Interest Check Thread

Got a list of cybernetics and other upgrades planned, a bunch of them won’t be as invasive as the others and won’t be outwardly obvious that they’re installed.
The MC will have had cybernetics upgrades installed before their death, and they’ll be absent when they wake up. Don’t need to worry about scars though, they won’t be a real problem for the MC, your looks can remain intact! :grin:

As for your speculation, I’m not saying anything! :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Well, whatever the case I’ll be keeping my eye on this one and hope you post a real demo soon. :wink:

Only a tiny bit elite officer certainly sounds a lot better than clone trooper mook. In fact the implants the mc had before their “death” actually sound like a measure to prevent the Empire’s Preatorian officers from getting coup happy, like they occasionally did in the Roman empire. :thinking:

5 Likes

I love this idea. It kind of gives star wars Vibes with the empire and the mc sounds a bit similar to a clone Trooper.

5 Likes

Just a quick little poll to discern interest in some simple story premises, hopefully for use in a fun little side project. There’s deliberately not much detail to these as the idea is for the stories to grow organically.

Which story premise(s) gets your juices flowing?
  • You are an outlaw who has just fled a train after grabbing the wrong suitcase
  • You walk into a room for a job interview. But you don’t remember applying for it and have no idea how you got here
  • You wake up in a mysterious chamber and a disembodied voice asks you to pick any power you want
  • You had known your best friend for 25 years, when their secret changed everything.
  • Why is everyone looking at you so much? Is there something wrong my clothes? My hair? My face?

0 voters

3 Likes

why do all of them sound so interesting-

4 Likes

Reserve your judgemet for when I’ve written more than 10 words for each!

2 Likes

well shoot now I want to know the secret O-O

1 Like

Child of Death.

“Even in a world of magic, you’re not normal.”

You.

Magic is commonplace in your life, people have been training with magic for eons, if only you were a little more commonplace. Some say that death purposefully forged a monster, that death purposefully forged you,

Because even in a world of magic, you’re not normal, that fact is obvious. Maybe it’s the claws for hands, or the black eyes or even the shark like teeth, you just know one fact; you aren’t usual.

People whisper when you pass them in the street, children scream when you lower your hood, even babies cry when you remove your gloves. If you were so good at scaring, then why not use it? And so you became an assassin.

You stayed in that lifestyle for half a decade, until death walked into your living room, plonked itself on the sofa, and ordered you to go on a quest. Your objective? Kill the only other mutant in existence, which would be easy if they weren’t just shadowy legend.

But you can’t ignore death, because when death comes knocking, even you must answer the door.

Explanation.

THAT was a messy blurb, all over the place, I know, I’m trying to fix it up.

But basically, the story’s set in a magical world, it incorporates modern and old items. Like people still wear cloaks and run around with daggers, but nobody judges if you wear jeans or have a gun. Still, iPhones + devices aren’t invented.

Anyway, the MC is going to look mutant-ish, that thing might be able to be fixed by the end of the book with some magical hoohaa, but for the most of it, they’re going to have the sharp teeth, claws and black-eyes.

I probably won’t ever act upon this idea, because it’s weird and confusing, but I just shoved this out of my brain.

RO's

The Mysterious Mutant You’re Supposed To Kill. – M/F
Not a smart move, but who wouldn’t want to romance a mysterious mutant?

Death Itself. – M/F
I mean, okay.

That One Hot-headed Chick Every Story Has. – F
Self-explanatory.

Awkward Guy, Probably Likes Cats. – M
Also self-explanatory.

[ I’ll add more info for the RO’s later, this is just a lazy effort to be honest. ]

41 Likes

I’m interested! the blurb seems quite interesting (i don’t think I’ve seen a story w/ a mutant MC yet), and who wouldn’t want to romance Death? (or another Mutant or you get what i mean)

4 Likes

We play as a mutant with claws you say? Welp, guess it’s time to channel my inner wolverine

4 Likes

I was thinking of Wolverine when I wrote about the claws, what a strange coincidence.

5 Likes

Ghosties (thinking of adding a colon and a subtitle if its not catchy enough)

Your birth punched a hole in reality, made the Ghost Sun, and nearly ended the civilization. You are the first and most powerful medium in a world torn by war and disaster, bound to a entity from another plane of existence. You call them Indigo, or Inky for short, and with them you are arguably the most powerful human alive. Unfortunately that means the Atlantic Alliance, fighting with the Kaiser for the last scraps of Old Europe, needs you for the war effort.

Piece your life together, in anachronistic order, as you decide who you will be, and who you will fight in the post-apocalyptic, supernatural, dieselpunk alternate universe. Will you find someone to fight along side you? Will you join in battle, in the mud, and grime? Or will you rise above humanity, to become something more wonderful, or more terrible? Or will you even survive, as your own memory and existence is shredded apart?

20 Likes

WoW damn holy Devils…

5 Likes

in a good way I hope!

3 Likes

This sounds like an interesting idea @TheMorrigan

2 Likes

Thank you! I should (hopefully) be getting the first update out in a week or so.

2 Likes

Cool, G’Luck with the writing

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Recommended WIP’s: Consolidation Thread

Hi I have a question and I don’t know where I should ask it, so I went here. Don’t know if I shouldn’t have ://

It has to do with relationship stats. I have a character with a number in their name, so when I go to set the percentage it reads the number in the name like the percentage

Kinda looks like this: *create Number 3 50
And because there’s two numbers it reads as an error. Do you know how to fix it??

1 Like

I’m working on one, but it’s a made up game, basically American football, meets Keep away, meets Rugby. It will follow your high school career, then college, and then pro. Feel free to message me and I can help you plan it if you have never coded before.

3 Likes