Light in the Darkness

I’m serious, I’m not claiming plagiarism, but they are too similar to be published at once.

@Zane_Hiam they both are post apocalyptic, focusing on abilities emerging in individuals as a result of radiation from a nuclear event.

Sorry, I honestly had no idea that WIP existed. I’ll stay updated with it and try to avoid too many similarities.

Naw, no need to apologize.

You have not done anything wrong.

honestly you and the author of the other one should brainstorm and coordinate ideas so you both end up with completely different results.

But because magic happens you could make some raisins about not aging while asleep

This seems great- looking forward

I’d recommend toning down your rhetoric. There’s more than an enough room for both games, especially at this stage in the process.

12 Likes

This seems like it can be a lot of fun will there be other survivors with powers or is the mc the only one

No, but (potential spoiler alert) I’m thinking about having the main antagonist seeing your character in action so he tries to inject himself with massive amounts of radiation so he can get your powers. What do you guys think: should his obsession be his undoing, or is that a really lame way to end a game?

@Zane_Hiam Hey no worries! My WIP is a little different to the setting of your own. It’s set about 100 years after “The Nuclear Massacre” (which is what I named the event in my WIP). I haven’t played fallout so I’m actually trying to stay away from sounding too similar. (As much as people do love fallout :ok_hand: ) Also, I was approached by another author earlier about my WIP sounding similar as we we’re using the post - apocalyptic/ nuclear/ powered humans. I think it was @Zanity . Lets say great minds think alike lol.

@TechDragon610 thanks for linking me to this thread. I probably would have missed it.

Thanks! Yours sounds great also! I hope you play the finished project!

I like it can he morph into some horrendous monster too :smiley:

No problem, I know it looked to some like I was just causing trouble, but it was out of genuine concern.

It’s okay, everyone should be open to their own opinion, it shouldn’t cause harm not to share the same opinions as others. Plus things can be misinterpreted. It happens all the time. :ok_hand:

That’s a good idea for a game! I’m no expert on the subject, in fact most of my information comes from Fallout and Metro, so I kind of wanted to do something absurd and over the top like that. You acquired your powers through very unique circumstances. You see, you were in a basement when the bomb went off and the radiation leaked through a small window. Not enough to kill you, but not enough for you to walk away unscathed. This will all be in the prolog which should be out soon. Sorry, there’s been some technical difficulties, so don’t be surprised if I ask some choice script questions on here.

I just remembered something that’s related but not really, i was in a group and we were playing a game that I forgot what it was called but it was like dungeons and dragons mixed with fallout and my friend was a man-bear-crab

A post apocalyptic setting with magic? I love the idea! Can you describe in more detail what will happen in the game?

That research may not help. The startling reality now is that we have weapons that make the one that hit Hiroshima and Nagasaki look like a spark.

@Zane_Hiam unless that basement was a nuclear shelter, and the “small window” was really a breach somewhere, the protagonist would still be riddled with radiation from the blast.

How powerful will be this power?

Small window? What small window? I want to bath in radiation!!! So i will have more power!!! MORE RADIATION!!!MORE POWER!!!(or death but this doesn’t matter!) Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!