Interest Check Thread

Alright, I read through the description: YES, this would be a delight.

I don’t really mind if there are 9 or 5 casts, I think it would depend if you want to have 9. I mean, holy shitballs those are a lot of things to write. Anyway, follow your heart or something.

Honestly, I’d say that letting the player customise their MC, and then letting the story show that the two are distinct would be far more of an interesting twist than having a protagonist that the player knows from the word go isn’t supposed to be themself. :thinking:

I would certainly say that there’s no real reason to make gender customisable, but not names (unless the names are really significant). It would make more sense to keep other stuff (like basic personality) set, especially if the player doesn’t start playing until the electrical accident.

This could get kinda difficult, yeah… :sweat_smile: I guess you could write most scenes on the assumption that there’s only one other person there (who’ll be the surviving character with the highest relationship stat), and have any others just add random comments here and there… :sweat_smile:

I didn’t vote for this one, because I’d say it should be up to you to balance what you want to say with how difficult it would be to say it. (Although, now I can’t see what other people have voted… :sweat_smile: EDIT: was too curious, and voted anyway; feel free to ignore my vote for this one.)

I definitely prefer “too easy” over “almost impossible”… :sweat_smile:

HA. I can still roleplay as myself :rofl:

That said, I think it’d be better to allow players to choose their own names. I do like @ParrotWatcher’s suggestion too!

There’s something I want to clarify as I’m quite confused:

• Who is Cheryl? Was she still ‘Cheryl’ before the electric overload?
  • Who or what exactly are we, the players? Are we human or something else entirely? How are we related to Cheryl? How did we get to ‘lead life’ as Cheryl if we aren’t Cheryl?
    I almost had an identity crisis typing this

Sorry if I’m asking too many questions! Your idea sounds really interesting and I just wanna make sure I don’t misunderstand it :slight_smile:

No worries! It helps me flesh it out and explain it to an audience, so it’s valuable feedback.

Narratively, she is the protagonist. She is the same person before and after the electric overload, but because foreign electrical currents were introduced to her nervous system, her memories are altered and eventually erased unless she can remember what they are, thereby recreating the original electric currents. (Like I said, psuedo-science…)

This is up to interpretation, and there’s really no right answer. My interpretation is this: the player is essentially an “entity” that, prior to Cheryl getting electrocuted, serves as her conscious, allowing her to make decisions. After getting shocked, Cheryl is aware of the conscious, and the conscious is aware of her, but they can only communication to each other as one being. Grammatically, this will appear as if she and the entity are talking about themselves when they’re really talking about the other person. (“I am me” instead of “I am you”).

Hi everyone! I’m currently working on the demo for my game and I was wondering if any of you were interested in seeing it at its completion. (I also already posted this on the Interest Check thread, I just wanted to post this here so I can have it all in one place.)

It’s called Path of Fire.

Summary:

You were young when it happened. Too young to think that it was anything besides the festivities of Winterwane. However that all changed when the screaming started. You remember the cataclysmic fire spreading towards you; reaching out with its fiery grasp. You can still remember the warmth of it on your face. The way it seemingly caressed you, as a mother would her child. Its cruel intention hidden beneath its warm embrace.

You didn’t even notice when it licked your palm, until the icy cold air swept passed your still open hand as you were being taken away from the carnage towards your parents.

Your parents who were normally so strong were shaking in fear. Their eyes shining brightly below the moonlit sky. You still remember the desperation in which they took you in their arms. You remember their voices whispering into your ear.

You remember being yanked from their arms. You remember the screams unending in the wintery storm. You remember, as you were taken to safety, how odd it was to see so much red in a world so white.

You remember, every day, the moment when you lost everything.

You would never forget; for as long as you shall live you will aspire to take revenge on the ones that massacred your people.

Afterall… when you poke the dragon expect to be burned.

Overall Summary

The MC was a child when their people were killed by the Empire. They only survived because they were quickly rushed out of the village and into the safety of the mountains surrounding them.

You will take on the role of child MC who has to decide on who they want to become. Do they want to let their peoples deaths control them? Or do they want to try to find a common middle ground? The choice, of course, is yours to make! As the MC grows older dand learns more about their heritage, their powers will coalesce into their true persona (the person you want them to become).

You can play as female, male or non-binary

I also want to note that this game will NOT be stat based. I’m more for the story aspect of this novel. Though stats will play a part in deciding key factors, it is not a key point.

Romance Options

There will be a total of 7 ROs (though I may add a few more), if you would like to know more about each one feel free to contact me (besides, of course, the information given below).

Loreena- The Knight Captain of the Imperial Army. She is a very loyal and duty bound woman; never once straying from her path. Until she meets the MC of course. She is tall at 6’0", with shoulder length black hair and impassive hazel eyes. Loreena is not one that most would want to trifle with. (Unless your MC is a jokester that is.)

Robin/Robyn- R is my take on Robin Hood with a little twist. R is a very mischievous yet loyal person. Who takes loyalty very seriously amongst their men. Especially since their men know R’s secret. A secret that R may very well tell the MC if they trust you enough.

Robin is tall at 6’6" with broad shoulders and a chiseled jaw. His golden brown hair is of medium length and kept in a pony tail to stay out of his eyes. His golden brown eyes sparkle with mirth but a darker entity resides behind his easy smile.

