Interest Check Thread

Hey, I think that’s a pretty good idea. Everyone loves a fish out of water story.

2 Likes

If love superhero storys so if you publish it count me in!

1 Like

Would the Mc be one of those supers?

1 Like

Well I have no plan to do this idea, for I don’t have the time nore the patience to do it, the idea how, and the ability of me to really ever understand how to work with the…script and the multiple choices would be such a annoyance on my part and a brain killer and about the question about him being a super? I would say in a quick set of answers would be yes! But no, for I am sure that extended radiation exposure would change most people even if not in a major way the body would have to evolve to survive in the intense environment.

Reason: just some words added to get my
Point out and be less confusing.

1 Like

I’ve probably been announcing it on my first game’s thread, but I’ll follow through and put it out here also to check for interest.

I’m making a new game based on the very complex dice rolling system of my first game. It will be simplified a bit and will probably be around 200-500k words.

The theme is a D&D-esque game with high fantasy, and a simple goal of exploration and hopeful escape. Though I’ve grown bored of the generic D&D monsters and spells, so I decided to make my own world with it’s own monsters and magic powers and occupants that are just not right in the head.

From tigers sprinting at the speed of sound, to flying raptors that can imitate human speech, to colossal knight statues of gold that can shoot fire from it’s eyes, this place will have no shortage of creatures to find and kill, or be killed by.

From an army of tight leather wearing warriors to robed cultists collecting garbage and human carcasses from the streets, this place will have no shortage of kooky characters, allies, and villains.

You will be playing as an expedition to this mad world, and once you’re in, your goal is simple. Try and get out if you can, or stay and embrace the mad world

It’ll be weird, unusual, and deadly, but hopefully, it’ll be fun. :+1:

Thank you for your time and please be as critical as you’d like. Nitpicking is encouraged. Much love for everyone :heart:

EDIT: fixed a few words

19 Likes

So you picked that vampire cultist from near the cave ? and talking T-rex ?

I would love a traditional epic adventure D&D to be honest . I’m still butthurt over D&D movie of old…

Such a dissapointement . well save for the dragons, those were good…but the rest was crap .

it’s sound weird…and I’m guessing that was your aim .

that get me curious though . Let’s see how much fun is fun, aye .

3 Likes

If there isn’t a talked pterodactyl called Tyrone I swear to God I will boycott you.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to sound weird, because I’m taking the essence of how D&D is actually played rather than how it was advertised. Pretty much, most of the games I’ve run are rarely serious and are filled with weird and wacky stories. So that’s what I’m taking as the theme of the game.

Pretty much anything can happen, and anything can be.

How about a talking flying velociraptor named Sweets?

2 Likes

Okay, so it is a dinosaur.

Raptor is another name for a bird of prey, ya know.

2 Likes

Through a series of unexpected (but exciting!) events and due to overhearing me blab on about CoG/HG at a work lunch, the CEO of the performance automotive engineering company I work for is interested in seeing me write a game combining elements of Frankenstein’s monster and racecar driving.

Hence, I’m shelving previous ideas into hiatus for now and would like to hear your thoughts and preferences on some of my initial ideas.

(Oh, ignore my dry tone. I GET TO WRITE A GAME AT WORK AND I COULDN’T BE MORE EXCITED! :D)

General Frankenstein/Car Race CoG Ideas –

• Classic monsters (‘you’ play Frankenstein’s monster) have a car race. Would be funny and goofy with Scooby Doo-like elements.
  • A post-apocalyptic world where ‘you’ drive a monster-themed Mad Max-like car.
  • ‘You’ are an engineer, and within this version of the classic horror novel, you create a sentient racecar (can go very well or very wrong a la Frankenstein.)
  • A sports-themed romp with no fantastical or sci-fi elements, just ‘you’ trying to win a race against rivals (and you might have a cool mentor or two.)
  • Like Hunger Games but with deadly races on a morbid reality tv show, and ‘you’ may be competing for money or fame rather than forced into it.
  • It’s the far distant future, and after crash-landing your spaceship on a distant planet, ‘you’ have to use what you consider old, primitive technology (a racecar and high performance gear) to fight an array of deadly man-eating plants.
  • ‘You’ are the sentient, robotic racecar.
  • As an up-and-coming racer, ‘you’ are rather surprised to find a mentor in the ghostly form of a driver who crashed decades ago.
  • Sure, ‘you’ might be a talented mechanic with innovative ideas of your own. But you’re stuck under the reigns of a pit crew chief with antiquated and often Draconian ideas of how an auto race’s pit stop should be run… (strong humor and light sci-fi elements)

0 voters

11 Likes

Honestly, the fact that your boss is letting you do this is amazing! As a transformers fan I went with the sentenit (I can’t spell sorry) race car option! Good luck with your writing!

3 Likes

At one time, I wanted to do a call-back to common racing games wherein you are given weapons and a car and can use any tactic to win. I think something about your “death” or being hit by the weapons would be your memories passed over to a newly-made body, but I can’t remember. Too long ago, now. I really like a TON if these ideas. I’d be up for reading most if not all of them.

2 Likes

Hooooh. Death Race, Mad Max, Speed Racer combined into one?

1 Like

Don’t know most of these. I’m thinking more… Jak X. Or taking Mario Kart to its logical extreme.

1 Like

Nah, all three aren’t that much different from Jak X. Except Speed Racer which is more Mario Kart-ey :thinking:

2 Likes

I wanna play a car!

3 Likes

For my game, Of Dungeons and Dragons, you the MC play as a monster who has to hide their identity so they don’t die and build trust with your team so they don’t kill you whether you tell the truth or they discover.
The monster races are Incubus/Succubus, Githyanki/Githzerai, Drider, and Kobold. I had in mind what the races themselves present themselves along with their skills. Thus I thought of different personality types the races have. However, I wanted to know what others thought and want in a game when it comes towards personality.
For example, the MC’s Drider would be shy, or stoic, or cautious, due to their clan or fellow driders’ don’t like to be with other driders and prefer to go solo in life. In this scenario, would you be fine and have fun playing with this MC, or would you like to be able to develop their personality along their adventure, or would you rather create your own personality?
I’m all ears to your responses, experiences, and wishes, if you would like to know more or you feel something is missing, please let me know, every little bit goes a long way.

18 Likes

for me i will really like to develop my characters personality along the adventures we go on

6 Likes

It could be nice if the race you chose only affected your base stats, and then you can change them over the game. So the Drider might start out 80% shy and the incubus 20% shy, but both could change over the course of the game.

3 Likes

Hey, I just wanted to do an interest check on a game topic before I commit to it. How would you guys feel about a castaway type game? As far as I can tell, nobody is actively developing one of these and no one who ever tried actually finished it. The angle I’ve worked out is you and three friends are stuck and eventually you’ll have a few different escape options and some ways to actually die and lose the game (maybe). But the overarching plot is whether you care more about staying close to your friends or studying abroad for years and leave your friends and life behind. I haven’t worked out if you’d get to choose at the end or an overarching “friendship” variable will decide your outcome for you (which I think would be more compelling honestly).

So what do you think? Would you play it? (give the post a like if you would, just so it’s easier)

9 Likes