Highway Wars Releasing and Discussion :-)

Double post:

After a significant amount of work, I have discovered that it is indeed possible to do the impossible - by which I mean defeat the warlords on Almost Impossible difficulty. (The Free Cities are impossible on that difficulty.)

The Basques’ willingness to fight for a beautiful woman will tip the scales.

1 Like

@Ramidel, yes, they should be getting a share of the plunder. So, if they don’t get some they should be growing unhappy (unless there is a bug?)

You managed to defeat the warlords on Almost Impossible? I have to say, I actually didn’t manage to do so myself, and I should know the game better than anybody (yet, I play as a guy, so I guess that i cant get the basques to fight for me… this is one of the few instances of RO gender locking in the game…

Indeed, the Basques are a massively game-changing advantage for female MCs. I get the feeling that perhaps General Galnares might also join an MC who gets a non-aggression pact for the warlord fight.
It makes a fair amount of sense for him to do so from a realpolitik perspective - if the PC falls there, then it destabilizes the region that he’s secured a treaty with. Whether he’ll help with the Free Cities could then be determined by the usual militia morale.

And checking the code, the only armies who want plunder are the mercs, the irregulars, and the cannibal army (which apparently never made it into the actual game?) The gang force (“bullfighter_army”) don’t ask for plunder.

1 Like

Hey folks!

Could anyone help me to tell where can i find vampire and robots?

1 Like

@Ramidel, will look into this for the next update, thanks!

@Diabolik, when you get to Magaz, choose not to rescue the engineer from the nightclub (for example by waiting for the following day to get him at the slave market). You will follow those who kidnapped him, which takes you along a complete different game route

1 Like

I Googled, and it was pretty easy to install Google Play on my Fire. No need to even root. Just a special installer, then you can use it like a normal Android along with the super convenient Amazon media downloads.

My Fire is filling up with CoG games. Haha. Looks like I’ll be putting one more on, tonight.

2 Likes

Wow! ahaha so easy to miss opportunity… i always rescued him :grin:
Thank you :wink:

2 Likes

the bandits will bring the engineer to the cave, so by choosing to follow them… we will find the Robot and still able to rescue the engineer , after that we can choose to return to Bargos? with him, stay and help the robot complete their activation ( to help take over the world), fly to mars and start new civilisation or visit Dr Wood the vampire mistress :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What do i have to do to meet Dr Wood? I have finished the game several times still i havent had the chance to meet her.

2 Likes

You don’t save the engineer in the night club, wait till the next morning and follow the bandits to the cave, you will meet the Robots (who only obey us the UN officer ) … then activate them to save the engineer , next don’t return the engineer to Bargos yet, choose to ecplore the robot base…you will eventually get the story about Dr Wood and there will be option to meet her in her concealed lad :slight_smile:

1 Like

Note however that there is currently a bug (should be fixed with next update) that might force you to die when if you win the fight against her… (Just warning, I’m aware of it and it was corrected in the update I sent to CoG yesterday)

1 Like

Can we save the first gunner from die from stepping landmine?
No mater what i did they always die in the end.
also is it possible to allied with Dr Wood than killed her?

1 Like

i believe the gunner is scripted to die…nothing we can do… But i think we can ally with Dr wood and turn into a Vampire, i read that we need high virtue…75% loyalty and serenity …but we just need to be a good guy

1 Like

You can’t ally with Dr. Wood. You can turn into a vampire, but then you still need to deal with the doc.

1 Like

ahh, that’s bad …

perhaps @adrao can give us more information about this ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing bad about it. You’re missing the part where Dr. Wood is a rampaging, psychotic animal who needs to be put down, not someone capable of controlling their vampirism.

2 Likes

I think i mistaken Dr Wood as Natalie from Wayhaven… Lol :smile:

1 Like

@Rultimate, the first gunner will die one way or another, it is meant to emphasize the dangerous nature of the world…

@Eric_knight you cannot ally with Dr. Wood, but you can turn into a vampire if your loyalty and seriousness are high enough However, do note that in the confrontation with Dr. Wood there is currently a bug that hides various options, so at one point you can be confronted with a choice with only one option (that will make you thrust the syringe). I have addressed this in the latest update, but it is still not online…

2 Likes

Is Dr.Wood a romance option?

2 Likes

I think No…

we must deal with her no matter what :slight_smile: There was a bug reported , it should had been fix so that we can have more option to “deal” with her, i haven’t tried that route yet :slight_smile:

@adrao mention we can only romance the navigator, Wida and the 3 warlords

3 Likes