Magikiras (Finished) - Beta Testers Needed!

How do you get the “cheat” from Larry ?

It’s automatically given when Larry is asked to have a vision…

1 Like

Congratulations on finishing the game.

Do you need the first post in the thread and the title changed to reflect that? (If so let me know what you need it changed to.)

Yes that would definitely help. I’d like to set it to open beta status so that I can get some more people to have take a look and see what needs to be fixed and polished.

Tell me the exact wording you want the first post changed to and I’ll do that.

You’re already in Open Beta Test mode. :slight_smile: But if you want to indicate the first finished draft of the game is complete or something in the title feel free.

Here’s the new first post that I’d like to change it to: Thanks.

Magikiras is now tentatively finished and it’s ready for more intensive testing at this point. Just click on the link below and either pm me or leave a comment below. It’s been 18 months since I’ve started work on this and now it’s time to finish this race. Thank you everyone for reading and bearing with me.

4 Likes

Dear grapefruit, I have been following this story for quite a while now and I like to give myself up as beta tester, I also found a few bugs (for as far as I read yesterday) although I’m still trying to solve the grid riddle. So again, I’d love to help sharpen your story to the best it can be. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

A quick bug I came upon yesterday (not yet very detailed but I think pretty mayor)

So by almost failing the whole engine stuff wich was prevented by Morgan in the end there was this weird part since I did defuse the bombs (in the tower) … So the ‘father’ did not really die.

Finally the Major says, “Good work and I’m sure your dad would rest in peace now. I know I would.” There is an odd inflection in his voice but before you can ask him about it, he hangs up the phone. You think about his words for a while before fatigue catches up to you at last.

Had the same bug, but it seemed - at least for me - to only appear when I used one of the older save codes. After replaying and loading the new save instead of the old the bug didn’t appear anymore. So maybe it’s because of some changed parameters after the chapter was revised (it was, wasn’t it? To balance the time you have to reach the bomb when I remember right or something?), that messed with older saves? I’m no expert, I have no idea about coding and so, but that the problem can be solved by a newer save seems to indicate that.

No. I looked at the code and I noticed that I used the wrong variable. It’s a legit bug.

Good to know that you found it that fast, then. ^^

Yup. Anyways I’m now fixing up the engine grid puzzle and adding the alternate bits where a team-mate sacrifices himself to save the group in case you fail the grid puzzle as proposed.

Edit: Funny. This actually does mean that I’m finally able to kill off the character who was supposed to have died in order to make way for Larry in the first place.

I finally finished it because of my trusty pencil,paper and a quick google search to see how music works

I was wondering what the requirements were to pass the cave fight because no matter what I do I die. I built my character to be tech-savy and sneaky and have both those stats over 50 as you can see by the picture of my stats. If it is impossible to pass the cave fight by specializing in these two traits then something needs to be addressed, because i was able to pass all the earlier stages of the game. To be suddenly told so far into the game that I can’t move forward because of it, well, is frustrating to say the least. Though it also needs to be said that I restored a save instead of restarting from the beginning.
On a side note I’ve enjoyed ur game immensely. As a lurker I have been reading and anxiously waiting for your updates since you first started. I am grateful and pleased you pushed through and finished, for doing so I want to say congratulations and good job! I’m looking forward to seeing your game published and will surely be one of the first to buy it :smile: but for now we should concentrate on beta testing.
If I come across anything else I’ll be sure to post it here.

@nyxkora Thanks for your words and assurance. I’ll need to know the reason of your defeat in this case. What did you do? Did you take into account the hidden timer involved in Chapter 11? What enemy were you fighting? Did you suddenly skip to the final scene without going through the ending? Did you try to disable the object/engine and did you try to lure some of the enemy out before attempting to fight Morgan?

@Grapfeuit
I tried it several times with different options and always got my arm ripped off by fiends before dying.
I aways started off by sneaking into the warehouse and then ambushing the fiends inside. The ambush went off without a hitch and all the fiends were killed quickly. I then hacked the trapdoor to get into the cave.
From here i started trying differnet things but the fiends always killed me. I tried being sneaky and disabling the console, then getting rid of some fiends but no matter which option i chose on this one i died. So then i tried again, disabling the console by being sneaky and then attacking Morgan, still died. Then I tried just attacking Morgan as soon as i entered the cave but Balogh calls me crazy and refuses so I have to disactivate the machine or lure out some fiends. From then on matter which I choose it ends up the same as before, with my arm being torn off and dying.
Don’t know if knowing my equipment will help so here it is.

On a side note im pretty sure im not running out of time. When you run out of time a bunch of fiends start coming out of the gate and you have an internal monologue about running out of time.
But all my deaths were caused by the fiends already in the cave.

Have you tried using the raw magic option? If not, I’m going to have to make that particular portion of the game a little bit easier.

Edit: On an unrelated note, thanks for the screenshot of the suit page. Apparently there was an error there that I did not know existed.

@Grapefruit
I tried using the raw magic to get rid of some of the fiends in the cave. Doing so caught Morgans attention and so we had a power struggle but I still managed to get rid of some fiends. But then the next scence after I’m overwhelmed by the fiends and die. Also got the same result, dying, when I atrempted to disable the console with magic. Morgan noticed and sent the fiends to attack me, died by getting my arm ripped off.

Oh. :smile: I’m glad it helped, the screenshot.

Ah. I found a mistake in the raw magic section. Let off the coding of the variable. Okay, that option is fixed. The other options are won’t work for you because they test the other stats instead of subterfuge and device and because I didn’t fix the Einherjar suit properly, I don’t think the Einherjar suit upgrade was working, which is why it didn’t show the Einherjar’s upgrade.

Edit: To be on the safe side, I will revamp the Fiend section so that it doesn’t auto-kill the player as it originally did.

@Grapefruit
Yea, none of the options seemed to play to my strengths so I wasn’t suprised when they got me killed. But once every option was doing that something seemed wrong.
Ah, so the suit wasnt working properly. Did seem weird to me that using magic seemed to take so long and take so much out of my character when before it didnt. Least not with that suit.
And I’m glad i was able to help :slight_smile:

Quick announcement. I will not be updating the main link any more at this point so that I will move towards a closed beta testing. If you’d like to try the game, pm me and I will send the new link for beta testing purposes. The original link will still be here with its current mistakes and warts. Thanks and apologies for the invonvenience.

1 Like