Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

I got this problem with Gladiator when you finish the first colosseum fight when you finish it it freezes and when I exit and go back in it loads and loads and doesn’t stop I’ve tried everything from to restarting my computer to trying to play it on mobile and its only for Gladiator I’ve tried it for other games and its fine any suggestions on what to do?

1 Like

Hey! Yep I was adding in some stuff and accidentally created a bug. I’ve sent in a fix to HG so please be patient while they update it! And so sorry for the poor experience :confused: thanks for letting me know though!!!

1 Like

Update is up! Just update your game. Thank you and sorry once again!

Will there be a continuation or sequel of this story in the future? Can’t get enough of this tremendously awesome piece of writing. As an avid fan of ancient Rome and Greek history, you have truly interpretated the ancient world and brought it to life.

1 Like

I hope there will the game was awesome!

1 Like

Holy guacamole @nauhziy, at first I thought I wouldn’t buy this game because it was not on steam but I did it anyway and… MAN it’s amazing, I love how much effort you put in the writing and the choices. Your game is awesome, pure gold! Thanks for your efforts. I’m at the party at senator Brutus house froze in place because I would like to go talk to Titus… but I’m not sure I should because I’m still a slave and maybe he wouldn’t want me to talk to him… no fucky it I’m a noble when have I started thinking like a slave? I have the fire inside me, they will not break me… ok, no I can’t go talk to him, what if he humiliates me in front of everyone for daring so much? Man, it would be so much easier if he was alone…I should just go eat with my friends, that’s where I belong now -> you DO realize I actually thought all those things in my head while staring at the choices? It doesn’t happen much lately I’m able to slip in character so much! THANKS for this game, thanks.

1 Like

Hello Nauhziy,

First off bravo! I’ve just finished your story it was exceptional I greatly enjoyed the “narrators” commentary as I played the story - it added to the fun and helped me slip into character to a greater extent (esecially the reminders that I am _not __ a super human (the mess hall scene)!

Regarding your previous thread about either writing a sequel or a new book I will selfishly request that you focus on a sequel first (or if possible both)! I finally got a “survivor” run through the game and managed to spare my “best friend” no way in HELL was I going to kill her - but it was brutal that our character while seeing the “plain band” she is wearing on her wrist doesn’t clue in that its her!!!

If you do decide to write another story first can we get a short story (to tide us over) were our character and her get a moment of peace together?

Finally, regarding a different book I’d recommend a WWI/WWII or Future military (low sci-fi also give you room to be “inventive”) setting as we have “Sabers of Infinity” which gives us a musket/low fantasy type setting.

In regards to your other questions:

1. If a disclaimer is provided I do not believe any theme used appropriately is “too far.” The key being it needs to be done in such a way as to advance the story and not simply for the sake of sheer grotesqueness.

2. Regarding how technical/historically accurate it is (assuming a historic period) I would say make it as technical as your history background allows for - but please do not sacrifice story/a long publishing delay over excessive detail - don’t want to write yourself into a corner either.

3. I think the story of Special forces officer Alexander Prokhorenko would make for a tragic but Honorable ending - plus a way to honor a modern hero (or, for a way for one of the MC companions to die/a story of the MC father and how he is driven to live up to his example). http://www.worldinwar.eu/russian-special-forces-commando-last-words-transcript-the-offensive-on-palmyra-25-03-2016/

Once again thank you for the incredible story! I am greatly looking forward to your future titles!

1 Like

Hello, I love your work for Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum and would happily buy the sequel too. Only there is a couple of bugs here and there. For example when I died and chose to try from the beginning of the chapter, my stat doesn’t goes back as the one before I died. (not sure if you got what I said)

Also will try your other game too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, also what if I choose to be interested with my best friend but decide it’s not best time to let him know?
Will there be a chance to let him know in the future? maybe book II?

1 Like

@Reymond896 @ILikeChoiceGames
Thank you for your kind words (; I’m looking into it! But I wanted to get Sir Yes Sir up and running first. I had a story arc in mind and I’ve been experimenting! What would you want to see in the sequel?

@Simon_Tremelay
Thank you so much for your support! Your message truly made my day :smile: Wow I’m amazed at how immersed you are!!! I’m so glad I managed to give you a great experience - just the way you describe your experience… wow hahaha that’s really quite incredible!!! Thank you for playing and thank you so much for your support!!! Really very immensely grateful :smile:

@chevivre
Ooh that’s awesome hahaha I actually got mixed reviews on the “narrator’s” commentary, but I’m glad you liked the (dry) humor that came along with it!!! Really glad to hear that :smile:

Well… I’m going to act like I didn’t see this HAHAHA. But yes I’m definitely looking towards writing the sequel! And with the short story… maybe I will release the demo of the sequel how about that hahaha. That said - not going to lie, school has been very intense, and it’s graduation season so it’s definitely going to take a while

I totally agree!!! I’ve been reading/watching a bunch of historical war books/movies and trying to see how they depict these scenes. And then again it’s one thing to merely describe and paint the scene, and a completely different scene for an IF to get the reader to take part in or be the victim of such scenes - and yet, not being able to do that might dilute the scenario. So it’s definitely a huge point of contention for me. And I’m still trying to figure it out.

