Interest Check Thread

Of course it’s for you anyways good luck!!

3 Likes

I decided to try to pick a topic before I actually do work, but all the subjects have been chosen, in one way or the other.

I’ve decided to let others decide for me, so…

Can you guys and gals pick a genre or subject?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @DepressedTaco I moved your thread over here because there’s lots of people on here who have ideas but not the knowledge to make their own game, and because if there’s going to be anything developed, it might just end up as an interest check anyway.

As an aside, I would still personally suggest that you write something that you have come up with yourself, regardless of how many times a genre or subject has been done, as no two stories will be the same, and because you’re more likely to feel more passionate about something you came up with.

7 Likes

Post apocalyptic, high fantasy? No ones done that yet.

2 Likes

It is best if you plan a first story about something you have experience with. As it seems sport related choice of games are a thing many people are happy about, and there is a good possibility of being unique, since there have not been that many made until now. And if you have played the sport itself it should give enough insider knowledge to make it realistic.
Another thing that brings readers is having Romances in your game. There are people( me included) that will play almost every game as long as it has romance^^
Not having a genderlocked char also helps, since genderlocking always leaves some people hanging.
There has been a thread around too, in which people shared their ideas for stories, for others to use.

3 Likes

Doomsday on Demand 1 and 2 , Highway Wars

1 Like

I think it (the ”post apocalyptic, high fantasy” Shadyaddams said) meant a combination of post-apocalyptic and high fantasy.

2 Likes

Sounds really interesting :blush:

2 Likes

Someone can please explain me what “heavy/detailed lore” means?

3 Likes

It usually means, that the world building is detailled. That there is a lot of Background information, own races or countrys and such things

4 Likes

Oooo, I like the idea! I do have one question, though. Will the MC be ‘paranormal’, like the ROs or will they be a regular human (I just really like playing non-humans, ok?).

3 Likes

What are the genders of the ROs? In which time period? Do we get to choose our race?

I still have a few more questions but for the sake of this thread I will safe them for the time you have your own. But for real I love the Idea! I love romance and Highschool let alone both! Also lore heave worlds tend to be really interesting. So I’m really excited for this project. Good luck!

4 Likes

Yeah I meant a combination of both :blush:. Like the shynara chronicles meets the 100. Or a weird twist of a magical zombie apocalypse with some fantasy races.

3 Likes

can we choose the ROs gender individually, how much of them are male and/or female and not split 3 males and 2 females or vice versa, but 4 and 1 (or something like that :confounded::rofl: idk how to explain it better sorry)?

2 Likes

Dibs on being a shifter!

3 Likes

speaking of Shifters, are what can they trun into? just animals? other humanoids? do they have a limit on what they can become? or can they beome anything?

3 Likes

What about the other rasces and there powers?

2 Likes

Umm I looked it up @whisper and it didn’t work, all that showed up was someone asking you if you’re a cat or a dog person. Ohhhh! Never mind I found it!!! Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Tandra!

You might know me from The Odessa Dating Games or just floating around on the forum. I’m here to bounce an idea that came into my head one day in the shower (the best place for game thoughts! :laughing:)

In a not so distant future, everything is perfect. World hunger is no longer an issue, cars are just about obsolete and poverty levels around the globe are in single digits.

Recycling levels have never been higher and people have never been happier…except for you.
Years ago, you helped issue in a golden age for Earth as a superhero. Sure you’ve had your fair share of fighting villains, saving people from burning buildings, and more, but 10 years after your prime, you’ve gotten, to be quite frank, bored.

All your arch nemesis’ have either died, gone into teaching or settled down into a crime-free life with their families. The heroes you used to fight alongside with have gone into hiding, started businesses or set their sights on public office and in many cases, won.

Well, what about you? Ten years later, you decide that you’re bored of being bored because everything’s so perfect around the world. So, you do the only thing you can think of: become evil.

In this game, you’re a former superhero bored with how perfect the world is, so you decide to undo everything. You decide to become a supervillian for one reason and one reason only: you’re bored. You can choose to stay somewhat true to your heroic roots, or perhaps, actually become truly evil. You’ll reach back out to friends and foes young and old, attempt to disrupt the new world order and maybe, just maybe, find that spark you’ve been missing. You might even find that you’re not the only person or group who also feels this way…

So, let me preface this by saying that I AM NOT ABANDONING THE ODESSA DATING GAMES. That’s my first-born and I’m seeing her through until the end, trust me! But, I’d love to get an interest gauged on this idea, as this might be the next thing I work on.

Some questions I'm sure that are to be asked:
  • RO’s: TBH, not sure if this game will have them. I don’t even have the idea of NPCs yet, but I have entertained the thought of you having a family, kid, etc. and trying to juggle your home life and budding criminal life. So, right now, RO’s are up in the air, but likely to come.
  • Inspiration: I always love flipping things around and doing things outside of the box. Superheroes and villains always have some big motive or tragic event to get them to act the way they do, but I love the idea of somebody just being like…everything is too perfect and I hate it! Plus, I also want to play around with the idea that while a world might be close to perfect, it’ll never truly be perfect. Loosely inspired by Fallen Hero and the Heroes Rise series as well, but this game probably won’t be that technical.
  • How will this game be different than other superhero games on COG/HG? Well, for starters, you’re becoming a villain just because you’re bored. That’s it. There’s no tragic event, no death, nothing but your selfishness and boredom. We could all use more games to be completely selfish in, right? You can play anywhere on the scale of “I’m really doing this until I’m bored of this too” to “I can’t believe I was ever a hero because being evil is fun” to “I’ve always hated being a hero, now I can be my true self” and everywhere in between.

Currently untitled, but I’d love to know what y’all think! I’ll answer anymore questions you have as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

30 Likes

I’d love to see a more light-hearted approach of this. I don’t care with all those grimy realistic theme many games have shown. In fact, let the police and army surround my hideout and thought that they finally got the greatest villain in the existence, only for me to press the button and fly away to the moon with my entire hideout!

6 Likes