Interest Check Thread

Okay, to add to the little tidbit of the dictionary. I’m wondering if it would be better to have a dictionary that just has all the keywords you’ll come across or make it so that whenever you come across a phrase the definition is unlocked. The third option would have some basic definitions with others unlocked. Hmm.

• Have a Regular Index
  • An Empty Index that fills up over time
  • Basic Phrases + Unlock more as the story plays out
0 voters

I had a bit of extra time so I figured I’d work on more of these choice variations while I got them playing in my mind.

Here’s the Crimson vs Vermilion fight, but dealt if you called Indigo for assistance!

The Start of the Fight

A fierce snarl is torn from Vermilion as in seconds he’s pinning Crimson against the pale brick wall, cracks scattering from the sheer force. Yet, the blond does nothing, but grin widely. His vivid red lips are a bloody smile fueling the rage building inside his lupine comrade.

“I am no child of Lycaon! You shall not name me as such!”
“Oh, I’m sure the humans would think otherwise.”

Another snarl, one that rumbles deeply like rolling thunder in a passing storm. Those apricot irises were heated, molten lava from the sheer fury boiling. The Dampener whirls, all three layers of the black metal collar already charging itself in preparation. As if waiting for Vermilion to act beyond his orders.

“I am no such thing,” Vermilion leans closer. Teeth extending to fangs overpeering lips. "Just as you are no vampire, Defiler!"

A rich, dry, chuckle fills the room’s silence beyond the rumbling growls.

Crimson’s smile widens eerily.

Those white beacons of light flared once as the madness begins to set in.

“My, name calling now? Might as well take me to bed,” the purring blond only enrages the lupine further.

Crimson vs Vermilion, Indigo Assist

With a mocking grin, Crimson allows the distance between them to shorten. Just enough to kick his feet hard against Vermilion’s broad muscular chest. Knocking him back into a stumble, the blond effortlessly sweeps upward into a flip, landing against the wall on all fours. He is poised like a jaguar ready to pounce.

The delicate pale fingers belonging to the vampire were lengthening into a bloody red dipping heavily to pitch black as they shape themselves into claws. In turn, Vermilion’s thick long mane of hair bristles as his face stretches to transform.

The sight and sound of their bodies beginning to morph are activating their Dampeners. The three layers of the black metal collars are whirling wildly. Bits of electricity can be seen sparking as runic writing glows.

Your eyes fluttered closed under long eyelashes. You take a deep breath then exhale slowly, and easily, as you recall your training. In your mind’s eye, time stops. The room narrows until it’s just you and the one that is bound to your word.

A sweet aroma fills your senses with a flood of warm, temptatious, emotions. The sultry chuckle of an amused devil is a sensual caress to your ears. Then a surge of lust, power, and wisdom beyond your years encompasses you like a long-lost lover.

You call forth the archdevil of temptation itself.

[Indigo.]

Your tone is calm, even, as the pressure around you shifts.

Indigo flexes and stretches his limbs as the Dampener whirls clockwise. A growing grin of amusement on his face as each whirl of the middle ring brings forth the acknowledgment of the fun he’ll soon have. The whirling stops at four specific runes before the collar widens and with a hefty breath of air and the smooth exhale through the flare of nostrils, Indigo felt free.

His powers returned, slowly, yet it was enough to feel whole again. Enough to be a temptation to the archdevil of temptations, himself, to run amok. However, all thoughts of gaining true freedom halts at the arrival of your command.

[Separate them.]

“Fucking - finally,” is the smooth, chuckling, response whispering in the back of your mind. The sound alone brings an instinctive shiver down your spine.

Indigo sits himself in mid-air, cross-legged and lazily leaning back with his head propped on his hand. He’s held up by the strong thick spaded tail. His amused grin never faltered at the sight of Crimson and Vermilion rushing toward one another as time resumes.

“Rosa, come out to play~” A hand raised, then a snap of the lavender devil’s fingers triggers the thriving shift of movement as the tattoos on his form come alive. Jets of ink pours from his skin as it writhes and morphs into emerald tendrils covered in thorns and blooming swirls of roses. Rows of teeth and a long lash of the tongue are revealed within each rose.

