Interest Check Thread

@Paula I had something along those lines in mind. Ultimately, it will be up to the player if the MC will learn anything from the experience, or if they will remain a very determined brick.

One of the core characters will be the MCs RO who will start as a fully customizable NPC. You will be able to choose the standard stuff (eye color, gender, height, etc), along with silly, apparently inconsequential stuff, such as wether they squeeze the tooth paste tube from the middle or end. The RO starts off as a blank slate character, with no personality whose only purpose is to make the MC happy.

If the player wants to give the RO more agency they will slowly change their own traits (hair color, eye color, etc) and develop a personality. The final choice that the RO would make is their orientation, which will ultimately decide if they want to be with the MC romantically or just be friends.

9 Likes

I am working on an idea that’s been on my mind for a while. It’s a mixture of wanting to build an understanding of the script while having an interest in delving into the relationship part of creating a cast of main characters.

This is what has been thought of so far. I’ll have to go over notes as well because knowing me I’ll probably miss something. Apologies for that!

Side Note: I do plan on making this as an Adult Interactive Fiction. Sex will be a thing as well as darker themes like Violence, possible Gore, and Physical Abuse. However, those are more towards the past experiences and treatment that the four inmates had gone through with previous Handlers or how they were captured. So, there’s that.

With this story, I’ll be focusing more on four male inmates (although one can shapeshift into whatever gender, the player desires). There’s a possible chance for Poly-relationships with the Handler.

+ Concept +

Title: Deadend
Synopsis: Deadend Rehabilitation Center (DRC) prides itself on transforming its untamable supernatural inmates into well-behaved civilians ready to join society with bright eyes and an even brighter future. They’re known throughout the Dimensional Planes as an educational establishment with harsh rules, and harsher punishments, but a firm outlook towards the path of unification when it comes to the issues surrounding the Broken Veil and the inhabitants that thrive between the world of immortals and mortals.

What isn’t known is how far the DRC will go to keep their secret methods hidden and what happens to those who rebel and bite the hand that feeds them.

The Player

The Player will take a position as a recently hired Handler in charge of a squad unit of four supernatural beings. What the player character doesn’t know is that these beings are on their last leg. The DRC is ready to request for their “decommission” should the Handler fail at rehabilitating them.

Features

+ Main Character! Play as a Male or Female Handler as you transform these ‘unruly’ prisoners into ‘willing’ members of society. (or lose your path to corruption and gain the harem of your dreams!)

+ Sex! Sexual situations will come about but they can be softened as options will be labeled as “Detailed”, “Summarized”, or “Fade-to-Black”. There will be choices within some/most sexual situations (if you choose “Detailed”) where you can change the flow of sex.

+ Romance! This is more of a relationship-based story than it is a full-fledged fantasy dive into world-building. At the moment, I’ll be focusing on how to mess with the script and gain an understanding of how to get these stats suited properly for the story. (Because I’ve got no idea wtf I’m doing.)

At the moment, there are 4 Male Romance Options with paths open for Poly relationships with the men (with 2 of them) or (if you’re feeling curious) a harem available for all four during the corrupt route.

+ Corruption! Sometimes these dastardly devils are too tempting or the idea of being in control of these fine individuals can go to one’s head. You can either find the will to keep your soul pure or dive down the rabbit hole and find out what the Devil has to offer. Corruption leads to a change of interaction with everyone around you while also leading you to possibly fall under the mercy of your prisoners or dominate them into submissive.

+ Empathy vs Apathy! The more empathy you show towards those under your care, the closer they are to finding the good in humanity. Otherwise, a firm, uncaring, hand is the fastest way to make these men submit.

+ Romance Options +
Small little note for the world-building:
Each prisoner is assigned a new name as within the Supernatural World, names have meaning and hold power. Knowing the true name of a creature will give you power over them. These new names are generally something simplistic. A reminder of what they had lost.

Azure

Alias: Azure
True Name: ???
Species: Fae
Origin: ???
Affinity: Winter
Type: Magical Support
Description: Azure is perhaps the kindest out of the entire unit. A youthful man with long sweeping silver hair, sometimes seen moving on its own, soft cerulean blue eyes fluttering under long pale eyelashes, and a warm smile that brings wonder and joy to all those near. Skin fair like the finest snow with glittering shades of blues and whites speckled along his neck and torso with swirling lines of navy and silver decorating along the sides of his limbs and all throughout his back.

Azure stands at 5’5". Or rather floats, he much prefers being in the air than on the ground. While he may not be as tall as his fellow inmates, he is agile, toned, and can fly faster than any winged supernatural on record. He’s such a gentle spirit that it is a wonder what he’s done to lead him where he is now. Collared and shackled like the rest.
Personality: Kind, Naïve, Playful, Empathetic
Tidbit: It is said that where ever he goes, a scent of mint and fresh snow follows. Something that is quite refreshing to smell considering the usual scents of the inmate dorms are never welcoming.

