Interest Check Thread

Thank you for the response! I’m actually thinking of posting the WIP thread maybe next week once I’ve got the description completed, so be on the lookout if you want to see more!

2 Likes

I like this take on the school genre. Go for it, friend!

1 Like

Trial of Scales would be a high fantasy story in modern era setting. You are a normal kid with a loving/resentful family. Ever since you can remember you always had weird dreams, Dreams which didn’t made sense but felt real all time. On your 18th birthday you start hearing voices, not malevolent in nature, more like someone or something urging you in one direction. By your 20th birthday you begin to make out words, the voices say in raspy voice,“Krette… Krette… Krette…”. What are those words, who or what is calling out to you. All theses questions become more serious when on your 21st birthday your wake up to bizarre changes. Your body is yours but it isn’t? cause you would remember having reptilian eyes and split tongue right? Your ear seem different too, more pointy than you remember and the voice in your head that… that to sounds different, somehow it makes sense “East… East… East…” it says.

In this wip you are a dragon child, After your dragonic side wakes up you’ll go to Estellvia, one of 12 secret base where most of dragon population works and lives. This story would be heavily based character building with sibling and romantic love. Number of ROs is still unclear. This triology would give similar vibes like keeper series.

What i would like to know is
1st Would you be interested in being a half dragon hybrid a were-dragon?
2nd What your thoughts on having over protective older sibling(s)
3rd Any ideas to make it unique and/or plot suggestions.
4th Overpowered oc- Yay or Nay?

19 Likes

I honestly like the current plot of your planned wip, i feel like being a dragon human hybrid would be fun, older over protective siblings would be ok for me as long as they are not controlling, a op mc would be nice, but this is just my opinion, good luck on your wip!

2 Likes

slides in I heard something about cults? :eyes:

This seems like a really interesting idea and I can’t wait to play it!

3 Likes

@Mr.Wolf it’s a interesting idea and I would defintly play lol as a dragon hybrid
I don’t mind a over protective older sibling could be interesting to see what may unfold in that dynamic.
As to the overpowered bit while I don’t mind I would much prefer to grow into such power also on a point of curiosity why would we go to this secret base? And if it’s so secret how do we know about it? Plus is the older sibling like us? A dragon hybrid type of person? Lol those questions and more would love to explore.

As to unique plot points or suggestions well really would need to know more or at least think on it lol :smiley:

4 Likes

Well, I don’t like to overshadow the initiative of this user. Sometimes I ask what initial idea the creator has to rather help develop the story by showing the development possibilities so that even this creator thinks in a way that he does not know and can surprise us all. Sure if the creator wants to reveal something for the moment

1 Like

1st we would go to secret base cause we need answer for body changes and we would find it by following the voice’s direction and yes all siblings are same as us.
i put the last bit just to make the text seem longer >.<

2 Likes

hmm may i interest you in a badass sibling who cooks and kicks ass for younger sibling?

4 Likes

Yes you may, thanks alot for responding to my comment ! Cant wait for the wip!

1 Like

Is matchmaking two non-player characters something you’d be interested in? (if anyone saw my previous posts-yes, same story)

• Yes, I would like that
  • I wouldn’t mind it, but it wouldn’t improve my experience
  • I would not like that
  • I would hate that

0 voters

I would say depends on the story, for me. I’d be inclined if it was a romantic title. If not, it’s not something I would invest in unless I personally really shipped both characters for some reason.

Hello! I’ve been lurking for a while now, but here we go! I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in a game like this: [CURRENTLY UNTITLED ESPORTS IF]

You will play as a 22-year-old female MC, IGN: rookie. For the past three years, you’ve been the undisputed Rank 1 Divine in the multiplayer online battle arena, The City of Revelations; and, for these same three years, you’ve been trying to get into a professional Revelations esports team and compete with the highest caliber of players North America has to offer. Sure, you’ve managed to snag interviews with team managers and owners, but for some reason, you can’t manage to land a contract. That is, until Sovereign Esports, your absolute favorite team to ever grace the San Valentino stage, offers you a position as their starting support. Dream come true, right?

Well, maybe, if not for certain caveats: (1) Sovereign, once the region’s top representative, is now at the bottom of the standings, fighting off relegation into a minor league; (2) your new teammates are this close to ripping each other apart (it’s honestly a surprise to you that no one has suffocated from the sheer tension in the gaming house); (3) your contract lasts for exactly one split and will not be renewed if the roster you’re in fails to qualify for the Worlds Championship Tournament; and, (4) you’re not a support main —you main mid lane, you want to play mid lane professionally , you’re 100% a better player than the current mid laner Sovereign has, and you’re nothing if not determined.

FEATURES
  • Play as rookie, the undisputed Rank 1 Divine of North America since she was 19 who finally got a chance to play for a bigger stage.

• Customize your rookie’s appearance, personality, and hobbies.