In seconds the tendrils launch forth!

Zooming passed you as they work quickly to ensnare the two before they’ve collided into a brawl. Vermilion flails in his bindings, his entire body struggling as the tendrils only tighten further.

“Just relax, Spottacus. The more you struggle, the more - well,” Indigo’s grin widens to the point you’re already rolling your eyes. It doesn’t take long to get the archdevil in a mood.

Crimson is fairing much better despite being held upside down.

“You know, Indy. If you wanted me tied up so bad, all you had to do was ask.” Crimson cackles softly at the choked scoff Vermilion made.

“At least they are no longer fighting?” Azure gives you a comforting smile. You can count on him on behaving - sorta.

Handler questioning C's Need to Fight with V

Handler: “Why do you always antagonize him,” you questioned. An on-coming headache nears the minute Crimson gives you a faux expression of “What? Me? Never.” Looking absolutely dramatic.

Handler: “Seriously.”

Crimson: He stares at you for a few seconds. Those eerie white lights gaze over you as if pondering whether he should spin another web of lies or be truthful. It was a second later that you begin to wonder if you should give up, but then - it happen. Crimson’s gaze flickered over to the sight of the scarred warrior currently snarling at the toaster to release his meal. As if the said machine was an enemy to face on the battlefield.

Handler: Tilting your head, your eyes take in the softening of those ever mischievously white lights into something akin to affection. The twitching corners of the bloody red lips were as if the vampire was preventing himself from enjoying the scene.

Handler: Your mouth opens to speak, but Crimson spoke first.

Crimson: “I just like them dumb, perhaps.” He gives a nonchalant shrug, already looking down at his nails and beginning to clean them.

You figured that was as much of an answer as you’re going to get.

A bit of an update: I’m trying to write variations while adding stats checks for different responses during conversations and storyline. It’s been interesting trying to figure that one of out. I think I’ll hafta make a test scene to do all the debugging for all these concept ideas. I’m also working on getting an intro for the inmates.

BTW, anyone know what’s an ideal word count for releasing a demo? I’m trying to set a goal. :thinking:

Oct 4, 3:27AM, Edit: I just spent God only knows how long on making a quick character customization sequence. I mean it works! But, somehow, I’ve screwed the “Begin” portion of the main line so I gotta go fix that. LMAO! It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t screw up somewhere else. Jeez!

I also wrote a mini scene that’ll lead to variations in how much of a relationship you’ve gotten with certain characters and what stats you have thus far! I’ve been using it for testing so there’s that. I’m hoping to see if I can get more writing done this week so that I can set up an itty-bitty demo. I’m nowhere near my original goal, but I think having more feedback would at least clear some of the indecisions I’m having in areas. This is why the demo date will be sooner than later.

3 Likes

Both the concept of the story itself and this particular mechanic sound very interesting, I can’t wait to see what you do with them.

2 Likes

Right now, I’ve got a test scene that’ll be accessible once the Handler customization area is finished. I’ve also added a description on the stat page and main stats unlockable once the custom character design is confirmed. The test scene will be one of the variations of the Handler taking a break and speaking with Vermilion. Depending on the relationship stats with him, it’ll change. It’ll also change when one of your stats meets a specific requirement. In this case, it’s the Body (BOD) stat that changes a part of the scene.

If I can get more of these test scenes done then I’ll make a thread with a link for it. I’m hoping to do that soon! Kinda excited!

Also in the demo, there won’t be any “sexy times” just conversations and getting to know these characters. There won’t be many spoilers. I’ll try and keep it as neutral as possible in case folks don’t wanna be spoiled through the test scenes. I’ll also be working on inmate intros and other shenanigans.

I don’t think I’ll have time to draw tonight. I was trying to set aside time to see if I could render the boys a little more.

I’ve added some ridiculous pairing names based on flavors and drinks while also including the test scene and blurred the variations. Whether or not this will be added to the main game isn’t completely decided yet.

