Light in the Darkness

You were just a normal teenager, that is, before the war. You awaken five years later to discover your friends, family, everyone and everything you loved or cared about, gone in a flash of nuclear fire. The world now teems with various factions fighting over what’s left. But the radiation seems to have awoken a power deep inside of you. Can you unite the warring factions? Can you be the light in the darkness?

Hey guys, many of you might remember me from a previous forum where I asked your opinion on various ideas for a work in progress. In the end I saw overwhelming support for post-apocalyptic magic, so this will be my first full CoG! If you voted for one of the other ones, don’t worry, they’ll get made further down the line. Thank you to everyone who voted, I should have a demo up in a matter of weeks. For now, leave your comments, questions, and suggestions.

11 Likes

So this is the “fallout with magic” game idea that you posted earlier?

Let’s see how it goes, good luck! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Wait so we fell asleep for 5 years or?

Probably got knocked out. :neutral_face:

It was more of a coma caused by suddenly absorbing massive amounts of radiation.

Sound like a really cool concept

This may seem like a stupid question but did the main character age during their sleepy time

Be keeping an eye out for this sounds fun ! good luck :smile:

Light? I will be the darkness!!! And no light will stand in my way!!! Is possible to choose your power?

So you settled on this idea…I look forward to the demo.

…that might be awkward. Imagine ‘falling asleep’ at 13 and waking up as an 18 year old. Or just completely missing your puberty. Oh dear. A kid in the body of an adult, that can’t be good.

Yes, you age, and it will lead to some awkward situations.

@Abyss Or darkness in the darkness. Seems counterintuitive but whatever.

1 Like

Sounds like Lion-O from ThunderCats.

If I remember correctly, he along with the other ThunderCats escaped the destruction of Thundera in a space ship; there, the Thundercats entered suspended animation in capsules to prepare for the long journey to Third Earth.

Lion-O’s capsule ended up malfunctioning and he awoke, sometime later, to find that he had aged from 12 to 24.

Same thing happened in the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

When Link and Zelda failed to prevent Ganondwarf from claiming the Triforce, the Sages sealed Link’s spirit for 7 years so that Link’s body could age and strengthen in preparation for confronting the darkness that Ganondwarf had spread over Hyrule.
Link went from 9 to 16, if I remember correctly.

The mentalities of both Lion-O and Link had not matured in unison with their bodies, so they were both “kids in an adult’s body,” so to speak.
(Pre-Adolescent to Adolescent for Link, anyway.)

Their reactions to “growing up” always tickled me. :relaxed:

Will be only one power or more? Will be possible to choose what power will have?

yeah, these ideas are way too similar. I’m not saying you plagiarized or anything, but you may have missed the timeslot to get your idea out.

This might be awesome!

Awww, bro! Don’t be like that! :disappointed:

1 Like

Personally i prefer magic cataclysm not nuclear, hmmmm! TechDragon please do not stand in the way of darkness! Joking. :smile:

Not true. Mine is going to be more Fallout setting with Infamous magic. You can refer to my previous forum if you need to. And it will probably be one or two years before this is ready to publish. I’m more of a writer than a programmer you see.