Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

A minor continuity error I noticed.

If we decide to take up Leon’s offer for a job, we meet Celosia, albeit very briefly. However, if we spend the winter Solstice with Seraphina, the MC mentions that they have never met her before.

10 Likes

My MC’s just want to stay out of politics!

4 Likes

I remember playing this game back when Kol and Thalia still had different names. I thought the game was ok but back then there were only a few chapters. The premise of a normal person getting dragged into the world of magic seemed interesting so I checked on it from time to time. I have to say I like where this is going and it’s really come a long way. Definitely excited to play the full game.

Here are some things in the game I noticed:

Summary

Ch 3

• At the party when you choose to not let Altair and Astrid go there is a conversation about the gorgon but Leon seems surprised by it. Earlier in the chapter there is a dinner conversation with all your suitemates and it is mentioned that Astrid got attacked by a gorgon so shouldn’t everyone know by then and not be surprised?

Ch 6

• I think the attack on the circus is too overlooked. You get attacked but no one bothers to call the police? Everyone just seems to shrug it off and Thalia and Leon just say too not stay too long. If the circus attack happens the MC doesn’t seem to dwell on it at all in later chapters. There were all those monster attacks but this attack stands out in that other magi are attacking you directly. They say that they are going after you. Shouldn’t everyone else be more worried?

• The choice to stay near the circus and check out the stalls is also odd since you just got attacked wouldn’t you want to get out of that general area? Perhaps you could put the stall scene before the attack.

Chapter 8

• I was going through the code and saw something off in the potions final. The last two if statements don’t match the sentence below it. If Altair has a high relationship and Kol has a low one it should be Altair that gives the glance and not Kol. The same thing happens in the last one but reverse it and put Kol instead of Altair.

*if (ritualpotions >= 10) and (ritualpotions < 15)
*set class6grade -10
There are a few mishaps during the rest of the exam. You accidentally let the potion heat too long and have to waste time letting it cool again, and then you add too much snakeroot and have to waste precious time filtering it out.

*if (altairrelationship > 50) and (kolrelationship > 50)
Kol and Altair both shoot you sympathetic glances on the way out.
*if (altairrelationship > 50) and (kolrelationship <= 50)
Kol shoots you a sympathetic glance on the way out.
*if (altairrelationship <= 50) and (kolrelationship > 50)
Altair shoots you a sympathetic glance on the way out.

Chapter 9

• There is a small error for the short haired girl MC when Astrid is doing their hair. It should be: let her do your hair
    typo

• After eating brunch with everyone there is the option of seeing a movie with Astrid, Cressida, and Kol or to hangout with Yakov, Leon, and Altair. It is mentioned that Kol goes with Astrid and Cressida but Kol appears out of nowhere at the ice rink acting as if he was always there. Was it possible that you meant for Kol to go wherever MC goes?

• If the MC is a magician or human Cressida still asks if they will be participating in the tournament even though they can’t.

17 Likes

I am confuse…there aren’t any attack to the circus, and it was not stated that the previous attacks were against me …:slight_smile:

and about why we still go to the circus despite recent attacks on the community, well like one of my choice earlier… we can’t let these attacks affect our lives and fun right? More ever, all of us are not defenseless commoners , even if the main character is a human, he/she already had some defensive maneuver by now… maybe there could be a choice for our main character to stay back and not involve with any fun activity but for me… i am not going to be scared off by any hostile attacks , if someone really want to hurt me, it doesn’t matter where i go … and my character is pretty confident(or foolish) to deal with any potential dangers along with my friends :smile:

I believe he’s referring to what occurs when you go with Thalia to the circus. You do get attacked and then after you are almost killed, everyone acts as if it were a minor inconvenience and went on with their lives, including the mc

6 Likes

Oh… thank you…

So if we went with Astrid and Seraphina group, the scene won’t occur right? because that’s what i did, and there weren’t news about the attack of the cicrus :slight_smile:

Oh, I almost forgot about that. What were the names again? I think Thalia was actually something with an H (Heather?) and Kol was something with a D??? I can’t imagine them with different names than the ones they have now, it’s been too long :sweat_smile:

Their names were Heather and Dominic.

2 Likes

@daydreamsincolor

Feedback: These are not really big errors, just nitpicks I found. The writing is really great in the intro chapter. I think you already mentioned that you had plans to change the this, but the very beginning of the story doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense.

