I want to know how many non-native English Speakers love these games!

It’s a good thing to see another Indonesian.

I’ve read HG since long, my first was, The Great Tournament. It’s what brought me to the CS community, I even play it for several times to have different outcome.

I’ve also begun to write my own IF, it’s still on demo. I’m also having troubles with grammar and everything. But, one thing is, we can only moves forward. So try things now, you can fail and succeed. Well for me it’s fail, for now. But, I’m still keeping it on and learn it on my way.

If you still feel not too confident, try writing it in Indonesian language and change it later, plus editing. Good luck!

1 Like

I’m Brazilian and I love these games and this community. I’ve been following them for a long while and I’m glad to see how far cog has come. My first game was Creature Such As We and I got fascinated with IF games that in my time just existed in paperback and didn’t have that much in choices regarding personal character building. Also, they helped me a lot when I was studying English.

6 Likes

Hello orang Indonesia! I don’t speak bahasa well enough to write a whole game in Indonesian but there’s usually an Indonesian character and/or some place names that are also Indonesian words. Every so often a reader tells me they’re Indonesian and it makes my day!

6 Likes

I’m Hungarian (don’t let the username mislead you). I’m a big fan ever since I discovered CoGs and HGs on the playstore. That happened around 2015.

I like that these give me more control than regular books and non-rpg games. Also while I also like games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Baldurs Gate, Kotor etc. I like to use my imagination (which is why I prefer books over movies).

1 Like

Indonesian, my first game is zombie exodus and my favorite is the infinity sea series

2 Likes

I’m a native Chinese as well! I would love to make your acquaintance, Blackeyes! Perhaps provide a qq or wechat account for us to talk about these lovely games in private? I know exactly how you feel; it’s been terribly lonely as the only one in my social circle to know and absolutely adore the games on this site!

I stumbled upon CoGs by accident. It was in the eighth grade, if my memories don’t fail me. I remember downloading Heroes Rise for a long plane ride, then falling completely head-over-heels for the story and characterization. Then I began playing CoGs by the handful; they are what kept my spirits up during my darkest days of junior high, high school, and now university. (Part of my reason for minoring in English is to complete my own IF! It’s on the bucket list :smiley: )

My favorites are Choice of Robots (I wrote a mini-essay on Chinese social media about it lol, but still failed to turn my friends into fellow IF fans), Tally Ho (I simply can’t get enough of Rory!), Fallen Hero, a Study in Steampunk, Evertree Inn, and the Grim and I. Fave WIP is definitely Shepherds of Haven <3

In hindsight my trek into CoGs/HGs seems only natural, as I’ve always enjoyed reading choose-your-adventure books. Still, I am ever so grateful for all the colorful and immersive worlds these games created, and look forward to being lifelong companions.

7 Likes

Awesom!!!
A Chinese!!!
GOOD!!!
Of course ,i will send you my qq and wechat! SOOOOO Nice too meet u !!!

I’m Korean! I literally have an addiction for these games. Wrote some wips too.

6 Likes

My native language is French but I’m not from France but Oceania.

I feel you everyone who feel lonely in loving these games. Few people in my country understand English well :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’m from Iraq, Arabic is my native language and l love those games so much :heart_eyes:.

2 Likes

Finnish here

2 Likes

Im from Chile and I really wold like some games in other languages, but I can’t deny that my english has improve greatly because of these games

1 Like

:+1:t2::+1:t2:

I’m Indonesian and I love these games. My first game was The War for the west and my favorite is Community College Hero series.

2 Likes

I’m South African and yea I can relate to what yu said cos I’ve been tryna make atleast one of my friends to get hooked on interactive novels but sadly I’ve still haven’t found any but I’ll keep on looking😅

I’m a Filipino and my first games here before I keep coming back for more is the lost heir trilogy and the heroes rise trilogy, share ko lang :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Same I also stumbled on CoG accidentally on my eight grade, I’m a senior now, grade 11

1 Like

I’m German. Found out about this Forum and CoGs/HGs in general 11 months ago. Since then I was a sucker for these, reading every single one that was released. And it all started with the Infinity Series, which is my favorite. Breach was also phenomenal. But I had a great time with every story, and i’m looking forward to read more. I thank everyone who puts the effort into writing the interactive novels we love.

4 Likes

I’m from India. Typically you’ll find most indians on concentration games like shooters and RPGs.
I had a western education growing up so it helped to understand the IF and incorporate myself better in the community. The wholesome global-friendly community really helps people from across the globe come together and I think it’s one of the major reasons for the success of the platform.
My first IF was “The Great Tournament” and since then I’ve covered a lot of COG’s HG.
I try to encourage IF among friends and family. It’s an uphill battle but I see a few victories now and then.
A sincere thanks to all users across the globe to make it such a fun, productive and proactive platform. :beers:

7 Likes

I’m from the Netherlands and absolutely love the genre. I’m very glad to have gotten reacquainted with it as I remember being super fond of CYOA books as a little kid.

3 Likes