Flavoured Pairing Names that amuses me

Cherry Slushie = Crimson x Azure
Pina Colada = Indigo x Azure
Bittersweet = Vermilion x Azure

Sweet & Spicy = Azure x Indigo
Rose Wine = Crimson x Indigo
Hot & Spicy = Vermilion x Indigo

Peach Fuzz = Azure x Vermilion
Blood Orange = Crimson x Vermilion
Tequila Sunrise = Indigo x Vermilion

Test Scene

Considering the day’s affairs and the mountain of paperwork that’ll be on your desk by tomorrow, you thought it’d be best to have a stretch–take a break. While the Inmate Dormitory belonging to your unit wasn’t anything grand, it was far better than it ever was in the beginning.

Something you find pride in.

A quick trip down the top floor of the dorm, away from your office–and to keep your sanity-- leads you towards the indoor patio. While the inmates in your care could not leave the dorm itself without sealed approval, they could at the very least enjoy the breathing room past the double-glassed-door exit of the living room. Yes, sure, the indoor patio is just a little circular area, essentially surrounded by magically reinforced windows, framed by faery iron railings with two basic cushioned chairs and a small table, but it belonged to the boys.

And they’re happy.

More importantly, you’re happy that they are just that–happy.

You leaned against the pale rosy metal railings, parts of it worn from the lack of care over the centuries. A sigh escapes your lips as you stare out towards the horizon. Watching the way that the sunset seems to calm your busy mind. How the red-orange hues mingle with yellows, and softer shades of blues is a lovely sight to behold.

“Are all things well, Handler?”

*if (body < 25)
The deep, growly, baritone belonging to Vermilion made you jump. Your wide-eyed stare at him has him glancing at you apologetically. Sometimes it’s hard forgetting the basic human instinct to bolt despite all you’ve known about him.

*if (body = 25)
You’ve gotten used to the deep, growly, baritone belonging to Vermilion. While it still sings with an ancient power that causes your basic human instincts to scream at you. You’ve been around him long enough that the sound is comforting and secure.

*if (vermilion >= 15)
You’ve gotten used to the deep, growly, baritone belonging to Vermilion. You’ve been around him long enough that the sound is a comforting presence. It brings a welcoming shiver down your spine as you watch him near. A wave of arousal is quickly swallowed down.

He leans against the railing, a hand threading back his dark brunet hair as his eyes peer over the view of the city.

*if (vermilion >= 15)
The lupine warrior relaxes as he feels your gaze on him. His intimidating features soften, and the fiery apricot eyes are nothing more but serene sweetened gems than the molten lava of emotions they normally are. You can’t help but smile at what your presence means to him.

Update (Oct 4, 11PM): I’ve added variations of this same scene but with Azure finding you instead of Vermilion. I think I will also make more variations to add and just do a whole scene list ya’ll can switch around in. Def adding Crimson and Indigo too! Can’t forget the Dastardly Duo! xD

I made a fancy-smancy chapter title and main title in Krita so there’s that. LMAO!

8 Likes

Kind of like this manga, then. Or also “Mob in dating sims.”

also

Reaaally ,lookin’ forward to this. I love isekai but villainess like this, most of them are for female audience though, the premise like yours and two manga above are quite rare.

7 Likes

Poll HERE for the choice of which book cover is better. This is for My Beginning & My End. Wip. Votes appreciated.

2 Likes

A lot of thanks to @will for the suggestion.

Alright, here goes.

I’m working an IF titled Offshoots

In it, you have a rather young MC, who does grow grow a little bit over the course of the story. The title comes from the main innovation behind the story. Normally when you make a decision, it’s about the outcome, but there are also Offshoots, side effects that will pop up all over the cause of the story. This way I’m trying to make every decision as important as possible.

I’ll have a demo available pretty soon.

What do you think?

• I like the title and the concept
  • I don’t like the title, but the concept
  • Love the title, not the concept
  • I don’t like the title nor the concept

0 voters

4 Likes

So, I want to write a werewolf IF.
I know it’s been used time and time again, but I realy want to explore the life in a pack and especially the different roles the wolves are born in.