Crimson

Alias: Crimson
Species: Vampire
Affinity: Autumn
Type: Offensive Support
Description: Standing tall, and ever so refined, at 6’0" is the always smiling Crimson. Beware of his blood-red smiles as they are not as kind as they seem. His happily narrowed eyes are but beacons of pure white light against the inky dark red sclera. Waves of platinum blond hair threaded into a well-kept long braid are always re-braided and fussed with. Porcelain skin is so smooth and delicate, yet the cracks of golden lines spiderwebs across his chest is an eye-catching detail to the center of his torso.

Instead of a beating heart within lies a hardened ruby gem as red as his namesake. It beats and glows to the rhythm of a heartbeat. Despite his elegant looks, he houses a powerful form that is kept hidden underneath the delicate frame he normally takes.

After all…

He rather chase and play than smash his pretty little prey to bits.
Personality: Mischievous, Sadistic, Persuasive, Obsessed
Tidbit: While Crimson is known for his sadistic cruelty, he is lesser known for his preening care over his fellow inmates. He’s always ensuring they look their best. Something Vermilion scoffs at (despite obviously enjoying) while Indigo and Azure are more than grateful for.

Indigo

Alias: Indigo
Species: Archdevil
Affinity: Spring
Type: Magical Guard
Description: Luscious curls of indigo frame the bearded jawline of the sultry lavender-skinned devil. Pale green eyes are nothing, but inviting flames to those that wander too close. Ornate rings of silver and gold decorate his spiral horns as intricate tattoos cover his muscular build. They shift and change upon the day as if they were living beings and not creatures of ink.

While he is not as tall as Crimson or Vermillion, he is still, proudly, taller than Azure at 5’8". The flexible strong spaded tail is covered in protective golden scales as it flexes and hugs around a thigh.
Personality: Sarcastic, Lazy, Observant, Caring
Tidbit: Despite being male in origin, his body can shift and change in appearance according to the preferences of those he seduces. However, a “little” essence is asked for each change. Indigo states that changing forms makes him more hungry than horny as the Dampener around his neck forces more energy used than normal.

Vermilion

Alias: Vermilion
Species: Lycan
Affinity: Summer
Type: Offensive Guard
Description: Vermilion is the tallest out of the four men. A veteran of war and chaos standing dutifully at 6’6". His tanned broad muscular frame is littered with scars with glowing runes running along the sides of his forearms, and legs, around the wrists, and at the neck under the dampening collar. Tapered ears are pointed and angled at the side rather than upwards like elves. They flicker at any sound just as the enlarged canines can be seen peering over every scowl he makes.

He has a thick dark mane of hair, long enough to reach his chest like a fur coat. However, considering he’s stuck within human form most days, the fringes covering his apricot eyes are preferably held back and out of sight within a braid. One that’s, annoyingly, done by Crimson.
Personality: Stoic, Nonchalant, Wild, Loyal
Tidbit: Despite being the grump of the squad, he does soften at the sight of Azure. Perhaps it’s the innocent air around the fae that brings forth the protective urges or the fact that they both come from a place of nature. It does help that Azure feeds him fruity treats every once in a while. So, who knows?

There are thoughts on having combat as these inmates can be and are used as frontline tactics so as not to waste “resources”. Maybe give the Player some magic shenanigans to use. Or the idea of “commanding” the unit like you’re in some Adult Monster-taming fantasy world is another idea. Possibly add some twists and turns to keep the story interesting while also expanding on the world itself. I’m already making a list of keywords that’ll need defining.

Lemme know what ya’ll think! :3

Edit: Here’s a bit of writing done for ideas on how these character mix with one another. Also, a little bit spoiler-y.

Character Drabble

A fierce snarl is torn from Vermilion as in seconds he’s pinning Crimson against the pale brick wall, cracks scattering from the sheer force. Yet, the blond does nothing, but grin widely. His vivid red lips are a bloody smile fueling the rage building inside his lupine comrade.

“I am no child of Lycaon! You shall not name me as such!”
“Oh, I’m sure the humans would think otherwise.”

Another snarl, one that rumbles deeply like rolling thunder in a passing storm. Those apricot irises were heated, molten lava from the sheer fury boiling. The Dampener whirls, all three layers of the black metal collar already charging itself in preparation. As if waiting for Vermilion to act beyond his orders.

“I am no such thing,” Vermilion leans closer. Teeth extending to fangs overpeering lips. "Just as you are no vampire, Defiler!"

A rich, dry, chuckle fills the room’s silence beyond the rumbling growls.

