Interest Check Thread

Essentially. You can’t take people’s abilities without them dying, so it’s kind of like a traditional vampire instead of modern live-off-of bloodpacks type.

Another difference is your life isn’t directly tied to stealing more abilities, but your concentration may suffer if you’ve indulged a lot in the past. Something like an alcoholic; once in a while and you’re fine, too often and you become an addict.

1 Like

It would take a lot longer, but would people be interested in having the first game being the power copying one, where you could be a lone wolf at the expense of relying on technology?

This sets up the world and familiar characters.

Then, in the second game, as a spin-off you’d play as the power stealer, more subtle and avoiding the high tier superheroes until you actually have the power to stand with/against them?

If anyone has suggestions they’d like to see in games like these, I’d love to hear them.

2 Likes

I like both concepts, I like the idea of power stealing, which the kill to gain power allowing a simpler drive and the potential for more a villainous MC, but I do like the more subtle power stealing of option 2, where people won’t directly notice your increase in power. Though it does block a lone wolf path and seems to force you to interact heavily with others.

Maybe combine the two somehow, like make it two different paths depending on the characters someone wants to build, more overt or subtle or a combination of the two, though that might be a lot to do. Overall I would really enjoy this no matter which route you take.

3 Likes
  1. is the most interesting to me because, I don’t think we have that many WIP or games where we can be an anti-hero in a superhero game and I think it would be refreshing to have a game where the lines and definition of morality aren’t clearly defined as it relates to the MC. Also this concept is reminding me of Rogue from X-Men who can steal other people’s power and memories but taken to even hire levels which I really like. Also option 2 seems to require a certain personality type that just doesn’t seem applicable for lone wolf characters or characters who aren’t outgoing not to mention the description makes me feel like I have to spend a large amount of time buttering up to people just to get my powers which isn’t appealing to me. Both of these ideas are unique but, I feel like they’re definitely going to be off-putting to certain players.

@Bizimo You and I are the opposite you want to play what appears to be the typical hero that saves everybody and I’m sick of having to save everyone as the typical hero. Because, I prefer anti-heroes who don’t extend mercy to their enemies and I really don’t see that many games in the superhero genre where I can do that.

9 Likes

So in the first option, once we kill someone we get their power permanently, correct? Also, did you play Infamous: Second Son?

2 Likes

I have 2 ideas: One I’ve already started, and one that is a concept.

First one (the one I’ve started): Fight For Your Prize! (FFYP)

It is loosely based off of BFDI and Inanimate Insanity, stuff like that. What’s different about it is that instead of voting, you participate in the challenges. You also have no idea what the prize is, and everyone has a secret you can discover.

You also can play it 2 ways: (I like to call them routes) First is the Streamlined Route, where you focus on winning, and the second is the Dive Route, where you delve deeper into the game.

Might make a third route, but I have no ideas for it.

It is also possible to be eliminated or kicked off the show for a multitude of reasons (i.e. cheating, hacking, being rude in general).

Second one (concept): Something More

It’s a superhero type game, (this is the part I’m uncertain about) where you play as not one, not three, but TWO characters, one on the Villian path with a character named Sky, and one on the Hero path with a character named Clair. (If you’re wondering what dimension I pulled them out of, I like making characters I can use in multiple games. They just work for this one.)

The reason I’m not sure on this one is since it involves a LOT of weird and crazy code for a beginner. I’d like to try it, however.

So! Tell me what you think!

If any of you wanna play FFYP, just ask. I’ll try to add one on here ASAP.

OK have a nice day/night!

Or should I say…
${day}?
Ha ha, programming jokes…
Cya!

5 Likes

I’m sorry if that was the case. I assumed they (the Sentinelese) were “primitive” only because they cannot make fire.

Similarly, I wanted this tribe to be unable to make fire (something which most indigenous people have managed since hundreds of thousands of years ago), and that to play a major part in why their culture deviates from using fire to scare away prehistoric predators and more toward the use of raptors.

3 Likes

A hoy hoy everyone! I’ve been a fan of CoG / HG for some time now, and decided to try my hand at creating some myself. I’ve a couple ideas for stories, and ideally would like to attempt them all at some point in the future, so this is more to see people’s general opinions and what I should prioritise. Anyway, with that said:

Idea 1

Idea 1 is set in a typical world of superheroes. Everywhere you look there are people soaring through the skies at impossible speeds, bending great forces of nature to their will and pnching evil doers through buildings with inhuman strength. You are none of these people. You are the man in the chair gathering information, the one responsible for recruiting and training, paying the bills for the fancy secret base and managing public image when a hero accidentily causes massive collateral damage.