Hahaha yes this is great advice, thank you! I think I do enjoy historical settings (was in the army for a bit so I was thinking a modern era type period would be good) Hopefully that experience can make the entire experience feel more authentic!!

This is pretty intense stuff. I was actually following some indie game which let’s you play as a radio commander - radioing in your commands and orders. I can only imagine what it must be like to be either the operator or the soldier…

Thank you for playing and for your great support!!! Very thankful and grateful :smile:

@Teo_Mona
Hey!! Thank you for your support and encouragement!! :smile: Hmm, do you mean that the stats reset? Or that the stats persist? Could you explain a bit more?

Hahaha hmmmmm. Well, not going to spoil it for you :wink: but hey, you can feel free to try and convince me to include things :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to reply (: As I’ve mentioned, I truly enjoyed the narrative plot of Rome: Road To The Collosseum which I’ve been constantly replaying it several times now in order to fully explore and get the best possible outcome of the story.

Regarding about what I would like to see in the upcoming sequel, here are some of the things that I can think of and bring up for your consideration.

1. Longer storyline
  2. More battle sequences
  3. More weapons available to choose/buy from
  4. Conversation and relationship with other characters more fleshed out
  5. Continuation of any romantic relationship from the first story
  6. More potential lovers/allies/rivals
  7. The usage of money on a more regular basis
  8. More activities during free time that either enhance personal skills, improve relationships with other characters, etc

I’m going to assume Julius Caesar will play an integral role in the next sequel of Rome and the Main Character will be heavily involved in it, should he got manumitted into the Auxilia.

And there’s also an interesting prospect of seeing the aftermath of the MC’s life after escaping slavery in Ariminium/Rome and whether he/she will face hardships along the way to get home? I’m guessing there’s no easy way of getting out of Roman soil and it’s occupied territories with guards and soldiers keeping watchful eyes.

Hi

How save taurus ? It’s elephant battle

Thanks you

@Reymond896
Hey no worries! Been pretty caught up with school so I apologise for the laggy replies!

Hmm I totally agree with many of your points. One of my biggest gripes with the game is the character development - I felt like I could definitely have added in many more conversational elements and help the MC understand the other characters better.

And yeah the money thing probably only started becoming important in the last chapter - added it in as an experiment of sorts hahaha.

Yeah! It’s a big inspiration for sure. It’s true that it’s very difficult to escape from Roman soil - after all they would have/would be going to conquer most of the possible home nations.

What would be the driving motivation for your MC though?

@rialta

So if he sacrifices himself, it means that you would have lost that battle otherwise - you’ll need to pick the proper tactics when going against the elephant :smile: You can get hints during the training phase - when they teach you how to fight beasts!

I wish we could choose the gender of our best friend. That being said, I bought the game a few days ago and I’m having fun with it. I’m gonna have to do a few playthroughs with different factions and skills to see which one is best :grin:

2 Likes

Hahaha thank you for your support!! How’s the playthrough so far?

Hmmm that’s a good suggestion actually, given the amount of focus and interaction with the best friend. Wonder if there’s a smooth way to include that choice hahaha.

2 Likes

Could you please consider releasing this game and sequel on steam?

I loved the game, but the lack of an ability to keep an easy save to go back to or even edit discouraged me from playing it the second time. I would have loved to try out every route you have written into the game.

These days I usually skip COG without steam release but I’m glad I didn’t skip this. I just hope it could come to steam.

3 Likes

The author has no control over whether it gets released on Steam or not. That’s all on Steam. Perhaps go to Steam and request they get ot on there?

1 Like

IIRC, CoG need to pay a fee for each game to be a release on Steam so they have weigh in which HG to release on a business POV.

An alternative would be to get it on the CoG website. Google Chrome has a feature where you could download the game from there.

Edit: Here’s the thread on how to do it:

1 Like

Would I be able to edit saves or load a game this way as I can do in Steam?

1 Like

I’m not sure what do you mean by loading a save. Are you referring to the situation where you could return to a point where you stop reading? If you meant that, yes you could and read the game code but I’m not sure if you could modify the game.

1 Like