Crimson’s smile widens eerily.

Those white beacons of light flared once as the madness begins to set in.

“My, name calling now? Might as well take me to bed,” the purring blond only enrages the lupine further.

26 Likes

This reminds me of a Manhwa titled “The Novel’s extra”. Though Kim Hajin (the protagonist–or the writer) become an unimportant character that Kim Hajin never thought he existed.

It would be cool if your idea come to fruition.

2 Likes

I’ve been messing with interaction ideas, but also not wanting to overwhelm myself. I’ve thought about three core traits that will help with interaction, but mostly for success rates during action scenes. Empathy vs Apathy and the characters’ Relationship (along with Corruption) scores will be the main focus. I don’t want this to be combat heavy as I want to explore the interactions the Player/Handler has with their inmates. I’m also trying the best way to shortcut some things so I’m not writing too much script in places where there could be a shorthand. Ah.

In other news!

A writing drabble for one of the paths that the Crimson vs Vermilion fight will take.

The Start of the Fight

A fierce snarl is torn from Vermilion as in seconds he’s pinning Crimson against the pale brick wall, cracks scattering from the sheer force. Yet, the blond does nothing, but grin widely. His vivid red lips are a bloody smile fueling the rage building inside his lupine comrade.

“I am no child of Lycaon! You shall not name me as such!”
“Oh, I’m sure the humans would think otherwise.”

Another snarl, one that rumbles deeply like rolling thunder in a passing storm. Those apricot irises were heated, molten lava from the sheer fury boiling. The Dampener whirls, all three layers of the black metal collar already charging itself in preparation. As if waiting for Vermilion to act beyond his orders.

“I am no such thing,” Vermilion leans closer. Teeth extending to fangs overpeering lips. "Just as you are no vampire, Defiler!"

A rich, dry, chuckle fills the room’s silence beyond the rumbling growls.

Crimson’s smile widens eerily.

Those white beacons of light flared once as the madness begins to set in.

“My, name calling now? Might as well take me to bed,” the purring blond only enrages the lupine further.

Trying to Peacefully End This

With a mocking grin, Crimson allows the distance between them to shorten. Just enough to kick his feet hard against Vermilion’s broad muscular chest. Knocking him back into a stumble, the blond easily sweeps upward into a flip, landing against the wall on all fours. Poised like a jaguar ready to pounce.

The delicate pale fingers belonging to the vampire were lengthening into a bloody red dipping heavily to pitch black as they shaped themselves into claws. In turn, Vermilion’s thick long mane of hair bristles as his face stretches to transform.

“Please!”

You call out, in hopes to stop them from fighting.

The sight and sound of their bodies beginning to morph are activating their Dampeners. The three layers of the black metal collars are whirling wildly. Bits of electricity can be seen sparking as runic writing glows.

“There’s no need to fight.” This time your voice is laced with a plea for order. Your stance is strong as you near the bristling duo that’s hissing and snarling at one another despite the warning of their collars.

“I shall not be calm! This Defiler speaks of poison, of rot!” A deeper snarl resonates from Vermilion; flesh, bone, and face halfway morphed into a lupine snout.

“Oh, please,” rolling his eyes, Crimson brushes back a strand of hair from his face.

Sighing, you raise your hands up in the air as a means to soothe them both as you stand dead center in their viewpoint.

As if being in their eyesight and preventing them from seeing one another would help.

“I wonder how long it’ll take before Handy over there shocks them both.”

Indigo chuckles softly to himself. Fingers play with his beard as he leans back against the bookshelf’s frame. Although, the teary wide-eyed stare he’s getting from Azure is only met with a shrug.

“You can’t tell me you weren’t thinking it.”

Azure quickly looks away, his eyes instead set on tracing the pattern of the tile floors than answering. However, the anxious pose reveals he’s not too keen on the idea.

Asking Azure for Assistance

With a mocking grin, Crimson allows the distance between them to shorten. Just enough to kick his feet hard against Vermilion’s broad muscular chest. Knocking him back into a stumble, the blond easily sweeps upward into a flip, landing against the wall on all fours. Poised like a jaguar ready to pounce.

The delicate pale fingers belonging to the vampire were lengthening into a bloody red dipping heavily to pitch black as they shape themselves into claws. In turn, Vermilion’s thick long mane of hair bristles as his face stretches to transform.

The sight and sound of their bodies beginning to morph are activating their Dampeners. The three layers of the black metal collars are whirling wildly. Bits of electricity can be seen sparking as runic writing glows.

Your eyes fluttered closed under long eyelashes. You took a deep breath then exhale slowly, and easily, as you recall your training. In your mind’s eye, time stops. The room narrows until it’s just you and the one that is bound to your word.