My idea is that you’d be the manager of a small and relatively new superhero agency, in charge of a team of less than exceptional heroes. The game would be based around you working on improving the skills of your heroes, getting to know each of the members better and encouraging teamwork between them as you strive to build your agency into something respectable in the eyes of the public. Most of the focus would be on the characters and missions, with a more significant threat surfacing towards the end after you’ve (hopefully) built your team into something to be reckoned with.

Idea 2

Idea 2 is inspired by Choice of the Dragon, and feature a dragon as the main character as you follow and influence their life. However, I intend for there to be a stronger emphasis on plot. The game’s first section would follow your character’s childhood and affect stats such as speed, strength, fighting ability, intelligence and the like. You’d meet fellow young dragon side characters and determine your relationships with them, as well as some of the leaders. During this you would learn of the tensions with humans, ever raising as dragons caused damage to buildings and ate livestock while humans stole their young to serve as mounts for their Dragon Knights. This would end with your character being taken in such a raid.

The second section would revolve around your now close proximity to humans and your service as a mount of a young Dragon Knight in training. The player will choose how to take to it, whether they fight and rebel or find common ground with the knight and develop a friendship. The will climax after the character is freed by the previously mentioned dragons they bonded with in their childhood, and the player can choose whether to unify the dragons to lead war against the humans and separate the two races, or if they’d rather lead a small movement to make peace and create a new society for the both.

Idea 3

My third idea is looser than the others, but it would take place in a fantasy setting not long after humans, elves, dwarves and the like have formed their great nations. the player would be one of the more typical monster races, such as goblins and lizardfolk, who for most of history have been little more than isolated bands existing to raid the villages of protaganists and be fodder for developing heroes. This changes now, as you work to unite as many of demihuman races as you can into your own nation. The game wold centre around balancing the desires of each of the differing races making up your fledging nation, many skeptical of the premise and uncomfortable woking together, and avoiding internal strife as you decide exactly what sort of society to form, whether to work alongside the existing empires or try to conquer them all and become the unquestioned ruler.

Best (Or Least Worst) Idea:

• Hero Agency Manager
  • Dragons
  • Build-A-Monster-Nation

0 voters

8 Likes

honestly , the 2 first ideas are kinda super meh to me . Especially the 1st…and the 2nd lol

The 1st sound like you wanna make a ‘‘Football Manager Tycoon Game’’ , only with super heroes .

The 2nd again, smell of management even if it’s less then the 1st .

I hate management games . Too many numbers…

so I say your 3rd option would be the least offencive to my delicate anti-number side :sweat_smile:

It also kinda give me some Avernum vibe, if you do it right . If you fill your story with management of troops and what not…then urgh .

4 Likes

I like the 3 one the most. It sounds interesting and I would love to play as a monster for a change. I imagine it kinda like “the time I got reincarnated as a slime”. The first Idea is great, too. But this is maybe just because I like superhero games. Playing the person in the chair would be awesome. But I hope you aren’t forced to play a mastermind. Because I think it would be unsettling for some players.(Not for me I like playing masterminds.) The second one sound interesting, too but (for me) not as much as 1 and 3. But just like @E_RedMark said, I think it would be for some players boring if it’s drifts too much in managment. (But I kinda don’t undestand why the third one is the one where you think leaast it’s going to be a managment game. )

3 Likes

I wish you could vote for 2 options as I like idea number 2 and 3! Good luck with your writing!

2 Likes

Yes, you’d get their power permanently. The cost would be ethical/getting caught.
I haven’t played Infamous 1, 2 or second son, but I did play Prototype back in the day.

I had only an Xbox and Wii back then.

1 Like

I don’t recommend the game, but your MC’s powers sound similar to the protagonist of that game.

Have you considered a middle ground on your game where instead of killing them you simply steal the “victim’s” powers permanently. Additionally you could make it so that some characters will die if they’re separated from their powers, and the MC does know which. This would be especially good if plot progression has you accidentally steal someone’s power to discover your power and they don’t die, but later in the story after you defeat someone and the reader chooses to take their powers, the victim dies without warning, and the reader doesn’t learn that power stealing can kill until they accidentally kill someone.

