Knights Of Valor (WIP)

You can ask around about how to handle same sex relationships both in coding and in a lore that makes it not acceptable. There’s no problem if the society “makes” you marry the opposite sex but you can just do the lords of Aswick thing where you can have a same sex partner and you’re marriage partner or whatever,

4 Likes

Thanks for understanding!

Thank you a lot! Will continue developing the story!
:smiley:

Yeah, I understand. But as this is a hobby, I want for this to be like this, maybe if I make more games later on, I’ll change that(probably). For now, for this game, you’ll be forced to be attracted to the opposite sex. Hope that doesn’t ruin a playthrough too much.

Well, in that case, it would be easiest of all for you to make all romances bisexual. This way, you don’t have to check whether people are male or female beforehand, reducing your workload. If you want to add in attraction to a gender, you could fit it into what you already have quite easily:

*fake_choice
 #You have to admit, William is very attractive, even though you're interested in women.
  *set prefers "female"
 #You have to admit, William is very attractive, and since you're interested in men, maybe things can go interesting for you two.
  *set prefers "male"
 #You have to admit, William is very attractive, and since you're interested in both men and women, maybe things can go interesting for you two.
  *set prefers "both"
 #You have to admit, William is very attractive, although you're not really interested in romance.
  *set prefers "none"

And then when you have to feel attraction, instead of checking if gender is "male" or "female", check what prefers is, e.g.:

*if ((prefers = "both") or (prefers = "female"))
 You find lady So-And-So very attractive....

This will probably end up being easier for you in the long run.

Well, gay people exist. Gay people existed in the Middle Ages, too, even if the culture wasn’t that welcoming. So, unless all babies are magically tested at birth and gays are either either forcibly “cured” or just left out to die (which would be horribly homophobic, so seriously don’t do this), there will be gay people in your story. And remember, it’s your story, so it’s your lore, and if you want to make everybody bisexual, you can do that.

And if you really don’t want to let the MC be gay or bisexual, could you make it clear in the original post that that’s the case?

8 Likes

wow, after Reading how the history start , the reference of got and the kind of choices you let us make, i think i will quite like this game even tough there are some things i dont quite like :smirk:

for example>
Who is our mc or when will we know? so far i know we are knight who swored fealty to Lord Henry.
Why is my mc forced to help Dalkan even though i refused, there is nothing that i hate more in a game that being forced to something.

1 Like

Heya, thanks for liking the game! Anyways, I have questions about your statement:
Which GoT reference do you mean? I might have added one accidentally. :smiley:
You aren’t really a knight, you used to be a sworn man/woman of Lord Henry. The first 8 options allow you to choose your character’s role, the first one being the knight. The others are: Assassin, Deathbringer, Hunter, Mercenary Captain and so on.
As for who is our MC? Well, you’ll know as the story develops.

What do you mean? If you mean the “deal with the monster”, that’s not really an option. You need the money from the monster case and really have nowhere to go. As for the 3 options(Refuse politely, refuse harshly, accept), the first 2 doesn’t make you a sworn man/woman of Lord Dalkan and drops his relationship of you. By accepting his offer, his relationship with you increases, but later on in the game, specifically, when he asks you to perform a task, you have no free will where to go; Whereas if you didn’t swear an oath to him, you’d be able to choose one of the following: Visit Aeyrons, Go after the assassin, or go after the mercenary company.
I think I answered your questions.

So there is a class system? It would be neat to see that displayed on the stat screen. I’m doing a run through with the trap setting/short sword class right now.

1 Like

i dont mean the deal with the monster, even though we have free will if i go to aeryons, the mc still ask for help to lord dalkan… so hows that not forced?

you didn’t swear an oath to me. Thus, you have free will. You will have to choose where you’ll go. To the west of Eplyae you can visit the Aeyron family. They’re of noble blood and can be very helpful in the upcoming wars. To the north, there’s an inn called the “Hanged Man’s Inn”. I’ve heard a legendary assassin, Tasal Masaji is located there. However, those are only rumors. To the south, well, to the south you can look for the “Khaligion Archers”, a mercenary company. The odds are though, that after their leader, Thillius, the general of Lord Henry fled, the mercenary company will probably not be as strong as it was. The choice’s yours to make."

let me point it, we are free to choose, but we still are forced to choose something that is helping lord dalkan even though i refused to serve him, so how does that make us free? i dont think so, is like having a dog and let him be free for 20 mins in the park then go to him after that and put him in a leash?

Really? I don’t think that would be any difficult. I currently have all the class names, I just don’t have them displayed on the screen. I assume you want a “Class:” and then the class you chose at the beginning?

Yes, now I understand what you mean. I didn’t use these 3 set of choices to save more time and work less, nothing like that. I was simply using that to cover up for the story. What I’m trying to say is, that I don’t know how else in the story I can give the player the motivation to “explore”. If you have any ideas, just send me a personal message. Available to any kind of ideas.

Something like that. It would give an idea of what role the MC fills along with the description when you pick it. I’m assuming the last one I picked is a strategist of some sort right?

1 Like

Yes, a strategist. A Tactician of sorts. I call that one the “Scholar”, but if you have a better name, just send me a personal message. Or, if you have any ideas about anything in general, PM me.

There is a lot of options for you, for example,

Make our mc close to Lord Henry or atleast to someone in his house, be it a woman, man, childhood friend…etc
Then give us the option to go to Asnurg.

this depend on what your history is centered, i mean there is a lot of option you can make for our mc to not have to bow to someone in the game… ( Ramsay from Got…:smiling_imp: or John snow…)
guess you can take the hint :smirk:

Lord Henry’s dead. Just sayin’.

yup , meaning that if he have no more relatives or we are somehow related to him, we can rule asnurg and work from here…

There will be the option and opportunities to rule other regions and perhaps even ascend to the throne yourself. Here’s how it’ll look like:
Scenario:
A: You usurp the throne and take everything by force. This includes: Capturing forts, castles, towns, cities, raiding villages, capturing lords and vassals.
B: You make a false claim and start spreading rumors. This includes: Spending a lot of money on your false claim, recruiting nobles, persuading lords.
C: Help someone ascend to the throne and then assassinate them. (Will work better if this person trusts you).

Tactician is a pretty good name by itself but if they excel at more than just battlefield tactics then scholar isn’t too bad.

1 Like

Yes, Tactician’s too specific. Scholar’s better, in my opinion. If you have any ideas, PM me. (Any ideas).

I second this, it would save us all a lot of hassle and of course disappoint your would-be gay fans, but that’s a potential trade-off you have to decide on yourself.

Forced attraction is just wrong if you want to give your players any form of agency at all, not everybody will be heterosexual and not everybody will even be interested in sex. Like @Pyyrhus said, archaic or “traditional” social structures that require marriage to the opposite sex are an additional challenge for gay people to overcome, just like they’ve been historically but that doesn’t mean gay people don’t exist, quite the contrary.
For a guy “marrying” an understanding lesbian would be the holy grail in previous times, but a woman more interested in motherhood then a devoted husband could potentially work too, as would sticking your “wife” in a convent once she’s provided an heir, etc.

4 Likes