How is it Astrid’s fault that the MC was attacked? The story the MC tells Nekora implies they were in a car wreck, but it isn’t clearly stated. I understand the MC is not meant to have a clear mental image of what happened after the car crahsed, but they would remember that they were driving and why they swerved. Were they about to hit Astrid or the gorgon? It might help to describe that in a little more detail.

I did corrections in ( ).

Chapter 1

But what would it really take to accept all of this and suddenly become a student at a college for (the) supernatural?

Don’t worry, after classes start and everyone’s been here a while(,) I’m sure it’ll look totally different. For now(,) let’s see what our room looks like."

You were attacked by a gorgon, and ((extra and doesn’t need to be there)) you met a girl who can fly, and now you’re here.

He continues as if nothing (has) happened.

Once there(,) you’re greeted by a man already seated in front of what you guess is the main control panel.

If a virus or other malware is detected(,) the simulation will shut off automatically.

“Yeah, sims can (be) pretty cool,” Astrid says. “The fact that it’s a 4 program is the problem. Be careful, Maria.”

You try to summon up the same desperation as when (you were) fighting the gorgon, and manage to knock a few back in the air. Your powers, whatever they might be, are faulty and feeble, but (you also) fight physically and get in enough random blasts to keep Astrid able to fight.

6 Likes

There’s no Greek life equivalent at Magi.

Majors are declared sophomore year. MC will probably get a choice between political science, defensive magic, general magic studies, and a couple other things.
Any major requests/suggestions? (Any of that would be pretty far in the future, but it’s always good to hear some ideas.)

@Djin @darkwolf76
Thank you for your feedback!

10 Likes

Is that code for combat magic or actual barriers?

1 Like

It makes me wonder if that includes medical magic too.

1 Like
  • I’m interesting in learning how one designs spells, since you mention it as a job during the career fair. It would make a magician playthrough potentially more interesting, I think.

Dumb idea: is it possible to introduce the idea of Greek life to our suitemates and then somehow persuade NMC to adopt it?

I know it’s a farfetched idea, but it would be awesome if we worked the whole game just to let Magi students be allowed to goof off with non-suitemate friends.

3 Likes

Great idea. The University in Canada our own @Cataphrak attended really was better in this regard then even the Dutch ones. Greek life, frats, disputes, societies or whatever you want to call them do nothing but foster an increasingly outdated (many of our most prestigious current “disputes”, our closest analogies to your frats stem from the days membership in them was open only to male nobles for example :unamused: ) utterly toxic culture of entitled bullies who at their worst can hold the rest of the university and certainly its administration hostage with their “good old boys” networks.
They are also unquestionably dangerous even or perhaps particularly to those who would seek to join them in a misguided attempt to recreate a twisted version of the “manhood” and coming of age ceremonies the old “warrior” cultures traditionally had.

Personally I’m very glad and my mc likely is too that magi does not have frats, particularly since, in addition to everything I’ve mentioned before, they are usually also very homophobic.
Frats and their ilk are one of the prime demonstrators of how individually great people can turn nasty in the wrong kinds of organisations, so again I’m glad magi culture does not have them.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about those stories, but at the same time I also know that @daydreamsincolor would never include content like that in their game.

Maybe instead of straight up greek life, the MC could probably try and make expanding the concept of suitemates to be a social club or something? Just something to spice up the MC’s social life, especially since the other named characters in the relationship stats like Cressida, Altair, and whatnot don’t get a lot of screentime compared to others.

3 Likes

Obviously the MC needs to form a student safety group because murder attempts are apparently daily occurances.

15 Likes

Well, yeah but mostly with just our mc as the target it seems, poor kid. But the mc already has their personal student safety group, or at least potentially they do, consisting of their own suitemates and other friends.

2 Likes

Since my main character didn’t go to the circus… i have no idea i am the actual target :smile: , i actually thought they were targeting Astrid :smile: hence, for my main character’s part, i am still happy go lucky everyday …

Perhaps there should be some sort of Wardens be form… everyone could volunteer to become a warden and go for routine patrol …

1 Like

I think its pretty clear that your suitemates weren’t the only targets of those attacks, if at all. Those monsters always find a way of singling the MC out, so they have to be significant in some way, even before they enter the magi world. That significance might be different depending on what parent route you choose, but the MC is always important in a way yet to be seen. And your parents/parent alway know more than they’re willing to tell. My guess, the MC is a potential next seeker. Am I warm or cold about all of this @daydreamsincolor ? :smirk:

2 Likes

Yeah that scene makes it quite clear the mc and not the much more wealthy, influential and politically connected Leon is who they’re really after. :sweat_smile: :fearful:

2 Likes