4 Likes

Hello! This is Dark.Dark9. This is my first work and I decided to post it on the forum. Sorry for any grammatical and punctuation errors. English is not my first language. I hope you like this idea.
This is boy’s love game (m/m). Approximate genres: romance, drama, angst, slice of life. There will be a lot of drama in my game. The game takes place in different time frames through the memories of different characters.The name of my game is Ghost of Love: Broken Hearts.

MC is 20-23 years old guy with psychological problems who was in love leader of the criminal gang and he at the same time also dated an ordinary guy who wasn’t in the gang. Our MC has committed a crime in the past and he is paying the price for it in the presen.And our main character is trying to escape from the mistakes of his past, but he did not succeed.

A quote that describes the plot of my game (in my opinion):

The dead can do more than rip off heads; they can love too. The trouble is that even their love requires blood. - The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko

This is very short demo of the first part of the first chapter. If at least someone like this idea, I will continue to write. There’s only one choice I almost finished.

I also forgot that each chapter will consist of three or four parts.

8 Likes

Witches ain’t nothin’ but tricks****
In my game, Of Dungeons and Dragons, you the MC are a monster and the main key concept of the game is to keep your identity a secret or you’ll be killed. The game will be focused on building trust with your party so that hopefully whether you choose to reveal your identity or not they won’t kill you,
Going back to the topic, there are different ways to hide your identity. 1. Use a disguise whether made up of makeup or one of your skills. 2. Use a potion that you made yourself. 3 Use your own magic on yourself. 4. Go to your local forest witch and strike a deal that she will either make a potion or use her magic on you.
For the fourth option, you the MC won’t cost money or your skills or energy. However, you do have to pay the price for the witch.
Unfortunately, that’s where I hit writer’s block, I am unsure as to what could be the setback for making the deal. If anyone has any witch experience or what you want to see from a witch please let me know. Any and all help is great.

12 Likes

You could have it so the price is the witch makes a doll of you from your blood and hair. Said doll allows her to control you whenever she requires your abilities.

Edit: if you dont want control over the MC you always limit it to blood only and make it so the witch will ask a favor of the player at some point and if they refuse the witch can track them through their blood.

4 Likes

A Medieval Fantasy game in which you are on a quest to stop a lich (Placeholder. There will be other villains and the lich idea may be scrapped all together) while, at the same time, attempting to find out the cause of your death and stop it.

2 Likes

I want my first experiment with choicescript to be fairly lighthearted, simple, and goofy. I was thinking of making a game where you play as a kindergartner. You can become the teacher’s pet, be the class bully, become beloved among your classmates, wreak havoc on the school, and more! Does this sound like something you’d be interested in playing or is it too silly?

8 Likes

Hi! I’ve been a huge fan of CoG for years and am finally taking a stab at writing some interactive fiction myself. I’m extremely open to constructive criticism and would love to know if there’d be any interest in any of these ideas:

1. A high fantasy/medieval epic where humans were stripped of their natural magic centuries ago for heinous crimes. In the time since some human groups discovered ways to replicate the natural sorcery of the other races, but this kind of ritual magic is powerful and those found practicing it are punished harshly. You, the sheltered human/half-human heir to the kingdom’s throne, are overthrown by a practitioner of these dark arts. Your escape from capture and the subsequent struggle to retake the throne will see you on many adventures to make allies of old enemies, many still wary of humans. Prove them right or wrong, and depending on your choices you may make some friends, rivals, or lovers who join your party. Hone your skillset, collect magical items, and maybe learn some of the dark arts for yourself… diplomacy, military power, and subterfuge will only get you so far when dodging magical assassination attempts.

2. A survival game where you are stranded on an island. If you’re able to endure the elements and thrive you might just be brave enough to explore the jungle to discover the island’s secrets. Will you and the other few survivors find a way off the island or will you make a new home there?

3. A Magic School game in a fantasy world with many different branches. In this game you are working on your wizarding Master’s, a highly competitive title denoting your mastery in one of many magical specialties. Flesh out your character’s background before embarking on the research project of a lifetime with your trusty assistant and your familiar. If you’re able to impress the Jeweled Dragon of your specialty before any of your rivals you might just become a Master yourself. It’s been many years since some of the Jeweled Dragons have been seen though, is it because no one has been worthy of them? Or is something more sinister happening behind the scenes…

13 Likes

I would say stay classy and take 3

But

The first idea is much more original and I think it sounds interesting

4 Likes