The fresh scent of fallen snow, and ringing chimes of a playful fae’s laughter echo in your mind. The surge of wonder and joy blanketing around you as the brisk breeze of the northern winds is a gentle comfort instead of an agonizing chill.

You call forth the spirit of winter itself.

[Azure.]

Your tone is calm, even, as the pressure around you shifts.

A soft tinkling gasp reaches your ears as if the owner of such a sweet sound had found the breath of air they were so desperately looking for.

The middle ring of Azure’s Dampener whirls clockwise, slotting against a specific rune once, twice, then four until it swirls around and widens around the neck.

Azure felt free.

Felt the soothing song of his powers grow. Almost losing himself with ideas of flying to his heart’s content until your command reaches him just as time resumes.

[Separate them.]

“As you wish,” is the serene answer whispering in the back of your mind like a tender lulling song.

Swirls of blue energy surround Azure briefly, his eyebrows furrowing for a second. While the Dampener allows for a more flexible conjuring of his element, it still limits him. Yet, the moment Crimson launches himself from the wall in response to the sight of Vermilion dashing forth in the attack. Both men find themselves struggling to stabilize themselves.

Ice formed underneath them as the biting cold wind blows past as if ensuring they could no longer be within range of one another.

Crimson tries to land gracefully on his feet, however, he’s barely holding onto the walls to stop himself from falling. Vermilion isn’t in better shape not when he’s tip-toeing on all fours, slipping and sliding, with a grumpy frown on his face.

Indigo cackles madly at the sight of his two fellow inmates wobbling along the ice. That is until he’s sneezing and shivering as the cold winds drift towards the corners of the room.

“Shit, Twinkletoes. Ya gotta make the whole damn place cold?”

“S-sorry!” Azure pouts, his hands rubbing along Indigo’s arms as if that’ll warm him faster. The lavender devil could only groan unhappily as being ‘warmed’ by a wintry fae was not ideal.

You can’t help the sigh escaping your lips.

Edit: I couldn’t help but think about this while finishing up a bit of brainstorming.

Edit, Edit: I ended up writing 4,000+ words of variations for the fight. I added another one above, but with an example of commanding one of the other inmates to stop the fight.

Edit, Edit, Edit: I’m currently finishing the framework of what I want to be done. I think I spent too much time trying to make things over complicated for no reason. LOL! I’ll be working on making intros and hopefully get the character customization foundation down or at least have something solid I can be happy about. In addition, I’ve added another character drabble down below. They’ve been excellent warmups for all this and just a nice break to have with all this learning! Ahhh.

The Azure & Indigo Friendship in a Nutshell

Azure: “Stop treating me as though I am a child! I’m the eldest here!” pouty-angry face with teary eyes - (D;<)

Indigo: looks at him with a raised brow, lips hovering near his coffee mug as he’s standing against the kitchen island countertop “Ya gonna cry?”

Azure: “No.” sniffles

Indigo: “Uh-huh.” sips his morning coffee, definitely not believing Azure

The Indigo and Handler Relationship in a Nutshell

Handler: “So, what’s your story?” a delightful hum is pulled from you as you’re enjoying your breakfast.

Indigo: “What do ya mean?” an eyebrow raised as he’s perfectly balancing himself via tail, lazily leaning back with his head propped onto his hand.

Handler: mouth full, you gesture around the inmate dormitory as a simple, “Ya know?”

Indigo: blinks slowly

Indigo: “Ohh~” he chuckles. it’s a deep, throaty, sound so sultry smooth in your ears you barely held back a shiver. he leans forward, smiling wickedly.

Handler: stares blankly

Indigo: “Debauchery.” wiggles eyebrows seductively

The lavender devil can only cackle loudly as you sigh.

10 Likes

Kinda need a bit of help in making this decision. I’m trying to finish the story outlines to get Chapter 1 going. However, I’m wondering if folks would prefer to also have a choice to Romance all four men in a more - ah, romance-y way than diving down the rabbit hole of corrupting one another.

• Add a 2nd Harem Choice that uses Max Empathy.
  • Don’t add a 2nd Harem Route - stick with only the Corruption Route.

0 voters

Edit: Yeaaaaaahhh, so, I’ve made progress! I’m not going to get too crazy with character customization at the moment. However, I did add some minor details for skin and builds. Your Handler can have scars, freckles, or be muscular, fit, or slender. (idk) I won’t go too overboard because I’ll need to keep track of all of this and I don’t wanna lose myself in the coding. I’m still working on making things easier for me.

I will also state that I’m working on the introduction to lore-building itself.

Basically, it’ll go:

• Me babbling about it being my first choice game and content warnings
  • Deadend World intro
  • Handler Application intro
  • Meeting your Husba–inmates… >_>
  • Handler realizing said Husba–inmates got the raw end of the deal
  • Maybe a sweet moment (idk)

I’m hoping to write a chunk of the intro tonight. Or at least get most of it and finish outlining Chapter 1. Wish me luck, ya’ll! Goodness!

