Mecha Ace: The Q&A Thread

And there’s red comet. I got it right away, by choosing the right colors with the right machine.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Any suggestions for the machine gun achievement? It’s only ten points; it can’t be that hard. Should I concentrate on the final battle or should I aim at the beginning of the game?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

@pendell2 So that just leaves ‘No Machine Gun For You!’ To get that one, you have to lose your ranged weapon in combat…twice. (Hint: Both times are against Hawkins.)

Never mind. Figured it out. Went into ranged battles without ranged skill. Had to have the right machine too. Got my ranged weapon smashed twice and no machine gun for me. Thank you so much! I doubt I’d have ever tumbled to those achievements on my own.

Respectfully,

Brian P

Yes. Multiple ways, actually.

For one, you can sacrifice Asadi and your entire wing to go do one thing while you go do the other. For another, you can go in and use charisma to coerce the Imperial admiral into backing off.

How does one unlock Apocalypse: Cancelled?

I’ve tried several ways to unlock Apocalypse: Cancelled, including sending Asadi to handle the captain while I take care of the superweapon, sending Asadi to handle the superweapon while I take care of the captain, and going to convince the admiral myself with 5 presence. The closest I can get is with the option to only spare Crown Station, where he’ll agree to it if I surrender but even then, the achievement doesn’t come up.

Which are the conditions to destroy the lightbearer with Hawkins? That’s the only achievement I’m missing. I suppose I need high passion, right?

I can go back and play through to see it, but I remember getting it as my second ending. I think the easiest way to get it is to do your best to impress them, then they should agree at the end to let you help them.

Cool, thanks. :smile:

To make him agree you must talk to Captain Baelyn befoore the crown Station Fight and select an specific question… I don’t remember which one so ask her everything :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I conviced him once and tried to do so again without talking to Captain Baelyn… Not a good memory

Luckily with this path you simply starve!

Exactly, keep in mind that you need a presence of at least 4 to pull it off.

Yep… I think you need to beat Hawkins twice to romance her though

Ohh… I’m not saying that beating Hawkins is harder than kepping the RO’s alive that is hard as hell.

Oh, you can keep them all alive but I simply think it is impossible to romance Hawkins this way.

Speaking of omnicidal romance options, how does one go about romancing Hawkins? I’ve only successfully done it once, and that was an ending so depressing that it isn’t worth repeating.

I was thinking that it couldn’t be that sad.

I was incorrect.

Romancing Hawkin was the most fustrating thing ever I had in a choice game when it first came out(it was made a bit easier) here was my post from that time general things to do if you haven’t got it yet.

• Reason change"I just want to fight"
  • I got Hawkin say I like you from after just awoke from capture (good indicator that u are on the right track)
    -Agree on Hawkin’s ideals(whatever it was) at the prison cell
    -Initiate
    any dialogue that sounds like u want to be with Hawkin “you and me”,
    “someone by my side” (Just don’t skip Hawkin related dialogue not hard
    to find but missable)

You get relationship pts for beating Hawkin and either a high rep(I think u need 80) or presence to convince her/him stay with you at the end.

1 Like

I’ve done all of that, though. But regardless of my choices she tells me she doesn’t trust me enough to work with me (Even when I talked her down without fighting due to 5 presence).

During the last ‘break’ just after escaping the prison, I always say she deserves to be trusted, and try overall to just improve things for her, but even then nothing.