Robyn is fairly tall at 5’10" with a more lithe build to her. Her golden brown hair falls to her shoulder blades and is kept in a loose braid. Her golden brown eyes are quick to show their emotions but whether or not they’re truly what she feels? Well that’s for you to find out.

Edmund- Edmund is R’s second in command and the one that keeps everything in order. He is a very guarded individual, only letting the ones he cares for passed his iron walls. Unlike R, Edmund is not one to trust someone right off the bat. He believes that you earn respect/trust, and whether or not you achieve it? Well let’s hope you do.

Edmund is 6’2" with broad shoulders and a bulky build. His brown hair is kept short and his dark green eyes are well guarded. His mouth is always pressed into a line; as if he believes that if he smiles it would be the end of the world. (Which to be fair it might be.) He is very close with R and his gang but to outsiders… you would have better luck with a grizzly bear, but once he trusts you. It’s hard to get rid of him (not that you would want to).

Esmé- Esmé is the leader of the Merchants Guild. She is a very crafty and charming individual. Though that doesn’t make her any less forthcoming than the next person. Esmé is a woman who, while she can be very polite and passive, is also very blunt. Most of the time she doesn’t see social cues unless it’s something that she is familiar with. Which ends up making for interesting conversations in the long run.

She is 5’7" with long, wavy brown hair and warm caramel colored eyes. She is a very open and honest person but she does (like all the ROs) have her dark side. Her full lips are usually pulled up into a smile, that will soon have everyone (yes even you Edmund) smiling.

Ayleth- Ayleth is the village mage. She is a very snarky and sarcastic person. Who uses her words to deflect people’s attention. (Mages aren’t the most popular people in small villages.) Though once you get passed her steely exterior, you’ll find a heart of gold waiting to be cherished.

Ayleth is 5’5" with long red hair with sparkling brown eyes. She is always smiling or laughing in front of people, but once the attention is off of her you can see her smile fall just slightly.

Caspian- He is the Imperial Spymaster. He was tasked to locate and identify the MC to bring them back to the capital for execution. Of course, not everything went to plan. Caspian is a very vain and arrogant individual, as well as being very secretive. However, as with most secrets, you can’t take them at face value.

He is 6’4" with medium length silvery white hair with pale blue eyes. His mouth is usually pulled up into his signature smirk and his eyes are icy without emotion. Though at some moments you can see a glimmer of something there that wasn’t there before.

Cedric- Cedric is the youngest out of all the ROs. Though he has also known the MC the longest, which is something he likes to brag about. He is the son of the village chief and is a hopeful knight. Cedric is a very bashful person but in certain situations his bashfulness can be replaced by bravado. (Something that some players might love to see.)

Cedric is 6’3" with blonde hair and sparkling green eyes. He is muscular, but not as bulky as Edmund is. His tan skin is an easy way to see if he is embarrassed or not; i.e. his blush.

If you have any more questions feel free to message me on my tumblr, here

Looks like a good game!

Looks really cool! And if it isn’t too spoilery, could you tell me how dragons relate to this story? Just curious!

Thank you! That means the world to me.

I like it

No, it’s not too spoilery and I’m more than happy to tell you. The MC isn’t human they’re a weredragon (I’m still narrowing down the species name that I will be using in the book.)

I hope that helps and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thank you so much!

That sounds really cool! I’ll be looking forward to your demo! :slight_smile:

@Eleana you could use the Skyrim name Dragonborn or maybe Draconian for the MC species name (I wanted to now can the Mc actually turn into a giant dragon if able)
I’m just excited it sounds brilliant with a lot of potential

Thank you for the name ideas I think they’re really good (I’ll put them on my list.)

And, yes, the MC can turn into a dragon. However they need the training and practice to be able to do so. The dragon aspect of themselves is apart of them, but because they’ve been disconnected to it for so long they need to figure out how to coincide with it once again.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

God, I already love Caspian.

Ohhh, I’m very intrigued by your idea and I hope that it’ll become a completed game in the future! I’ve always had a soft spot for supernatural MCs and dragons. And the fact that both of those elements are apart of the story has definitely caught my interest. Bookmarked & saved!

:slight_smile:, I’m so glad you like Caspian. I’m certain, given time, he will love you too.

I have always had a soft spot for anything supernatural (and of course dragons because they’re dragons), and this idea came to me and wouldn’t leave me alone. So I’m really glad that you like it as well. I hope you won’t be dissatisfied when I release the demo.

I hope you have a splendid day!

I have no idea if anyone will care but I have finally figured out how to implement the customization for the MCs dragon persona. Hopefully you all enjoy the way I did it when the time comes.

There will be a total of 7 scale colors, all meaning different things. (I wonder what you all will get.)

I just wanted to share this with you all and I hope you have a nice day. :slight_smile:

I absolutely L O V E character customization! And the fact that we get to customize our dragon-self makes me even happier

Oh, so scale color is determined by personality stats?

Thank you so much! By the way, are questions about the ROs allowed on your blog?

:smiley:, thank you so much for your kind words. I also love character customization and I’m trying to make it as natural as I possibly can. I don’t want it to seem like I’m forcing it on people.

Yes, dragon scales are based off of personality stats, as well as a smattering of other variables. However, you will be able to choose your wing type, horns, etc. (I’ll try to make it interesting.)

Yes, I do allow questions about the ROs on the blog. I’ll share however much I can without spoiling the story.

Thank you for your wonderful responses. I appreciate them immensely. :slight_smile:

If you see someone spamming you with questions about Caspian please dont block them because it’s probably me.