Edit, Edit: Currently cleaning some of the frameworks as well as making sure I didn’t forget any customization options (how tf did I forget eye color, Jesus.) There’s a whole lot of placeholders! Ahhh!

More Character Drabbles

Group Realization of V's Past

Crimson: “You were basically her pet.” He says as he’s nonchalantly cleaning his nails. The vampire was more interested in ensuring they were in spectacular condition than the lupine’s past.

Vermilion: “I was no pet, Defiler!” Snarls. “I was a companion, a faithful friend, and a defender she could count on! An unyielding guardian!”

Crimson: Rolls his eyes.

Indigo: "So, a pet?" Crimson throws Indigo a look of “Right?” that he nods to.

Vermilion:No!The age-old warrior stood so quick in his rage, the chair falls back as he was snarling deep in his chest. Hair bristling and shifting, fists clenched at his sides.

Handler: “Here we go again.” You pinch the bridge of your nose as the whirling sound of the Dampner begins. It’s never a dull moment with these - lovable - idiots.

Azure: He winces at the sound of the Dampner, but is soothed by Handler entwining their fingers with a comforting squeeze. He smiles a cute shy little “Thank you.” which earned him a hug.

Indigo: Indigo’s tail flexes as he switches from lounging in mid-air to standing. His hands held out as if that’ll calm the grumpy brunet. “Okay. Hold on, Spottacus.” He ignores the glare he’s receiving. “Before ya start rampaging, lemme ask ya this.”

Vermilion: Snorts. “Fine.” The Dampner stops its whirling as his arms crossed over one another. His rage lessened into annoyance.

Indigo: “Did she ever give you a nice little place outside?”

Crimson: Bites down on his lower lip, holding back a chuckle because he could see where Indigo was going to go with this.

Vermilion: Blinks, a raised eyebrow follows after in his thinking. “Yes.”

Indigo: “Fed you every day?”

Vermilion: “Yes. But, what does that—”

Indigo: “Take you out for long walks around the perimeter?”

Vermilion: He’s beginning to grow impatient with the devil’s pestering.Yes!

Indigo: Bites back a growing grin. “Has she ever told ya “who’s a good boy”?”

Vermilion: Frowns. “Yes? How did you–”

Crimson: Chuckles into a burst of cackling laughter. Vermilion briefly glances at him, confusion read in the lupine’s stare.

Indigo: Clasps a hand onto Vermilion’s shoulder with a sympathetic sigh. “Then, Spottacus, my dear old’ pal, ya were either a pet or ass deep into BDSM pet play.”

Azure: Tilts his head. “What is BDSM?” Everyone turns to stare at Azure. “What?”

Crimson’s mouth opened to respond, but you were faster. Instantly cupping Azure’s tapered ears.

Handler: “Guys! What the fuck.

Indigo:What? He’s just short! Hell! He’s older than all of us combined!” Snorts. Then thinks about it before glancing at Crimson’s way. “Well…”

Crimson: He manages to settle from his laughter, already back to preening. He doesn’t bother looking up from cleaning his nails. “No, no, you’re right.” His head tilts in thought then nods in reassurance. “He’s probably older than me and that’s saying something considering–”

Azure: “Why do you all insist on me not joining in on the fun?” Pouts.

Crimson: “Isn’t fun what got you here in the first place?”

The lavender devil gestures at Crimson with an “I was just about to say that!” stare.

Yet, Vermilion is the only one out of the three men who recognize the hurt expression Azure tries desperately to hide. You try to give him a comforting touch, but Azure is already pulling away.

He leaves the living room without a second thought.

Handler:CRIMSON. WHAT THE FU–

The door slams.

Sweet Moment Between A & V, Poly Route

Azure stared out onto the indoor patio, curled up to his knees as he perched onto a railing. His shimmering eyes watched the sunset across the beautiful horizon of the city’s lights appearing one by one like stars in the sky.

He didn’t need to turn to know that it was Vermilion that sought after him.

Azure: “I just want to experience the world as it is now. For once.

Vermilion: “I know.” The brunet makes his way over, his voice gentle as he leans against the railing. Not far from Azure, yet willing to give the space if needed. “However, it does not change…

Azure: “I know!” They both wince. “I apologize.” Vermilion nods in acceptance, as his apricot eyes meet cerulean. “I know.” He said gentler this time. “The world has changed throughout the centuries of my imprisonment, I simply wish to enjoy all the wonder it offers.” Sighs. “All the joy that can be had.”

A hand cups Azure’s jawline with such tender care he couldn’t help closing his eyes to nuzzle into his palm.

