Interest Check Thread

Thank you for the clarification. Based on the information available, I voted for “Hero Hunter’s Guide”, but I would be swayed towards “Threads of Fate” if there were a strong connection to the gods, such as accessing their magics and abilities, or perhaps summoning them as avatars.

2 Likes

You do play as someone with a strong connection to the gods, and you do have access to magic later, but summoning them isn’t possible. You do get to meet them though… and travel around the different realms connected to the world tree.

4 Likes

I’m really big into Norse mythology and would love to see a Norse game. How much do you know of their mythology?

1 Like

I’m no expert, but I have been doing my duty to research as much as I can so I have a lot to work with. Of course, the story won’t be to the T with the mythology not only do want some creative freedom, but I don’t want to bog the player down with too much lore to the point where they have to stop and google some things.

1 Like

I agree we need more mythology stuff from more cultures but the warrior worship puts me off. I kind of like Loki though but that’s probably because he has shape shifting and is a mischief god.

That reminds me: Coyote and his pantheon need more love.

1 Like

So this probably won’t end up affecting anything, but I do have a general curiosity about what sort of setting people would be more interested in:

(Giving the barest minimum of detail here)

Space fantasy: something like destiny or shadowrun (if shadowrun had space travel) sci-fi and learnt a co existing with obviously fantastical and magic elements

WW1ish fantasy: not set during the First World War, just a world at that level of technology alongside fantastical and magical elements

• Space Fantasy
  • WW1ish Fantasy

0 voters

1 Like

So War Party is about a you the main character alongside their sister in Cephra’s army “The Current Demon Queen”. Your character will explore the Forbidden territory in search for your missing Father while also going to battle with different countries. Fight Necromancers/ powerful organizations. Conquer major cities/Trade. Learn Martial Arts from beast-man War Brigade Learn The Ancient’s secrets.In this you will either gain allies or enemies from the six kingdoms Elf’s, Beast-man,Ogre,Humans and from your fellow demons.

As of right now I don’t want to give to much away. Right now any feedback would be very much appreciated.For example any idea’s for Romance, Story Progression and Character Development. I’ll release the Demo once I get to 20,000 word count.I’m looking at long term so I really want to write an immersive plot and setting.

Completion:15%
Word Count So Far (including code): 12,787
Ro’s: Cephra, Six, Jerall

5 Likes

I’m interested. Any more information you can give? Character outlines, mechanics?

1 Like

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a story idea I’ve had for a while. It’s kind of a detective story based in a boarding school which is quite isolated. The main character would be a teenager, who, during some sneaking around, found something suspicious.
The would be 6 other characters (3 boys, 3girls). i think there would be 5 LI’s, and 1 best-friend character (which you choose out of the 6). Let me know if you guys would be interested in it!

7 Likes

Like a vanilla or mundane mystery? Or is there something you aren’t saying?

1 Like

There’s plenty of subject matter to explore in a mundane boarding school detective story. Other students, teachers/school staff, college prospects, sports, cliques, parties, etc. It all depends where you draw the line.

1 Like

If only i know how to write, have maximum knowledge about grammar, is fluent in English and also has basic knowledge on how to write in ChoiceScript.

1 Like

I know but most writers don’t seem to explore very far in the mundane stuff… or they flub something. History, how other jobs work, how debts work, etc. even when they tried to be accurate they catastrophically slip on something.

1 Like

I would be very interested if the mystery is a murder amongst students

1 Like

I do enjoy fantasy, and sci fi especially but when the two mixed it becomes messy of sorts. Perhaps its because I’ve had little exposure to that combination or maybe its because the authors mixing too many things together and it becomes a jumbled mess. It can be done right if the magics system was explained well and works within the limitations of the technology present in the story

Anyways its most likely the former, though I would love too see someone attempt it with grace.

1 Like

Well I’m not too far in developing the story (and I don’t want to give much away) but the idea is that the character would have to juggle relationships, homework, future plans while also investigating something in the school. The Mystery would not be based around a murder (although it will have some effects in the story).

1 Like

I would be pretty interested in this game! More information about the universe you have set your story in will be good to build an understanding too of this world too. E.g. how are current relations with the demons and elves, where are they located in relation to each other.

1 Like

Slice of life/supernatural romantic comedy?
…You’d also be able to skip out on the romance part, if that’s your thing.

You’d be playing a newly turned vampire or werewolf. Your roommate (somehow) manages to track down a support group of sorts for other supernatural creatures, and you figure it won’t hurt to check it out. From there you’d be learning about your new ‘condition’ making friends (and moooore :smirk:) with those in the group and helping them deal with their own issues while dealing with yours, tracking down your sire, ect.

A few of the characters (and romance options) you’d come across (while trying not to give much away either):

Sam (you pick the gender) [human]: Your roommate. A frequent sufferer of ‘headaches from hell’ who deals with them by getting high. A friendly, chill, supportive goofball and master snack maker. They work as a night janitor. Asexual but super down for smooches, and an A++ cuddler.

Kyle Bedford [incubus]: The one who founded the group. A relaxed, polite, empathetic, and friendly man with a great handle on his situation. He works as a History teacher at a middle school. (A job he utterly adores.)

Dawn Mercer [ghost]: A young woman who died in a hit-and-run six years ago. Despite the time gone by, she still doesn’t know how to do all that much which “… is sorta…embarrasing…” A little shy and nervous but eager to see what she’s capable of.

PLUS…I don’t know. I have four more planned currently.

16 Likes

Sounds interesting, but I just have two question: What are all Supernatural ro’s you have planned?Also is becoming a werewolf or vampire the only two options or will there be more?(because a Ghoul mc is something interesting you could explore, but that’s up to you it’s your interest check wip after all)

1 Like

Currently vampire and werewolf are the only options. Miiiight open that up more later but currently those are it.

Other RO’s: Iris, an aggresive half-dragon lady. (She has her reasons.) And Coira, an upbeat Selkie girl that works at a convience store by the beach.

The last two RO’s I’m still…shakey about. They haven’t developed personalities as well as the rest have, and are as such very possibly going to change. Them being a merman and a snarky, grumpy ghoul.

2 Likes