Halloween Game Jam

There are other pages as http://chooseyourstory.com or https://infinite-story.com
Where you can write interactive stories without code knowledge. But I personally cheering you out to try out Choicescript. In a small story, it will be far easier to learn about it and you will feel proud of yourself. I will certainly try to help you if you part.

9 Likes

Same here and we don’t celebrate it here but I’ll try to help however I can

Oh @poison_mara forgot to mention I’m new to writing🙇‍♂🙇‍♂🙇‍♂🙂

5 Likes

Great until day 31 of October it is enough time to do a little game. So I am sure that people will do amazing stories.

7 Likes

Do we post the Jam links here to get Feedback per PM, or just a summary so that interested testers can just contact the author?

1 Like

I don’t want to fill the forum with threads asking for testing, so I think until the games are finally ready for the last testing beta is better people asks for help here and people send the authors pm.

6 Likes

Also, I think people can post their progress here, if they wish so. Kind of like the Writer’s Support Thread, but for the participants of the Game Jam.

3 Likes

They can in Both as both talking about our struggles and advances

5 Likes

I’m interested to see what constitutes horror for different people, might get a nice variety of stories submitted too.

5 Likes

You have roped me in. I have been trying to come up with a small project to practice my Choicescript coding with for a while now and I love Halloween with all my heart.

8 Likes

I will absolutely join a halloween ChoiceScript jam.

6 Likes

I’m sadly tied up writing my own piece so I can’t participate in game making, but I’ll be looking forward to reading what you guys make with interest :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Day 1 update:

Work threw a wrench into the part of the plan with actual writing, but I did install CSIDE. Haven’t coded in ChoiceScript in about three year, but it shouldn’t be too difficult to figure out again.

Brainstormed with my SO about the plot and setting yesterday, and I think we’re on the right track. It’s alright if it’s Halloween-themed not-horror, right?

9 Likes

Yup – the jam is just a way to keep creative writing happening.

5 Likes

Exactly as @Eiwynn has said. As Spanish, All saints festivity is all about love for people who died but we still love in our hearts. Not all has to be scary

9 Likes

This may be a dumb question, but must it be Halloween themed or could it just be horror?

It could be horror but is better if is tangentially at least based on Halloween or any other festivities same day All saints day and El dia de los muertos. You always can make events happen on Halloween or the protagonist work in a Halloween themed park or something possibilities are endless

4 Likes

Could just go for a horror theme and throw some pumpkins or banners around in the story perhaps? :grin: Little loophole there.

1 Like

I won’t close the participation of anyone for something like that. However, the public probably will down the vote if a HALLOWEEN themed jam the games are not Halloween All saints day or El dia de Los Muertos. Moreover, when it is really easy introduced something from that theme in any type of story just with flavour descriptions.

2 Likes

Might have to do a rethink in that case :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

For the ones who only want to try to participate like me. What is the minimum lenght, requirements, etc?

By the way, is there an easy way to count words when you have several scenes?

3 Likes