Highway Wars Releasing and Discussion :-)

I think you are already doing a marvelous effort in your story … it is both admirable and respectable for you to want to rework and expand the story plot :slight_smile:

Ummm… personally , i would like that there is an epilogue on how MC and the chosen navigator continue their life after ending (such as terraform land) , perhaps readers be given choices of either “marry and govern a city together” or "marry and continue to ride out together as Highway marshals to enforce justice "

if the MC chose to govern a city, perhaps he/she can appoint one of the warlord to become enforcer of its surrounding area ? :slight_smile:

I need a Gunner, but not the traitor ones… where can I find them???

1 Like

For me … i accept a gunner from the military, but they will eventually die before we reach the town, if you are planning to hire a new gunner in the town… then i will advice don’t because they will betray us no matter what , thus far i haven’t successfully made the mercenary gunner at the town stay loyal to me… :slight_smile:

Are there no other Gunners to recruit then???

I am afraid no… :slight_smile: our navigator is our most faithful companion

1 Like

There are some paths that don’t lead to the death of the gunner, but the second set of gunners will always backstab you if you give them a chance. However, not all paths lead to their death… when I was making the game I wanted to emphasize the dangerous nature of the 22nd century! Sorry if it feel a bit dark…

1 Like

I guess then I have failed to find out that route where the first Gunner is still alive after I recruit them.:neutral_face:

Sorry, I realised my last message was not very clear the first gunner will die one way or another, the second gunner might survive, though they will always try to backstab you if given the chance…

1 Like

I’d say it was a very good game, not A+ but a B+ or A-. (I translated that to 4/5 stars in the App Store.) For me, a lot of the appeal came from realistic consequences to reputation and honesty, and also having a sidekick who was competent and forthright. And I liked that gender played a role in potential partners and alliances (as it does in real life), without limiting the MC’s own personality or skill set.

That said, some of the points allocation didn’t make much sense. Why would having a marshal for a mother, with a militiaman father, make you worse at both close-quarters and ranged combat? Shouldn’t the coordination and reflexes that help you to drive also be a benefit, rather than a detriment, when it comes to gunplay? (It makes more sense as a detriment to melee skill, since that extra time driving takes away from your time spent developing strength and flexibility.) I tend to focus on the consistency of the MC’s story in each playthrough more than on side quests, MacGuffins, etc., so getting questionably-logical results from my early choices proved kind of irritating.

TL;DR: It can be a very fun game, but it’s best played at a slightly-lowered level of difficulty so that the silly stats board doesn’t drive the story.

2 Likes

Bug discovered in the current months: In D4_Attack_gangs.txt

*elseif difficulty_setting = “Impossible”
*achieve defeat_gang_alliance_6
*goto win_battle_description

Should be “Almost Impossible.” So I didn’t get the cheevo.

This particular bug is repeated throughout the various places where Almost Impossible would get a cheevo but doesn’t.

2 Likes

Is there a way to get both the robot army and the warlords on your side?

2 Likes

No … i don’t think so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. You can marry one of the gang bosses and then have them convince the other to sign on.

1 Like

Wait, you say that even if i have robot army, i can use maria to convince the other warlords?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Thanks for the bug report and sorry that it took me so long to do something about it (Birth of a Superhero has kept me busy, and I wanted to accumulate more bug reports before submitting to CoG). Anyway, just submitted the corrected files.

Otherwise, at some point I started to work on improving some of the endings… but again Birth of a Superhero just got on the way. I have some vague hopes of going back to this game and Tokyo Wizard and polish them both a bit more when that game is finally out of the way… hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks!

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to conquer all the lands

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I was a bit absent from the forums but now I have a bit more time. Are you still having trouble on the conquering path of the game? (on what difficulty level are you playing?)

I’m not having trouble anymore I did it a day or two after I left that comment. Thank you tho

1 Like

Glad you managed! Did you ever try any of the other paths?