Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale Free-for-All Discussion Thread Where Spoilers May Appear

How did Fitzie know what’s on the MCs mind though? Did there pettiness grow SOOOO large that they have now developed mind reading ? :joy:

But in all seriousness imagine a Starling who has a crush with the MC (we can see this with a Tally Ho MC with Frankincense,who you can have a torrid affair before leaving their employment ) seeing a Fitzie who’s ALSO crushing with the MC. That’s bound to be chaotic for all parties. They might even resort to secretly hating each other :joy:

10 Likes

I do believe becoming a criminal requires a skullduggery stat above 70, which is pretty hard to reach.

1 Like

Not just love interests! Fitzie can block Haze from, let’s go with the term the game itself uses, ‘conducting important business affairs’ with MC too. They’re a pretty jealous character, which makes them interesting, imo.

18 Likes

Now I have to know how to reach the spoilered bit.

Please, can you share a screenshot of that moment? I really want to see it! When does it happen?! Jealous!Fitzie is the best Fitzie, every little thing I discover about them makes me love them more >///<

By the way, seeing as how Flutterbury is quite a ways out from London, I don’t suppose it would fall outside the jurisdiction of our good Inspector Ambrose?

For some reason, choosing Spud Nuggets as the sponsor doesn’t unlock the relevant achievement for me. Does it only work if they’re your only option?

I manage to get the achievement only when Ernie’s the president.

It was in the code, but it appears to be unused. I couldn’t get it to happen in my playthroughs, alas. To keep it brief, getting the scene in the first place requires both an unattached Haze (simple enough), and a single MC who had never shown interest in any of the 4 ROs (also easy to do so), Haze as the club sponsor (which means you have to get presidency too) and a jealous Fitzie (referred to in the code as anticupid, which I find amusing).

That last variable of getting Fitzie jealous, however, requires an MC to show interest in an RO who’s not Fitzie and requires Fitzie to have a crush on MC in the first place. The cab ride in Chapter 5 is the only place you can obtain the anticupid tag.

Here are the choices you get if Fitzie didn't get in the way

Just for context about where I got my phrasing.

8 Likes

You’re right–I’ve fixed that for the next update. Thanks!

Hrm. That’s annoying. I will have to tinker with that.

The only jurisdiction Inspector Ambrose recognizes is the jurisdiction of justice. But you may feel free to point out the issue to him when next you meet. Which will be soon, no doubt.

3 Likes

Thank you for the fun game @Gower! I’ve been a fan since Midsummer Nights Choice, and your work never fails to make me laugh after a long, hard day! Here’s some fanart of Tabs and Vyv–I hope you like it! Definitely going to try my hand at drawing the rest of your characters soon.

45 Likes

They look perfect! I’m putting this up near where I write. I love Vyv’s expression. I think she in particular would appreciate being made into art.

3 Likes

Wow, I’m honoured! Let me know if you’d like a more printable version. I think imgur squashes quality a little–but I might be wrong.

2 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you! Oh my god, Fitzie! So possessive! :flushed::flushed::flushed: “If you don’t keep your hands off” Why did that make me smile like an idiot lol I love them to pieces :sob::orange_heart:

10 Likes

Aaand here’s the other two ROs! I had to force myself to think sarcastic thoughts while drawing Fitzie, and dashing enthusiastic thoughts while drawing Gilberto to capture their vibes. I think it worked? Sort of? Thank you for creating such lovable characters, @Gower!

52 Likes

Gilberto’s face! Would you trust that man to lead you down a dark alley? I love it!

11 Likes

@Shyranno inspired me, so I made a moodboard for the Prepare for Trouble and Make It Double couple that are Fitzie and MC. Starring male Fitzie and my MC Charlotte Willmont:

8 Likes

LOL loving the Disney energy here. Great work!

2 Likes

How badly do I want to turn this into a musical.

16 Likes

Haze has a cunning plan. I can only hear that in my head in a Sir Tony Robinson-voice.

2 Likes

So, does anyone have a guess of how the list of Britain’s public enemies look? In Tally Ho, we learn that Light-Fingered Lou is at the top for thieves, and that Slippery Sal (assuming they exist) is 7th and rising quickly. With that in mind, we can assume that Tabby, assuming Ambrose is right, or whoever else it may be has either leapfrogged Light-Fingered Lou in the thievery rankings, or that they’ve committed enough other dastardly acts entirely as to have completely become the paramount figure of crime. The question is, who fills out the rest of the list?

3 Likes