Life of a Wizard

How do you stay as a Druid/ become the arch Druid?

Don’t take any actions that affect your alignment once you become a druid. Give nothing to charity and don’t refuse rewards (and be careful with healing people; if there’s another solution, take it), but also don’t commit obviously wicked acts.

i always end up having trouble at the end trying to fix that broken kingdom
but makes it that much more fun :slight_smile:

but one thing i did not like was the lack of reactions from companions when i made good or evil choices
still well worth it though
look forward to more games from you

Yeah, I’m finding archdruidism a hard one too.

Anyway, anyone else wishes there were metamorphoses available in the game other than lichedom?

Like say immortality through alchemy, or maybe alchemy and healing

Or maybe becoming a demon lord through summoning and transmutation?

Or using enchantment and transmutation to create a golem body?

You can become an angel or a demon right before you fight the dragon. (Sadly, isn’t good for much besides the achievement.)

If you become an angel you can drive away the person spreading the plague.

It seemed to me to be more about being angelic, not an actual angel, and yes I knew all that.

I just don’t think it counts. :slight_smile:

Either way, you’re not completely human (or whatever race you were born) afterwards.

I bought this game last night and have played it twice through now. It’s a very good game with a good use of stats. The diversity adds to the replayability… I think I have time for one more play through before breakfast…

[mod deletion of 1,000 "o"s without line breaks – please don’t do it again, P0RT3R, it fucks with other people’s ability to read the page comfortably]
LOL
What i was trying to say is
This is gooooooood

I wonder, why this app on itunes have 23.5 MB size and in play google is only 1,6M. Can anyone tell me why there is so much difference? Or it really doesn’t matter?

I LOVE this game! It is utterly amazing! Yes, there were many irritating punctuation errors, but overall, it was brilliant!

I felt quite accomplished, actually, when I was able to become a druid! It was equally depressing when I became an ex-druid once all of my druid skills were maxed and I didn’t realize you can’t choose to train your other skills, but even though I was disappointed in that, it was just one more strange possibility that adds to the genius of the game!

Ah, so you missed out on becoming an Arch Druid? Getting an animal companion is pretty sweet :smiley:

I finally became an archdruid.

So has anyone tried the put the old archdruid out of his misery option? When I saw it I just had an image of Admiral Ackbar screaming “It’s a trap!” so I didn’t try.

I’ve been trying to amass a list of all of the familiars that you can have. Help, anyone? (I’ve also tried to find the benefits of choosing one particular familiar over another other than distracting the dragon, and onlybenefits that I found))
Rat: No particular benefits
Dog: Can help you find your child later on
Cat: No particular benefits
Snake: Can help you scare the warriors from the tavern, but is not as effective as a high geography stat
Imp: Can help you cross over to the other world of the fire lord (which anyone with divination can do) and cross a barrier, but anyone with an arcana of 30 can do so anyway
Skull: Same as imp, except without a barrier crossing ability
Dragon: None, you can only acquire it when it’s too late to offer any help.

Here’s how to get them:
Rat: Go to the witch’s hut when you are young.
Dog: Heal the dog you saw and have it help you with the bully later on.
Cat: Just have a love interest and go to the tourney when you’re learning magic.
Snake: Have a willpower above 30 and control the poisonous snakes in your lesson
Imp: Excell in your summoning lessons by choosing summoning as your talent.
Skull: Have a necromancy skill of over 40 and control the corpse of the halfling in the family tomb. Adopting the skull will give you no chance to acquire rewards from the halfling.
Dragon: Have a summoning skill of over 50 and choose to read the books of the mage guild when the archmage is elected. If you were not elected, you can sneak in if you’re evil enough.

I don’t know why, but I can’t get the fallen angel, Royal blood, and perfect party (forgot the name, the one where you get the greatest party members) achievements. Help, anyone?

I’ve never gotten fallen angel, but I think it involves getting that godly blessing before you get to the dragon and then go totally evil.

Royal blood you get by seducing the princess while you’re a member of a compatible race (so off the top of my head I figure human, half elf, elf, orc, or half orc)

And I’ve never gotten perfect party.

@stsword Choosing either the option to heal the archdruid, or put him out of his misery, will exclude you from being a druid. With either option you are defying the natural progression of life.

@Wyrmspawn IIRC, if you have any flying familiar (skull or imp), they can help you identify the fleeing assassin after the wedding if you were unable to chase them in time.
Royal blood - like @stsword said, seducing the princess works, or seducing the prince/king if you like males.
Perfect party - Golem, former bully (make him a halfling and he’ll be super-effective!), friend from academy.

Oh, right, and you missed the Owl familiar. You can get him if you successfully beat the barbarian leader without magic.

@timaeus until my 10th playthrough, I had always made the bully a half-orc/dwarf warrior. They also do well at that, but are better as a halfling thief and worse (obviously) as a cleric.

is there anyway to get Royal Blood and Family Business with a male/king female/princess walkthrough? Tried and wasnt successful with my 3rd walktrough…