• Decide your playstyle :
    – are you passive, playing a clean game that’s mindful of what the enemy can do; or are you aggressive, playing an explosive game where you position yourself to fight, fight, fight?
    – are you reactive, with a keen eye for any mistakes, always eager to serve them with a nasty punish? or are you proactive, creating opportunities for yourself and your team, seemingly out of thin air?

• A game like Revelations isn’t complete without the playable units: choose which characters you pilot — do you excel at one specific kind of unit? or is your pool of characters deep enough to be called an ocean?

• Decide how you want to play out Sovereign’s games—and maybe find yourself in contention for both the regional title and a Worlds trophy.

• Romance one (or more?) of x characters, including three of your four teammates.

• Affect the team atmosphere: will you be the team’s saving grace, bringing these fallen kings back their crown? or are you the nail in the coffin, pushing the team to relegation as you pursue your own goals?

• Decide how your career pans out: will you find something to love about your new support position? or will you end the season the mid lane carry you’ve always dreamed of becoming?

RO's

[IGN: Astray] MARSHALL O’CLERY , 24
TOP LANE
he/him | cis | heteroromantic-asexual

Astray: more information

APPEARANCE
Astray stands at 6"0 with a lean build and long, gangly limbs. Has pale skin with barely-there freckles; wavy, mid-length brown hair he pushes back with a thin hairband while playing; prominent cheekbones, a sharp jawline, and a straight nose; thick brows furrowed over sharp, narrow, striking blue eyes.

CHARACTER PROFILE
The uncrowned king: a World Champion if things just went his way. Despite everything Astray has achieved in his seven-year career, he can’t see himself as successful without hoisting the only trophy that matters: the Worlds Cup of Eternals.

PERSONALITY
Behind Astray’s rather severe appearance is a reserved young man. Though he is kind-hearted and gentle, he isn’t one to yield. Stubborn and incredibly dedicated to his goals, he comes off as selfish to people who don’t know him. And maybe he is, but in Astray’s eyes, he’s just ambitious and goal-oriented: how can a person live with themselves if they keep compromising what they want for other people?

[IGN: kitty cat] TOBI JIĀNG , 22
MID LANE
he/him | cis | straight

kitty cat: more information

APPEARANCE
kitty cat stands at 6"1 with a softer build, and a little more of him to love around his abdomen. Has sickly-looking warm beige skin that flusters easily; dark hair with no discernable parting and a fringe that swoops across his thick brows; round face with almond-shaped gray eyes, pulled downwards and accented by black bags from many sleepless nights; he wears pink cat-ear headphones on stage.

CHARACTER PROFILE
When Sovereign made it to the World Finals three years ago, kitty cat was only a rookie and a substitute. No one expected him to play any Finals games, least of all himself, and he was fine with that. That is, until unforeseen circumstances slotted him into the main roster. Everyone knows what happened next: Sovereign lost and they just kept losing. The team’s decline has nothing to do with his joining, but it can get hard to believe when you’re the only change in what used to be a well-oiled machine.

PERSONALITY
kitty cat is shy and timid to a fault. He would sooner do something drastic to nip a conversation at its bud than talk to strangers, or face confrontation. If he takes you into his confidence, though, you’ll be greeted by someone incredibly intelligent and witty, but also soft-hearted and understanding. kitty cat knows, more than anyone else on the team, how it feels to hate parts of yourself—and if you make him a friend, he’ll make sure that, at least around him, you won’t feel that way for too long.

[IGN: 404] BLAKE WALTZER-SALVA , 24
ATTACK DAMAGE CARRY (BOTTOM LANE)
he/him | ??? | pansexual

404: more information

APPEARANCE
404 stands at 5"7 with a slender build, shoulders on the narrower side, and a slim waist. Has fair skin (making him look like a mestizo to the Filipino side of his family); a well-defined jawline that tapers into a small chin and a gently-sloping nose; blue eyes are sharp and framed by long lashes; dyed-pink, curly hair parts at the middle, styled in a curtain hairstyle that grazes his heavily-pierced ears; undercut showcases their natural black hair color.

CHARACTER PROFILE
People constantly talk of 404 as if he were past his prime, but it’s not as though he isn’t capable of mechanical outplays—if anything, he’s only gotten better with time. However, 404 seems content in hiding his skill behind questionable decisions and mistakes: ones that lose so many of Sovereign’s games.

PERSONALITY
404 regards his job (and really a lot of things in his life) with aloofness—perhaps a bit too much, given how there are whispers of management letting him go if things don’t improve after the split. If he actually cares about this, he doesn’t show it. Though he can be prickly and inflammatory (especially if he’s decided you’ve wronged him somehow), 404 is naturally playful: he enjoys good banter and a lot of teasing. While this can make him fun to be around, it does make a lot of interactions with him rather superficial.

Really interested in hearing your thoughts about this. :slight_smile: Have a nice day!