Summary

You’ll play as a packless werewolf, imprisoned and kept as pet for years by the clan of supernaturals that rule over the city. One day, a pack arrives at the liar and as soon as they see you they know your only option is to take you with them.

Features:

• play as an alpha, a gamma or an omega wolf
  • bond with your new pack and with your new pups
  • defend your pack from the evil supernaturals that lure in the city

Romance

There are five ROs, one gender selectable, two females, one male and one non-binary. Every route will be slow burn since the aim of the game is for your MC to slowly bond with the pack.

34 Likes

Omg! I absolutely love that idea! Are there any chances of becoming the leader of the pack or making your own? How far is this going to dive into the lifestyles of being one with pack? If this is going to be a slow-burn, what can we expect the epilogue to be like? If there is one?

4 Likes

Basically, your role as a werewolf (alpha, beta…) is one werewolves are born in and that also shapes their behavour. When they are integrated into a pack, they will do so as their role.

All of this to say that while there already is an alpha in the pack that found you, an alpha MC will assume the role of another alpha for the pack (and it’s not that unusual for packs to have two or even three alphas at a time).

Exploring the life in the pack is pretty much the focus so you’ll definitely get to experience your packmates’ everyday routine while finding your own place in it.

The story has a let’s say calmer rythm. There are at least two points of high tension but they are spaced between more relaxed chapters. In terms of plot, once all conflicts are resolved you’ll get to see how the pack evolved since the start in the epilogue. In terms of romance, you’ll get to experience being in an actual relationship with the ROs for a bit before the epilogue.

8 Likes

It almost sounds like a slice of life story, except with werewolves. Which I’m definitely here for! Slice of life romance set in a different world is something I definitely want more of

5 Likes

I really like the concept, if you’re on the fence about the title and are spitballing ideas may I suggest ‘My butterfly effect’ if no one else has tried to use it for a title?

Also @lighter_night Love it and there can never be too many werewolf stories especially about the intricacies of pack life.

Can’t wait to see these as wips!

3 Likes

I love your take on the werewolf story. A lot of previous story go, “I find out I am a werewolf, I fight my wolf nature (or, I save my pack from “X” threat),we all live happily ever after”. I think it would be fascinating to delve into the day to day dynamics of pack life a bit more and I wish you the best should you choose to pursue this project. I will be looking forward to this. Just a quick question, regarding the setting. Are you going to place the pack in a more urban setting, which would result in more dynamic moments, or a more suburban/rural setting, which might allow more development of more of a normal pack dynamic? Thanks.

2 Likes

Update (Oct 7, 10PM): I’ve worked on adding more variations to the test scenes. So far, Azure is nearly done and Vermilion’s scenes are getting re-structured. I’ve also managed to work on the hidden achievements because I couldn’t figure out how the hell that was done for the longest time! I dug through the forum a bit, but I found a solution. Or, rather, I hope I did. LMAO!

I do need to fix a couple of things with the stat variation. This probably means I’ll be lessening how many points you get via character creation. Ahh, things got a bit wacky during interactions. I think if I lessen the points earned, it’ll make things more balanced. I’ll… I’ll figure it out.

I’m hoping that once I get all four men done and their variant scenes I’ll send out a demo for it. That way you guys can check out the little scenes while I work on Chapter 1 some more.

Romance Variation Example with Azure

Those gorgeous cerulean gems were glistening as the concern increased on his face. The pout turns into a small frown as he nears you. A hand reaches out to touch you, but it retracts. As if he’s afraid to harm you. You wonder how long it’ll be before he’s comfortable initiating touch.

Romance Variation Example with Vermilion

The glistening pair of apricot instantly hardens into the fiery irises you’re accustomed to seeing when Vermilion’s rage boils within him. The sight brings a rush of emotions you can barely decipher. This wasn’t a rage towards you, but a rage to all those that wish to cause you harm.

