Interest Check Thread

I’d be interested in 3, its sounds really original and I’m already hooked and want to know what happens next

3 Likes

I like the sound of all 3, but number 1 seems like the most interesting to me.

2 Likes

hi all i have attempted to write a couple of games but i always struggle with the programming aspect of things but i decided to give it was more try

the seer’s path

plot

you were born into a simple village of honest working people but you have been plagued by strange dreams and visions ever since you were young but one day when a travelling wizard was passing through your village u decide to ask him why these visions are happening to you. he explains that you are what is a seer and that they would like to assist you achieve your full potential

this is a very basic idea for the story if you have any questions or criticism please let me know

7 Likes

yeah…it really is . You should spice it up a bit .

How about change it to ‘‘being born to scum parents, in a slummy crummy village . And your parents were using your gift to steal from the rich and corrupt . Until their next target was a powerful wizard…and thats how he came to drink tea’’ …

lol ignore the last part . But…it would at least open up two route .

1- Goody route of ‘‘Save me from vilainy parents’’
2- Go with the wizard and infiltrate…and finish the best heist if you can…from inside the academy…and steal a powerful artifact or something :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m very close to finishing my Christmas game, which I feel very good about. Constructing a world of mythological and fantastical creatures and their interactions with mortal world has been fun.

Once I finish it, I had considered writing another game in the same universe (whether CoG or Hosted), but focused on Halloween imagery instead of Christmas. So the character would be a goblin, spectre, zombie, witch, etc.

The story would be about your job of being summoned by humans to strike deals. They would all be from the same small town, and you’d eventually realize that something rotten is going on in the town, with an evil greater than you lurking about.

Romantic interests would include a couple other monsters, a mortal who you meet while in human disguise, and a mortal who is a monster fanatic and is obsessed with your culture.

I’m not set on this, I just had the idea pop in my head and wondered if it sounded interesting.

22 Likes

That sounds really amazing.

4 Likes

I really like the setting unique and something different.

2 Likes

We need CoG/HG for every holidays in the world!

3 Likes

Plot: You’re a nobody that gets involved in a revolution in the 1960’s on a fictional tropical island in the Caribbean. Fight for your personal glory, wealth, or freedom of your people. Deal with US/USSR/Big Business interests. Interact with famous historical figures. Face a personal nemesis and potential internal rivals. Convince people to join you through the righteousness of your cause or fear of your wrath or maybe they turn against you all together.

Story would mainly be a guerrilla warfare, political, and personal growth story type. Will have friendships and love interests as well. No fantasy elements

Thoughts?

9 Likes

Basically it’s a great idea. However, I am interested in political games, and it is better to describe not only the process of revolution but also the administration of the government after the revolution.

3 Likes

Please let us know about the current game mechanism and development schedule.

1 Like

Out of idle curiosity - this is not confirming any sort of full game idea yet - if there was a game in the style of Guen or Wilhelmina with a romance focused game with about three or four (established or original) characters as options and the ability to craft your character as you saw fit, but with a male (hero or villain) character from public domain fiction, who would you like to see? :thinking:

EDIT: The two characters I am toying with right now are Captain Nemo and the Time Traveller (who could be gender flippable I suppose) though neither have significant established ROs outside Weena with the latter. Jean is apparently planning on doing Robin Hood alongside Guen so I don’t wanna mess with that! Sherlock Holmes or John Watson would be fun more for establishing Holmes as a detective but it’s hard to allow them to romance any more opposite sex characters outside Irene or Mary and I would want at least two M/F options for such a character alongside any M/M ones. Phillias Fogg pretty much has the same issue if one sticks to established characters.

As for villains I am toying with Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde, James Moriarty, Sebastian Moran and (assuming I can present him in a way that doesn’t offend anyone and recognise he’s a villain in his own right and not a universal racist depiction of the era) Fu Manchu or the Devil Doctor Of Limehouse. With the exception of Jekyll though I am uncertain how easy doing romance focused games like Guen around those characters might be.

2 Likes

Gosh I always had a soft spot for Sherlock Holmes :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks! I suppose one option might be to let the player gender flip characters including their own so they can choose to romance any version of Adler, Watson, Lestrade or Moriarty they preferred to, though that would likely stretch elements of canon amidst historical believability, though that’s not impossible to ignore. :wink:

2 Likes

As the title suggests, would anyone be interested in a game surrounding the idea of being a SWAT officer, being in active duty and struggling with what you’ve experienced during active duty with your time off?

I’ve always been interested with the topic of how police officers deal with trauma, as well as tactical action for a CYOA. With a release date being confirmed for Ready or Not (a game surrounding SWAT action), I’ve been getting more into the genre of tactical shooters in general, playing the old Rainbow 6’s and the SWAT series.
While I have no experience with ChoiceScript, and my writing is far from eloquent, I think I could write a short demo within a few months, if the idea sparks interest within the community.

I’d appreciate feedback on the premise, or ideas to improve it.
Thanks!

20 Likes

I would be really interesting

3 Likes

If I might make a suggestion about the Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde option. Instead of a romance driven story why not a dual part relationship based one focused on how both the characters of Jekyll and Hyde interact with the other members of the cast in order to create a tight paced thriller and drama. Just a thought

4 Likes

I’d be very interested in a SWAT game since it’s a part of police procedure that doesn’t get enough media attention. I could see a rainbow six style COAG being very interesting especially if you could get some artwork done of the sites that must be breached. The PTSD is a very intriguing aspect as well as while it has been touched upon in other games I could see I would very much like to see the struggles of police officers given attention especially the SWAT team who deal with the worst case scenarios which would weigh on anyone who had to be in that level of high tension environment and life. Apologies for double posting

5 Likes

I would probably have elements of that anyway, but sure! I feel like how Fallen Hero handles the differences between the player character, their villain persona and their host body would probably suit a Jekyll and Hyde game, alongside determining how generally more positive choices as Jekyll counter predominantly evil choices as Hyde (and what sort of persona both characters can have).

4 Likes

Well, I’ve been having this idea stuck in my head for awhile

Well this idea has it like this, the MC (or player character) is in this post apocalyptic world after nuclear fallout. They are part of this organization base it off of the fallout franchise’s Brotherhood of Steel with the organization’s whole goal being to collect and protect technology and prepare it for when the world is ready. So one day the MC is either mattering on some choices are on a team to retrieve this unique technology not from this world and on it the team meets heavy resistance from individuals that hold technology that doesn’t even appear in your books. After a couple of scenes of fighting a in story time of a few hours the diminished team arrives at the tech but in capturing it one of the weird high tech foes appears and fires a shot at the device causing a explosion sending the Mc…while the other is the Mc is studying the device and in the experiment the base is attacked or the MC makes a serious mistake leading to…the Mc appearing in a different world…a world full of…things like super hero’s yes over done but :sob: I like it leading to the Mc having to navigate this new strange world in their own way.

Yes I know it is kinda stupid but this rough idea has been stuck in my head and I have always had this idea whenever I read a different story especially one with high tech worlds. For example I always can’t help but famtize about my idea when reading fallen Hero: Rebirth for some reason. The heavy armored knight meeting super powered foes is such a intense scene in a scene full of combat or a scene full of dialogue.

And while I don’t think this would ever get any real attention or want. I just wanted to get this idea off of my chest for my creativity is limited and my patience for a code more complicated then simple console commands for Fallout NV is about as long as a inch worm.

(To the person who split this message to this chat: sorry my bad and thank you for moving this)

Reason: wanted to say thank you, sorry and my bad and added the last bit of words

12 Likes