

@WulfyK
1: I’m pretty sure I have.
2: Rather more complex than that: CoDEC’s naming scheme is based off an Anglo-German reference pool, where as the Empire’s is based on Napoleonic France. In fact, there are some extended references to the Peninsular War in there.

@Cataphrak what games have you made because I absolutely loved both Mecha Ace and SoI. So I’d love to be able to try and find more of your works

Hero of Kendrick Stone and the upcoming GOI

This question has already been asked and answered in the GoI thread.
In addition to the games @Cosmic mentioned, he also made Aetherpunk,
Master of Fortresses and Shadow Regiment

Great game here. I really enjoyed the stats/tactical choices and story!

Is there an achievement guide for this game? i recently played it again and was surprised to see an achievement by playing it differently, the achievement was “just this once” keeping all major chararacters alive. Also is there a way to have all other characters with you in temeraire? i managed to get watanabe and blue masque on board, but how do i get asadi and weaver?