Side Note: I got distracted doing this:

He’s a bit more rendered. xD

Character Drabble, Chapter Plotting

Orders are Orders

Nexus Headquarters (NexHQ), West Wing - Control Sector.

Handler: “You can’t be serious!” It took nearly all you had from snarling the words out your mouth, but your eyes - there might as well had been a raging fire within them.

Overseer: “Oh, I can ensure you, Handler.” He says without bothering to meet your eyes. The slight scraping sound of the pen against paper can be heard as Overseer Kinsley works through one document to the next. “The council is serious.” Kinsley’s tone is straight, and to the point.

Handler: “How the hell do they expect my men to fight Wildlings if 90% of their powers had been sealed off?!” This time your tone is raised as the anger inside is building. “We’re supposed to rehabilitate these men, not use them as cannon fodder!”

Overseer: A pair of pale icy blues met the glaring heat you’re tossing his way. “Handler ${surname}!” Kinsley’s voice is a sharp knife cutting through your thoughts. A wince is felt through you as the pressure in the air rapidly intensifies within the office.

“May I remind you that it is your job to rehabilitate them, not the council’s.” Another wince, another moment of intensifying power before it all dissipate as soon it was conjured.

You watch as the Overseer breathes in a long breath of air before exhaling. When his eyes met yours, you swear they had softened a slight.

“Besides, whether they live or not - wouldn’t matter. If you fail to rehabilitate them, they will be decommissioned. If they die in battle, at least they’ll die with their dignity.”

Handler: Scoffs.

11 Likes

This is true of every piece of interactive fiction. You havent actually told us what the concept of the story is aside from one where we make decisions and there are consequences. That could just as easily describe Creme de la Creme, a high society private school slice of life, Choice of Rebels, where you organise a rebellion in a fantasy world, or Night Road, where you deliver UPS packages and also feast upon the flesh of the unworthy.

4 Likes

@lighter_night Will you have a situation like Teen Wolf with True Alpha’s (an alpha who can become one through force of will) or demon wolves?

2 Likes

@swilson50125 I already have something written so I’m confident I can publish the prologue relatively soon.

The setting is a bit of both. MC was taken captive in the city, but the pack has a house a bit outside of it in the countryside, with fruit trees they feed from and sell what’s left. This will also allow the werewolves to shift more frequently in the open without all the issues of living in the city.

@Ghoslestat I am not very familiar with the series so I had to look it up, but from what I understood it should be a bit different. Here, one is born alpha and cannot become one. Also, werewolves do retain their consciousness when they shift and they can shift whenever they want without pain (like, I believe, a demon wolf). Full moon only forces werewolves to shift and to howl at the moon, leaving them a bit disoriented the day after.

2 Likes

Admittedly I’m making this game regardless, and chapter one is already outlined and in progress, as well as I already have a tumblr for the game development (and this information is mostly copy-pasted from the info posts on there). But chapter one seems to have reached a size where I think it would be appropriate to put it up on the forum, so I’d like to see what the interest for my idea might be. So!

The Book of Broken Candles

Several months ago, something inside you snapped. You shouldn’t have opened that book and devoured its precious information the way you did. But you’d do it again and again. You learned things you- no, no human should know. It was power. It was curse. And it liberated you. But the sentence for your crime was death.

Luckily, Dearest Mother had one final string to pull for her wretched precious child.

And that’s how you arrived to the city of Vodon in handcuffs.

The Book of Broken Candles is an eldritch horror slice-of-life romance game set in a fictional 1920s following MC’s exile to the former prison city Vodon as punishment for their pursuit of Forbidden Knowledge. With multiple storylines to find based on your choices, one of three jobs to work, one (or two) of five romances to pursue, do your best to cope with your fraying mind and lingering hunger for that which you shouldn’t know!

…So, if anyone here knows one of my old, cancelled works here on this forum, a couple of the following details might be familiar. Just wanted to note that. I’m reusing one of the characters from that work in this work, but not only that, I’ve expanded and am reusing the original species he belonged to, the Vulks. That’s right, this is an All-Vulk cast! Don’t worry, I’ve also included the necessary information on this species below.

