Lords of Aswick - Out Now!

What’s the Afterlife Ending?

Basically you give to her the list of traitors for the first hookup. And for the second one remain neutral until the whole Council arrives when discussing the building of the new capital.

Well, guess that, since I played, I ought to give it my thoughts.

First of all, @Goshman, that’s a really big scope of a story you told. It covers a character’s life for decades, and that’s a really ambitious project. Lords of Aswick doesn’t let down. Sure, I guessed that sometimes the prose got a little verbose, but that’s a minor mistake. Only sometimes I felt as if I wanted to know more about characters, like the protagonist’s wife and Arthur. And the games owes that to your skill of getting me interested in said characters in the first place, so that’s another high point. The stat managing was pretty interestering, and I liked how sometimes it had no choice, and I just got a different writing from having different stats. All in all, it’s a good game, one that I’m likely going to be replaying.

3 Likes

There will be a Lords of Aswick 2? PLEASE ANSWER ME, I loved so much this game!

2 Likes

Yes, there will be a sequel.
You will play a descendent of your character and will be sent to the Church.

3 Likes

stop joking around, it could be another game, placed in roman empire or another age

1 Like

He’s not joking. Look for the OP’s posts in this topic.

2 Likes

cough http://www.teokuusela.com/lords-of-aswick cough

8 Likes

great! I’m your fan man, keep up the awesome work!

3 Likes

Ahoy, it’s an Announcement, which was made in another thread but pertains to everyone following this thread as well!

On (this upcoming) Wednesday - the 29th of June - I will be doing an experiment and I invite all of you fine folks to join me.

I am setting aside a few hours to work on my summary for Lords of Aswick, and shape up some plans I have for the sequel… As I concentrate on other stories, Inevitably I will start losing track of all the names and character traits that were so very important in First of His Blood, and I want to make sure that the world stays consistent for as high of a degree as I can make it. So while I am scrolling through the raw files of Lords of Aswick trying to find all the significant characters, I might as well host a bit of an AMA to coincide and talk about the future.

This will happen between 5pm and 8pm (Times in GMT) on the 29th of June over on twitch.tv/dgoshman, and I hope that many of you are able to pop in and say hello, and maybe ask a few questions. Even if you cannot, the video will remain on Twitch for as long as the service allows, which is about a month I believe.

I am ambivalent at best about streaming, and more importantly Twitch Creative, but I feel like it is worth the shot as a medium for conducting an AMA while also showing all of you some neat things about released stories, upcoming stories, and even stories I have planned for far down the line.

So, come and pop in if you can and I might show you a snippet of my plans for the Lords of Aswick series. I will also be taking on any questions about Best of Us, The Golden Eagle, even Runner’s Shadow. Seriously, the floor will be open.

10 Likes

I know this post is older, but this is my favorite game, I really hope there will be a sequel, I love playing on iOS, and Lords of Aswick is just a masterpiece… A sequel would be amazing!

5 Likes

hahahahahah!!! I made a screenshot of it too, although unlike you, @Cataphrak and @Herrington, all I did was lurk. Great job with the Twitch TV @Goshman! Maybe next time I’ll get around to making an account.

3 Likes

I quite enjoyed the stream although I couldn’t stay for the entire duration due to having to take care of something in real life. It was fun watching the creative process and seeing the banter in the chat. Wouldn’t be against seeing it again.

But again I was just a lurker like P_Tigras here.

Also I noticed you put down the royal family as unnamed in LoA but… in War.txt *label pitchroad it does refer to him as “King William Lionmane” (only mention of it) so I guess that counts as named? Then again it also refers to him as “King William the Lionmane” quite a few times which makes it seem like a title along the lines of “[Rank] [name] the Brave” it’s weird…

2 Likes

thought the king was called lionmane as a nickname / joke because of his beard.

ps didn`t the black prince become grand master of one of the holy orders after his exile ?

most of the holy men in the story never had a name just a titel

@Goshman Speaking of the Royal family, what happened to Augustine and her sisters after the war?

Lionmane was always a colloquially granted title, not a surname. Like with Richard the Lionheart. An actual surname was never given for the royal family.

@Urban Depends on the outcome of the war. In general whenever a pretender rises to the throne, the other pretenders will either end up locked up somewhere where they cannot see very much sunlight, or dead. At least for as long as they can be seen as a threat. If Augustine rises to the throne, the sisters will be married off to foreign royalty to de facto legitimise her position.

1 Like

And if Stephen rises? What happen to them?

Likely locked away under some form of house arrest. Tossed in an oubliette if they don’t behave themselves.

Any sons born to the King’s daughters would hold a legitimate claim to the throne, and marrying the women to powerful foreigners would enable them to raise the children for a future as puppet kings. While this is fine for Augustine, the two men cannot afford to take the chance.
If the King’s daughters are allowed to marry at all, it would be to Norwallian nobles who are known to be very loyal to the new monarch.

John would be likely to slaughter any of his competition, which is actually the best course of action to remove any further questions of legitimacy and make sure the realm doesn’t descend to more civil wars in the short term.

1 Like

I wonder if being the kingmaker does anything for the MCs family. Like a friendship between the royal family and the MCs family due to that whole affair. It’s certainly hard to imagine a family that played such a major role in Stephens rise not to get some long term benefits from it besides land titles.

Oh who am I kidding that’s very plausible. Ehh I am just very curious as to the consequences of LoA1’s actions have on our family. Although I suspect we will find out in the sequel…

3 Likes

What else could they get out of it besides lands and titles? The MC’s house is not prestigious enough to consider the possibility of marriage and any long-term favors they could have gotten out of it would raise the other Lords’ envy. The nail that sticks up gets hammered down, as they say.

Even by the end, if I remember correctly, there’s some distance between the MC and whoever they supported.

2 Likes

if your kingmaker your end the game having had high office on the countsel for a good while (with what ever title)
went from a unknown knight too earl and maybe even more
might have a part of the capital name after you because you financed it.
not counting how you left you earldom too who ever your air is?

the new earl of aswickdale will have lots too live up too i`ll say

2 Likes