13 Likes

It’s Always Dark In Transylvania

Sherman Neckbolt - Frankenstein’s Monster
Dale Tepes- Failed, homeless, lazy great grandson of Dracula
Elvina Morano - Gay goth zombie girl
Scotty Hall- Alcoholic werewolf bouncer
Igorne S. Gluskin - Intelligent, shady human serial killer

Entire story takes place in modern Transylvania, in a tiny, uncharted town called Ablu Mun. Five unlikely misfits rent the upper floor of Crowkeep Manor from a family of Demolycans; half-vampire, half-werewolf hybrids who are more sensitive to sunlight than any other monsters, and therefore reside in the basement and rent out the two upper floors for a steady supply of dead humans. A ghost by the name of Esther occupies and haunts the first floor alone. Monsters of all shapes and sizes inhabit this world, which is extremely similar to ours, and they aren’t all in Transylvania, either. However, Transylvania is the safest and most accepting place for them, as most live in secret and try their best to stay away from humans, even those that live off of them. Ablu Mun is a shanty little country community that was built by monsters and welcomes all kinds, including humans that are classified as such. What it lacks in a half-decent economy it surely makes up for in inclusivity and diversity. Monsters in this quaint village live amongst each other relatively peacefully. Crime is almost non-existent, and any wrongdoings are normally and simply punished by exile from the community. It’s a sleepy pocket paradise for the common creature, hidden away from the “real” monsters of the world and relatively safe from prejudice and human persecution.

That is, until the murders start. And that peace and trust is shattered potentially forever.

And Sherman, with his gang of fellow poverty-stricken sub-humans, are caught right in the middle of them.

It’s The Munsters meets Adult Swim Regular Show, and you’re the main star.

22 Likes

@napariwara would love to play that game so would love to see a demo when ever your able to put forth one. Though I’m kinda confused about what is one split? Did you mean one season? Sorry if it’s common eSports term I don’t follow any of it lol :smiley:

1 Like

Interesting. I do like the idea of discovering that ur a supernatural creature or half supernatural creature. I think the idea of being a human dragon hybrid might get slightly overshadowed by another game called Scales (in which ur race of human dragon hybrid are taken from their village by a group of humans) but it could still be something interesting as it is a different story. Having older siblings could be nice but I think giving us the choice of being an only child or having siblings might be more interesting as we could have different experiences based on not only how we see our parents but our siblings too. For example if we don’t have a good relationship w/ our parents we could see our sibling (s) as our only family. As for the overpowered or underpowered question I think being underpowered could work if we had older protective siblings but overpowered could work too as we would have to learn to control our powers & in turn we would be protecting our siblings if we choice to have them

2 Likes

Sounds like you have a solid sense of place and a colorful cast/casket of characters. I think you’re doing yourself a favor with the scope, since paranormal/fantasy/sci-fi stories can really creep. I don’t know enough details to speak specifically, but here are some hipshot pointers going off of intuition.

1. Comedy needs to be tightly plotted, so it doesn’t drift–all jokes are asides. Mystery, I think, requires the tightest plotting. So, it looks to me like you need a double-shot of outline. Believe me. I’ve had to spend months writing my way of out trouble in screenplays, trouble I could have avoided with a better sense of my scenes, scene flow, and major plot points.

2. In story-form comedy, only character-based humor sustains. Gimmicks, gags, and situational comedy tires–this is why sitcoms are <30min. I’d dive into your central cast’s strengths and flaws and find the humor there. Play it against the setting and events, or even derive those things from the characters.

3. In mystery, the “surprising but inevitable” ending maxim is most important. You have to seed clues enough for people to guess, but not make it easy. Your central conflict should escalate. Maybe the murders are part of a cover-up conspiracy that threatens the economy. (I don’t know what their major exports are.) I’d study Chinatown. I think it’s the best-written, best-plotted mystery there is. And, for your purposes, it really showcases reversals and escalations.

I hope some or all of this is helpful. Sorry if it isn’t what you were looking for. Let me know if you have questions about any of what I said. Cheers! @Waylon_Royce

10 Likes

Thank you so much! I will be taking all of that to heart! It’s an honor getting your thoughts on a pitch of mine. When I have an outline and begin my ChoiceScript journey, I will definitely be looking forward to you potentially playing it. Cheers, bud! :clinking_glasses:

8 Likes

I’m happy to take a look at your outline if you like. If you get that strong backbone right, everything just goes better. And you always know exactly how much longer you have to go. I wish you all the success! @Vexius_Krexius

6 Likes

That’s so nice to hear! :smiley: A season is one year and it’s composed of two splits: Spring Split and Summer Split! The game takes place in Summer Split, the period which leads into Worlds :smiley:

A split is around 9 weeks, plus play-offs (which leads into local title contention), which is around 4 weeks :slight_smile: Currently, I’m planning the game to include 3 weeks before the start of Summer Split and Summer Split itself, for a total of 16 weeks of gameplay! @Valixon

5 Likes