The Vulks

The Vulks (or the Vulkillian People) are an underpopulated species descended from a race of cannibalistic, unholy wolves.

For their crimes against the world, the wolves were Damned by the God of Death to all seven Hells.

As the wolves evolved into humanoid beings near indistinguishable from humans and adopted the name Vulk, they split off into three clans who bear traits both gifted and cursed from their respective Hells and markings to denote their existence as Damned.

Culturally, Vulks do not go by forenames and surnames like most of the world, but they do have two names: Their common name, the one they will be referred by most, and their family name. This is a name used by individuals who are very close to the Vulk as to be considered, in some way, family.

Clan #1: Dolumni

The Clan of Invention.

Damned by the Hells of Superbia and Invidia. Pride and Envy. Their colors are blue and orange.

The most populated clan, as the clan most welcome in society. They are the scholars and inventors of their kind. Very intelligent, as gifted by Superbia, yet secretly suffering from crippling self-esteem issues, as cursed by Invidia.

Their physical traits include brown skin, orange hair, and blue eyes. Their markings can be orange and/or blue.

Clan #2: Vesani

The Clan of Insanity.

Damned by the Hells of Gula and Ira. Gluttony and Wrath. Their colors are black and red.

An endangered clan, as so few exist to this day. They are reclusive by choice, but the most shunned of any of the clans. Gifted with immense strength and Black Flame magic by Ira, they are also cursed by Gula to never taste anything that isn’t sickeningly sweet or painfully spicy. Inexplicably, and the so-called signature trait of the Vesani, they also suffer from mental health issues, ranging from mild depression to severe catatonia. They frequently experience hallucinations of many kinds and dissociation.

Their physical traits include pale skin, black hair, red eyes, and black nails. Their markings can be black and/or red.

Clan #3: Canii

The Clan of Luck.

Damned by the Hells of Luxuria, Acedia, and Avaritia. Lust, Sloth, and Greed. Their colors are purple, gray, and maroon.

The most unusual clan, as their traits are not set one way the way the other two are. They are gifted by the Hell of Avaritia with abstract luck, but cursed in different ways by Luxuria and Acedia. Physically and emotionally, they can suffer from either feeling too much or not feeling enough. They also suffer from either chronic fatigue or insomnia. A strange coin toss for their fate.

Their physical traits include any skin tone, and hair and eye colors from any of their clan’s colors. Their markings can be purple, gray, and/or maroon.

The ROs

Day:

Family name: Daiya.

He/Him. Vesani. A stoic, generally unfriendly man with the misfortune of being responsible for MC now. Due to an incident with his brother, he was sentenced to prison, but managed to negotiate rehabilitation by way of working for the City Guard; the likely source of his grumpiness. He has two dogs, Skoll and Hati.

He is 6’5 with a somewhat lean and toned body. Short black hair. Red eyes. Pale skin. Black nails. His markings consist of two slashes one after the other on his cheeks below each eye, one black and the other red.

Night:

Family name: Novah.

He/Him. Vesani? A maskingly bright, friendly, and rather bawdy man. Not much is known about him, except he does tend to inexplicably be around at opportune times. Also frequently seen with Day. No relation, however.

He is 6’5 with a fit body and toned arms from archery. Short, white hair. Blue eyes. Pale skin. Blue nails. His markings consist of two slashes one after the other on his cheeks below each eye, one black and the other blue.

Bat:

Family name: Baiyan.

He/Him. Canii. An easygoing, gentle, albeit slightly withdrawn man. A former courtesan, he now lives off of his savings as well as being a part-time waiter at a bar in the low end of town. Prone to insomnia and difficulty feeling anything emotionally, but has a hyper sensitive body.

He is tall with a strong body and several vulgar tattoos. Medium-length, maroon hair. One gray eye with a dark undereye circle, the other covered by a chained eyepatch. Tan skin. His markings consist of something jagged and purple beneath his eyepatch, and a gray circle right below each ear, with a slash following the border beneath his jaw.

