Interest Check Thread

I like how you think! IMO this could be a super fun story. You have so much going on narratively; generational conflicts/struggles, good ole revenge, getting the various personalities to mesh together as a team - that’s really good stuff.

8 Likes

you got the seal of approval from Eric, that means your WIP will now be blessed!

6 Likes

Thank you! Hopefully, I’ll be able to cover it all in a satisfying way.

I didn’t realize until TechNote’s comment that you’ve written multiple superhero stories. :laughing: I’m still working on my first.

7 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Sparrow Agnello. I’m new to writting IF games and I want to share with you my idea.

I don’t know if anyone will like this idea, but I still want to share the idea.

Game title: Venomous (working title, WIP)

Summary:

I was just an ordinary person like everyone else. I had a family, a loved one, and we were raising a child together. I worked for a prestigious newspaper. Everything that had been built up over the years turned to ashes overnight.

My spouse died when a criminal organization took over the mall. The government heroes could not save anyone.

Driven by grief, I decided to take revenge and show the truth about the so-called heroes.

Now I’m the most wanted criminal everyone is afraid of.

Features

• you can play as male, female, nonbinary; gay, straight, bi;
  • you can choose your own power or be without powers;
  • six LI;
  • twenty endings.

Please if you find in my text any errors, please DM on tumblr.

32 Likes

premise is interesting, and with 20 possible endings nonetheless. Hope to read the demo soon, and all the best for your wip :blush:

2 Likes

I don’t really see a connection - perhaps it’s best to elaborate.

That’s a lot and it’s interesting how you will handle this.
Good luck, I will check on this project!

5 Likes

I definitely love the premise of this WIP, with a PC wracked with guilt over the loss of loved one(s) Not sure if the PC’s child is included on the list of dead and taking matters into their own hand’s when the heroes failed to save their live. I will say however that shooting for 20 possible endings sounds great but also try to pace yourself with the story, a lot of people try to aim for a story with multiple endings but start to get really burnt out by it. Not discouraging your from it, again it sounds amazing going for that many possible endings but just make sure your pacing yourself with your story :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The premise sounds interesting. I think u need a little more clarity but that can be done when u have ur page for the game. Such as if our child is still alive or not as that opens up the interest of happens to them if they do survive. Do they get taken in by the heroes, taken away from us, can we influence their way of thinking, etc?

1 Like

I don’t want to spoil it, but the baby is alive and they can either live with us or with their grandparents. The child’s age at the time of the first book is 6 years old. This too will affect the narrative.

The second book will be on behalf of the adult child of the mc.

And I have changed the description, I will post when there is a demo.

I apologize for the errors I don’t have a sleep.

8 Likes

You’re completely fine and thank you for the clarification. I’m looking forward to playing the demo when it comes out

3 Likes

I mean this could be interesting. Maybe the “heroes” mostly care about preserving the status quo in favour of the current elites and thus might care more about protecting either property or sometimes VIP’s than regular people. Could definitely see how the mc could be pissed enough about that to turn all Charles Bronson in the death wish series…only with superpowers I guess.

As long as the kid can be adopted and the mc can be gay with a same sex deceased significant better half I suppose. Otherwise it won’t really be for me.

2 Likes

Yes, the kid can be adopted and the MC can be gay.

Without a spoiler, it will be like this, but not quite.

5 Likes

So I’ve got an idea for an IF, it was actually prompted by my English teacher and I’m working on a demo and characters right now. Tell me what you think.

The Talmara Federation

It’s been thousands of years since World War 3. Humans have found a new planet to destroy and more resources to take. They have also created you, a clone of one of the most renowned soldiers ever. But they made you better, hundreds of years studying physical and mental enhancements have made you the perfect soldier. Now they want you to complete the mission that your likeness started. After nearly five thousand years it’s time for The Talmara Federation to take back Earth, and you’re going to lead the charge. Well, you and your team at least.

More History

Over 5000 years ago World War 3 happened on Earth. The United States had entered a conflict with Russia. And because of a mistaken transmission, the United States launched a nuclear warhead at Moscow, causing the Russians to retaliate. In little under a year, half the Earth was now covered in radiation, and the other half was struggling to survive the aftermath.

Then a brilliant scientist by the name of Cannon Parsons discovered a new planet similar to Earth. The planet was named MSK-0419 at the time, but it would later be known as Talmara. The remaining population of Earth was overjoyed at this discovery and began to work on ships that could take them to Talmara to start a colony. After 2 more years of work and another 50 million deaths, the ships were finished.

However, they could only take 3000 of the nearly 5 million survivors. So in typical fashion, the few people who had money left were able to buy their way off of Earth. The ships were launched quickly loaded with all the supplies they could find left on the planet and the colonists in stasis pods. After nearly 400 years of space travel, the colonists awoke from the stasis pods and found themselves entering the orbit of Talmara.

Before stepping onto the planet’s surface once they landed the 3000 had a vote. This vote was on two very important things, what should they call themselves, and who will lead them. Eventually, the colonists decided on a 7 member council, who will be voted in and serve for life unless impeached. The council was then elected with James Hanzley being chosen as Chairman. The colonists also decided to call themselves the Talmara Federation.

Features

• Play as male, female, nonbinary, with a fully customizable OC

• Five RO’s

• Heavily war, romance, and politics based

42 Likes

Nice concept. Would love the idea of having to play as a super soldier like our beloved Steve Rogers. Especially in the future.

I would be willing to take some burden off of your shoulders, if you’re interested. I’m looking to improve my coding skills and would love a challenge.

What kind of dangers or rather challenges does the MC face on earth?

1 Like

Thank you, I’m a huge sci-fi and Captain America fan so I thought this was a perfect idea. As for helping me with coding, I’d love that. I’ve got some of the basics down and even have a demo right now with a few thousand words, but there was some more complicated things coding wise I was interested in doing.

1 Like

I’m going to have to give a kind of nonanswer here cause that reaches into a bit of spoiler territory for some things I had planned. However what you know as the MC is that the council (leaders of Talmara) have told you that an alien species has landed and occupied Earth for the past thousand years and are what caused the death of the person you’re a clone of.

4 Likes

You can send me a DM so we can discuss.

Whoa loved your concept, it’s interesting, quick questions

1. What’s the population now?
  2. Has the size of Council been increased since its establishment?
  3. If the size hasn’t been increased is there a “Lower House of Parliament” type of thing?
  4. Also does chairman have more power than Councilman, if so what are they?
  5. Also is chairmans appointment also for life? Or that can change depending on the support a chairman commands in the council?
2 Likes