Vermilion: “Do you not experience joy with us?” “Us” was said so quietly that Azure nearly missed it. But he understood the meaning. “Do you regret–”

Azure: “Never.” His eyelids fluttered wide to reveal the adoration in those gorgeous cerulean eyes. He would never regret the circumstances that led him to his lovers. Guilty, yes. But, never regret it.

A small loving smile on the scarred warrior soften his intimidating features.

Before either knows it, Vermilion leans in for a kiss.

Lips brushing for just a moment.

But it said all that needed to be said.

I do want to make this moment interactive with the Handler coming to find them after reprimanding Crimson and Indigo. Probably write three variations for the player to choose from. I’m trying to figure what’s the best or easier way to do that with the framework I’ve got going. If I gotta spend an extra hour or so writing, then so be it. LOL!

I’m also working on making a separate stat area where you can see the inmates’ information from what you’ve discovered and also how your Empathy vs Apathy affects them. This will be noted as “Tamed vs Untamed”.

The idea is that the more “Tamed” than the more they care for you/humanity and find the redemption they are seeking. The more “Untamed” they are will probably lead towards this: losing themselves/being easily corrupted/being void of emotions/having a distaste for humanity depending on who it is that has that stat.

How’s that sound, ya’ll?

7 Likes

Is there any slice of life games like when life gives you lemons ?

Wow! I love your idea. Does the role of the “white knight” mean that we have to automatically behave nobly or could we, say, happily murder our way through some of the fairytales? I mean: If our evil stepmother wants to kill us anyway, why not give her something to be afraid of? :smiling_imp:

This idea came to me last weekend, and I really like it! It’s not only my first idea that I think I actually have enough to write, but also my first idea for an IF. Please let me know what you think

Your older brother is only a year and a half years older than you. He was almost done with his second to last year of school at Ashbourne Hall when your mother suddenly died. Having no idea how to educate a proper young Lady, your father sends you to Ashbourne, who has added a girl’s school in recent years. When there’s an attack in the school, you are unable to save the life of your new favorite teacher. Will you be able to uncover the killer while also dealing with the drama that comes from attending a boarding school? And will you find yourself falling in love? (Book 1 of 4. Probably.)

Features
  • Gender-locked Female. I wasn’t going to lock in gender, but I think there would be too many variables, given the fact that it’s a pretty realistic historical story

• 3/4 RO’s with gender choice

• You can avoid romance, but I don’t recommend it. Romance will be a big part of the story

Historically Accurate?

I want it to be realistic, but I also want people to be comfortable with the setting. And the fact is, not everything from history is great. So, here’s how I’m going to deal with some things

• The traditional gender roles are still in effect, but there’s no outright sexism

• You can only marry the opposite sex, but you can have a same-sex romance (to the same extend you can have any romance in this time period)

• Like Bridgerton, your race doesn’t really affect social or economic standing. Unlike Bridgerton, I don’t have a reason for this

Setting
  • Vaguely Mid-late 1840’s (early Victorian)

• Start of school year-start of winter break

• Ashbourne Hall. A country home turned boarding school. The boys learn history, math, science, and literature. The Girls learn history, literature, and the arts

ROs
  • Edmund James (M) Academic and reserved. Chocolate Brown hair and brown eyes. Glasses. Noble family. Kind but doesn’t speak much. Trope: Arranged Marriage

• Oliver/Olive Price (M/F) Outgoing and Athletic. A year older than MC. Black hair and green eyes. Trope: Brothers Best Friend.

• Charles/Charlotte Brown (M/F) Sweet and Shy. Poor family, father works at school. Deep brown hair and hazel eyes. Freckles. Trope: Forbidden Romance

• Alexander/Alexandra White (M/F) Partier but Sincere. Protective. Blond hair and bright blue eyes. Trope: Rake in Love

16 Likes

I just want to say I love how you did this part.

“It’s sort of historical, but there’s no racism.”
“But that’s not historical, why isn’t there racism?”
“Because fuck racism, that’s why.”

9 Likes

Ahh, my hand found enough strength to wield the tablet pen! In celebration of a healing week, I thought it would be nice to draw the boys! That way ya’ll know what they look like. Some of them are still a little concept-y. I haven’t made up my mind on Indigo’s horns or Vermilion’s hair. ;w;

Azure

Crimson

Indigo

Vermilion

Tonight I’ll be continuing any writing for Chapter 1 as well as see if I can get that glossary going! AH! I’d love to just make a little place where ya’ll see the definitions or keywords or lore explained. I still gotta fix that Case Files section issue too.

Edit: I ended up messing around with a few images and now have a placeholder for the title game! I’ll be hoping to either work more on Chapter 1 or get more concept images. It all depends on the current health situation with my hands. Asdfghjkl!

