Interest Check Thread

I look forward to seeing how these characters are developed and written.

7 Likes

Right, so, Elvina is is the owner of the bar Scotty works at. She is straightforward, loyal to a fault, and has a particular dislike of the living, given her nature. She has a crush on a siren who frequently sings at her place and is struggling with how to approach it - she has no memory of her past life as a human, only bits and fragments. In this world, zombies are risen from the dead by necromancy. Her father brought her back after she passed away in a drunk driving accident. Awakened without most of her mind and trapped in a formerly-decaying body, she has run away from home and now seeks solitude - but with monsters, specifically ones also haunted by what they are, or other former mortals.

Igorne is a bit of a mystery, intentionally so. He only hunts down the worst of the worst for his cravings, and supplies Dale with blood from his victims - they have a bit of a bromance going on. He’s secretive, but otherwise as honest as humanely possible about himself, his morals, and his…hobby. He hides it as hard as he can 24/7 but cares deeply for his roommates. When he’s not out and about doing what he does best, you will always find him buried deep in a good story - the only thing he enjoys more.

10 Likes

@napariwara This is simultaneously the most interesting and downright hilarious thing I’ve seen in years of CoG.

Looking forward to run it down and get permabanned, if that will be a choice. Or perhaps become the next Faker? Down to PM if you want to chat about this game or just MOBA in general.

This is my first ever post, sorry if I clogged up this thread, Forum veterans.

5 Likes

I present: Sherman Neckbolt, beautifully brought to life for the first time by my wife.

We have taken to nicknaming him Himbo Frankenstein.

11 Likes

That’s so lovely to hear HKJAFHKAHGKAHK

I’m planning on giving readers routes where their rookie runs it down or the team engages in a clown fiesta—but not intentionally, if that makes sense. Because while the player can customize a lot of rookie’s personality, she is written as always ambitious, competitive, and confident in her skills. rookie won’t jeopardize her shot at playing professionally, so your rookie will never run it down intentionally. But! You can make plays that are not optimal, or plays that are good on paper but flop in execution (depending on your skills, or the state of your game)–and you know how quickly these can turn messy hKJHSKJAHK (AKA dashing into the enemy team 1v5 bc you saw an amazing engage and then dying instantly)

And as to whether or not you can be the next Faker :eyes: we’ll just have to wait and see hehe

<3 for sure, I’ll take you up on your offer soon! Your interest is so heartwarming <3 @Laniakea

5 Likes

I think it’d be cool too be half dragon. Or maybe a were-dragon

4 Likes

i am actually considering changing mc to were-dragon, cause that would open more options for story.

3 Likes

A were-dragon would be cool. It just depends on how much or little control we have over it. Maybe our choices could determine how much we learn to control it or if we let it go wild. Such as in some legends of werewolves where they had control with the only exception being the full moon, others were they don’t have control at all & would turn only on the full moon (aka the classic tale), and even some where they have control but can choose to be half or full wolf but during the full moon they can lose control due to bloodlust or what have u

2 Likes

In fact, although it is difficult to believe there are legends of Irish monks who obtained God’s blessing to become werewolves to fight demons or motilological creatures enemies of God and men, but like King Solomon when obtaining all the benefits of being blessed by God some were corrupted by this power and began to do evil with it so God punished them in the savage and dangerous way in which we see many werewolves today.

What I mean is that in this story there can be good and bad dragons, so the latter would be better known due to the actions they do and those who are good have to hide to survive the hatred generated between species.

3 Likes

I’ve been working on a project for a week or two. You play as a freshly-graduated alchemist in a fantasy world teetering on the edge of a civil war.

Just thought I’d share the startup page for what I have so far.

Cheers! :blue_heart:

Screenshot #1

Screenshot #2

26 Likes

I don’t even know where to begin, I am so in love with this concept! :heart_eyes: I don’t want to fill up too much forum space with my adoring rant below so your post may remain as visible as possible, so I have placed it in the cut below!

My Adoration for this Idea! This has literally everything I adore in these games: Magic! Legacy! Childhood to Death Gameplay! Bloodlines! Romance - Or (even more exciting) the veil of romance / use of social conventions to promote ambition! Lore! Leadership! Fame! Guilds! Discovery! Ah, it’s all so much and I am in love with it all!!

:star_struck:

Please, please, please charge forward with this concept! I was absolutely, instantly charmed by your writing as it is so concise yet full of depth; establishing a solid premise and intrigue into future gameplay in a manner that made me suddenly feel so familiar with a world so entirely new! I honestly can never have enough fantasy in my life, but this especially seems so tailored to everything I love about the genre! Please excuse my simple rant of ecstatic praise as I find myself limited to just gushing over this proposal!

I must also add that your graphic title is fantastic! I love visual elements in these stories, and this graphic alone looks so clean and captivating - I’m absolutely jealous over here with my lack of tech savvy to accomplish such things! I am eagerly awaiting any demo or blog or any development in general for this story! It seems very ambitious, but I sincerely send you my best wishes that it is a fun and fulfilling journey towards the completion of this fantastic narrative!

7 Likes

Your enthusiasm is so contagious! Thank you so much for your kind words.