Myra:

Family name: Mirin.

She/Her. Canii. A low energy, blunt woman with poor social awareness, although she tries to be nice. At night, she’s a gambler and an underground fighter. During the day, she works as Dominya’s assistant. Struggles to feel anything, physically, and is frequently sleepy.

She is somewhat short with a toned body. Long, grey hair (usually in a bun.) Purple eyes. Pale skin. Her markings consist of random dots like constellations under her eyes, and shapes like sickles with round handles on either shoulder.

Dominya:

Family name: ?

She/Her. Dolumni. A very kind and empathic woman. Living up to her clan’s reputation as inventors, she founded Delphi ThinkTank, a business responsible for many of Vodon’s recent modern advances. Estranged from her family, she works hard to support herself and bring her ideas to life.

She is very tall with a slender body. Shoulder-length, orange hair. Blue eye. Brown skin. Her markings consist of none on her face, but sweeping markings over her shoulders where they split, across her collarbone and up the sides of her neck.

The Jobs

As MC is living in a new city and will need to start making rent, they need a job. Players will have a choice between three positions their mother worked out for them:

1. The City Guard. Much like Day, you can escape you punishment via the City Guard’s “rehabilitation program.” However, due to the severity of your charges, you won’t be an official officer and won’t be asked of much as you shadow Day for the year. It’s more of a very long, very strict probationary period. But it’s the prime position to team up with Night to annoy Day.
  2. Dominya’s assistant. The city’s most famous genius could use all the help she can get. Especially because half of that help is Myra. And who knows, maybe you have some… suggestions for Dominya, based in your, shall we say, previous studies?
  3. The local Death House, aka the mortuary, working for Mx. and Mr. Paint and Noel Scosa. Don’t get ahead of yourself, you won’t be doing any autopsies or embalmings. Mostly Noel, as the funeral director, will be needing your assistance before his spouse, the mortician known as Paint, starts asking more and more for your help with the bodies. Unlike the other two, it’s not a job that’ll net you more interactions with the ROs, but it may just allow you to open your mind further to the corners of this reality others can’t see. It’s a bit lonely, though… may make it a tad hard to cope with that new knowledge.
The Trigger Warnings

Be warned, this is a non-exhaustive list. These are only the confirmed warnings while the game is in its early stages.

Unavoidable Content
  • Explicit memories and discussions of child abuse - physical and mental
  • Themes of trauma and mental health
  • Themes of horror
  • Other characters dissociating
  • Sexual content in the form of dialogue
Technically Avoidable Content
  • Non-explicit discussions of child sexual abuse or assault (Two ROs’ backstories feature this and, if pursuing these ROs, this content in unavoidable)
  • Themes of unreality and dissociation (This might be hard to avoid, given the mechanics of the game, but not impossible)
  • Discussions of sex work (One of the ROs is a former sex worker and, if pursuing this RO, this content is unavoidable)
  • Death (might actually be unavoidable. Currently only unavoidable in the mortuary job (naturally))
  • Romance (it’s a romance slice of life game, the character and romantic interactions are basically the entire plot. However, there is one (1) storyline that hinges on pursuing no romance)
Completely Avoidable Content
  • Sexual content in the form of sex scenes (Completely optional to engage in these. I’m also thinking carefully about allowing the option for MC to be asexual and how I’d implement it)

I think that’s all my bases covered for now. I can’t promise a timeframe for when chapter one will be released, but hopefully before December. Let me know what y’all think and if you have any questions! (Feel free to direct them at the tumblr, too. Whichever you’re comfortable with.)

33 Likes

I think it sounds great! I’m definitely going to follow it once you get a demo going. I can’t wait to romance the boys and befriend the girls

2 Likes

I started a WIP thread if anyone’s interested

WIP:Ashbourne Hall (WIP)

7 Likes

I absolutely love your suggestion. Since I’m leaning towards changing the title, I think I’ll adopt your idea.

Although I have some potential alternatives to the ‘My’ part but ‘Butterfly Effect’ is golden.

2 Likes