Also, couldn’t get a decent placement with the images inside the stat page sooooo that idea is gonna be scrapped. If anyone has some suggestions I’ll be glad to discuss them!

Edit, Edit: I managed to sit down and get these busts somewhat colored. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to do a full render, but I did at least settle for flats.

Azure

Crimson

Indigo

Vermilion

Hmmmm… I think Vermilion’s hair needs to be darker. Asdfghjkl! It’s fiiiine…

Editx3: Happy October, ya’ll! I’ve messed around with the menus some more and actually managed to get that glossary going! Yay! My only concern is making sure that when you start collecting Lore Notes within the story the Gilded Chronicles section will actually show up. I’m still scrapping the Image in the Stat Menu thing because I couldn’t get the placeholder images set at the right ratio or position that didn’t mess with the stat blocks or looked awful.

Which is fine! This has all been a really fun, sometimes frustrating, learning experience! I’ve now added random names and surnames to choose from along with the option to input whatever name you want. Just in case ya’ll didn’t feel like making one up. I’ve got three sets of lists for the names: Masculine, Feminine, and Unisex. I think I did 5-6 names each. Something like that.

I’ll add a couple of more skin details to choose from. I’ve already added hairstyles, hair colors, eye colors, and skin tones. Oh! I did add body types like athletic, curvy, slender, etc. I’m trying not to get too overboard cause I gotta keep track of all of these. LMAO!

The next step is to add a placeholder intro and work on getting the framework sturdier. After that, I’ll work on the actual story. I’ll let the custom character intro as is because I want to get something going to use as a demo. I apologize in advance for the rough-looking character creator whenever ya’ll get to finally test this. I’m trying, ya’ll! xD

7 Likes

I’ve started working on ideas for a stock car racing CYOA, kind of a text based career simulation as a driver. While it would be heavily inspired by NASCAR, I plan on making it different mainly to combine aspects from different eras.

I’ve been a casual fan of stock car racing for several years now, and still find it to be intriguing, from its appeal, to the criticisms made about it, to the criticisms that really should be made about it. Flawed products intrigue me, and it has a lot of flaws. However, it also has a lot of great stories and personalities, as well as the most exciting moments (for good and bad) of any sport.

In addition, I feel sports games have really abandoned meaningful career modes, making meaningful choices that impact your career. Fortunately, this is an aspect that CYOA games can handle pretty well, and since I’ve always been a fan of simulation games, why not take a stab at it?

While the thought of trying to work on an episodic was tempting, I do plan on making the game take an entire career, with a kind of legacy wrap up at the end. Romance would be sparse if at all included, which I know will probably put off a lot of potential players, but I just don’t think I would write it well enough to include it. Just a simple simulation with a mild attribute engine, a bit of randomness, and some impact from decision-making, basic strategy.

Full disclosure: I’ve never dabbled in being a race car driver. I don’t know much about cars. Most of my knowledge comes from documentaries and observations from watching races and breakdowns, as well as some articles on the more tedious aspects. In addition, I feel choices should matter, that all of them should represent a tradeoff of some kind. Because of those combined factors, attributes may not work exactly how you might expect.

One last point: the great stories span decades, and I don’t think it’s an accident that NASCAR used to be more popular than it is now. Because of that, I did alter the timeline a bit. For example, the game begins at a time where the races are nationally televised, and the “minor” league racing exists, yet Talladega has not yet been built. Fans of NASCAR may not only recognize that is impossible, but also probably know why I want that reveal in-game. Also, while I hope this will be obvious while playing, I will be tweaking some famous situations to give the players a bit more agency in what happens and make the storyline more coherent.

Thoughts?

EDIT: WIP has been created What's In Stock? A stock car racing game

11 Likes

Oh! That’s a neat little idea! I’m digging it, but I do wonder how far of a career simulator are ya gonna go with. Is this gonna touch base on some of the darker moments as a driver? Especially, the dangers as well as the glory? Or is this going to be more like rising to the top than a deeper dive into racing scenes? With the whole Need for Speed and a bunch of fun! Would this also mean getting in touch with sponsors, choosing your own car, and/or getting one via sponsor? Hiring Pit Crews? Either way, this sounds rad!

Oof, I do still remember some of the shenanigans that happen with NASCAR. It’s a thrilling, but dangerous sport. I wish ya the best of luck, and all the fun, on this journey of yours!