I am spending my Nanowrimo working on this project, so I hope to have a working demo before Christmas.

7 Likes

Can’t wait for the demo to be released. I love playing an alchemist any chance I get in a game so this would be a perfect game for me to play

1 Like

Thank you, I will give it my best shot.

I have been wanting a good alchemist game ever since D&D introduced the Artificer class. I’m a sucker for collectibles, lore and experimental crafting.

4 Likes

I’m in the middle of a project at the moment, but I thought I’d pitch an early idea I came up with for a potential “sequel.” In quotes because while it technically takes place after my current project, it follows a different player character.

Age of Heroes: New Generation

Plot Summary

You’re a retired superhero whose last battle resulted in a grave injury that made it too difficult for you to continue to be a hero. Until, one day, you’re approached by an old friend/acquaintance who has an opportunity for you. To combat the resurgence of supervillains, they’ve sponsored the creation of a new team of teenage superheroes, who they hope will grow to become the next big superhero team.

And they want you to help mentor them.

Your new job stations you on a mobile headquarters with the job of guiding your new team. A matter that’s complicated all the more when an old enemy resurfaces, looking to take their revenge on you. All that stands between them is the messy group of teenagers you’re tasked with mentoring.

(A story where you play as the mentor, rather than the typical protagonist.)

Characters (So Far)

Paladin: A young man, son of two heroes, with a little of each of their powers flowing through him. He has the ability to summon armor and weapons at will, see great distances, and augment some of his physical capabilities.

He’s charismatic, but selfish, courageous, but arrogant, heroic, but flippant. A boy with many good traits that are held back by bad traits. He’s a candidate for the leader of the team. He’s grown up a well-off, well-loved, and untroubled child. His charmed life resulted in good training, but also inexperience.

Shining Light: A young woman from an unremarkable background. She has powers similar to those of an angel, able to fly with conjured wings, fight with summoned light, and heal with divine power.

She wants nothing more than to be a wise, trusted, and helpful mentor herself one day, but she’s still learning. She holds herself to a high standard and works hard to live up to them. All in all, she’s a kindhearted, but troubled girl.

Robust: A young man with super strength and a checkered past. He’s a former sidekick who’s recently been assigned to the team, he’s excited about this new chance at life.

He’s an enthusiastic and hot-blooded boy who throws himself straight into fights. He’s always looking to prove something, whom he wants to prove himself to, is unknown. He’s always running from the consequences of his past.

Outlander: A young hero from another dimension. Her powers consist of shapeshifting, energy distortion, and bursts of speed, strength, and flight. Her eyes can also see the flow of energy.

She’s an optimistic, fun-loving, and jovial girl with little knowledge of Earth. She’s a lover of music especially and has the secret identity of a pop star.

Magi: Can’t say much about her because it would spoil my current project if I did.

Features

-Pick from one of three different backgrounds that define what kind of superhero you were. Whether you were an independent hero, a member of a wide-spanning organization, or if you hail from another dimension altogether.

-Face one of three different supervillains, and have them come back for revenge years later.

-Train and guide your superhero team, help them through their individual issues and the ones that hinder them from working better as a team.

-Solve various crises’ across the world and manage how your team is perceived by the world.

-As mentioned, the player character’s retired due to an injury. You can pick what that Is, whether it’s a painful scar, a crippled limb, or a loss of superpowers.

Desired Feedback

Anything you can think of, really. Things you’d like to see, things you wouldn’t like to see, etc. Also, any thoughts on the concept itself would be appreciated.

40 Likes

Does someone have interest in playing a story like this one?
—————————————————————————Can you navigate through a world of intrigues, conspiracies and secrets? Find true love, make lifelong friends or dangerous enemies!

You play as the first child of the wealthy Earl of Hawksbury, and subsequently his heir. Being born into such a prestigious and well off family must mean that your life will be easy, right? But you will soon find out that it’s precisely the contrary. Will you be the perfect noble that your parents want you to be or will you rebel against them and choose your own path? Maybe you will uncover the secret that your family hides or join a rebellion. Maybe you just want to enjoy grand balls and banquets, or perhaps you want to abdicate all your titles and live like a common person? Endless possibilities are available for you to choose, but you must choose wisely, otherwise things won’t be good for you.

•Play as male or female; gay, straight, bisexual or asexual.

•You’ll get to play from child to adult, and make choices that will affect your relationships, stats and the path that you’re story will go.

•Make friends, enemies or find romance.

•You can also explore your surroundings and meet new people.

36 Likes

Wow okay I am interested with this story. I’m a sucker for all slice of life and aristrocats interactive fictions, and I’m happy to see more of this!

What I really like is the idea that we start off as a child and we grow from there. I can see potential here :smiley:

4 Likes

That sounds really interesting, will wait for the demo! Good luck!

1 Like

Hey, if you can give us the option to be a grump ol retired hero, I am all for it! This is a WIP I can’t wait to see it show up on my feed one day!

5 Likes

Thank you! And yes, there will definitely be an option for the player character to be an old, grumpy hero. Along with the option to be some of the other mentor archetypes.

7 Likes