2 Likes

Heyo! For those without tumblr and haven’t been following the updates. I’ve added new info to my blog about The Primordials (Play as God/Goddess & Romance some peeps, but there’s some real angsty revenge since that’s the plot bringer.) for those interested that is. Anyways you can check it out over —》HERE

16 Likes

As Darrell Waltrip said, “If the lion didn’t bite the tamer every once in a while, it wouldn’t be exciting.” I have already come up with a barebones system for death. Basically, every time you get in a major wreck, there is a 1 in 1000 chance of death, and a 6% chance of injuries of varying degree, which can cause missed races as well as shorten your career. Speaking of which, there will be decisions that affect your career length, which can be as long as 40 years. Obviously every year won’t have stories, and I am hoping to come up with a series of random events for one-off choices in addition to more in-depth narrative ones. The one thing I can promise is that when you get to the end, there will be at least a mildly satisfying wrap-up. Games like Tin Star and Hollywood Visionary made me realize how important a custom epilogue is.

As far as your other questions, while I am going to be talking about the costs of running a race team and some just being better than others due to money, I don’t have any solid ideas, but would welcome them if you have any ideas. I do have some minor sponsor issues in mind, but nothing concrete.

2 Likes

I would heavily recommend that you come up with your own sponsor ideas as you don’t want to get hit with copyright infringement. I know old NASCAR used to have alcoholic sponsors and I’m pretty sure Busch Light is still a part of that so I suppose non real alcoholic sponsors might be okay. Tobacco should be fine as well since they originally called their championship the Winston Cup.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, all names will be different, though some might be kinda easy to figure out. I just meant that I don’t yet have much in the way of interesting scenarios regarding sponsors. I can think of a couple of interesting events, but obviously the “behind the scenes” stuff that will need to be played out is harder to find out about.

1 Like

Okay well, if you’re going the team owner/driver route like Alan Kulwicki then interactions with sponsors are a must but however, as just a driver, I don’t believe it necessary but maybe have them set up a goal for the season every year and if you pass them, they stay happy with you and if you fail them, you increase the risk of losing a sponsor and have to find another. I used to watch NASCAR all of the time as a kid and I’m still startled that I don’t recognize any new sponsors.

sigh I know I posted an idea recently but my brain just keeps creating stories I really want to write

Summary

Yes Master

You’ve died of a caffeine overdose due to your unhealthy intense study routine (who knew the human body can’t handle 14 cans of energizer and espresso?) but good news! You’ve been reincarnated! The bad news is you were reincarnated into the your sister’s favorite dating sim and you’re not even a major character in the story… you only have one line of dialogue in the whole game and it’s “yes master”

Features

Play as the unremarkable servant and “loyal follower” of the villain in this cliche romance story

four romances to chase or get as far away from

try to influence the story and get some screen time (why seriously just one line in a game of almost 5 hours? it’s not fair)

be the best servant you can or not

Characters and Ro's

Leonore/Leon Eanthal (Ro): your master, a “mean” and “cruel” person, will not hesitate to trample on anyone who stands between them and their target. is not something that you have never seen a few gossip here and there and consider it ruined (a very broken villain if you are honest)

Freya Heilo: also known as your “apprentice” you teach her how to do chores in the duke’s house a little naive girl who gets carried away very easily (it’s not surprising that in the original story Leonore/Leon convinced her to steal essential items of the main character… in the end things did not go very well for her)

Piere Kelioss: younger brother of the crown prince/princess, a guy unconcerned about almost everything around him or so the truth is that this guy sells information about other people in his father’s court (it’s like a spy camera, nothing happens without let him know right away but it seems like he hasn’t gathered any of your information or you just seem really irrelevant to him)

Christine/Cristopher Xandyr (Ro) : apparently the main character of the game (a total Marie Sue/Gary Stu to the point of bordering on ridiculous) beautiful appearance and innate talent that’s how everyone describes this character because the only thing you see is that they are a really broken character

Vide Kelioss (Ro): the heir to the throne also known as the number 1 love interest nobody knows much about them (except you apparently since you were forced to play this simulator before you know this character too well) a closed and cold person who they never had an interest in anything other than being a worthy heir to the crown (literally that’s the entire description of the character in the original game)

???(Ro): This character is not supposed to exist… but here they are, why?

33 Likes

Omg. That sounds ridiculously amazing and a whole lot of fun! I really dig the concept~ I do wonder how much the MC will be able to influence everything and will this also mean that the moment the MC enters “Yes, Master” would its original storyline be swept into chaos to host his new ‘character’? It’s a fascinating idea so far tho!

2 Likes

my idea is in this little punishment system that is always in the villain’s head as a kind of pop-up tab that will tell the MC about their “villain actions” each villain action brings a series of punishments (if not meets the goal) and rewards (in case the goal is met) the MC can persuade the villain to take softer or harsher actions against the protagonist, this system will have consequences mostly for the villain but the MC will also suffer a part of these consequences.

so yes, the mc even before saying their lines is rewriting everything and there will be consequences for it

7 Likes