From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

Well, mine is UTF-8 (checked just now), though after compiling this happens. I have no idea why.
Well, if I just make a simple c nobody will fault me…

Anyway, that error with Troy should be fixed now.
That guy gave me a headache today… grr

1 Like

Do not say that oo loudly or the kill Troy group will show up…

2 Likes

@Wraith And now the game starts at the beginning of chapter 2 and is the MC a guy called Jay Sinclair… I guess you messed up something before compiling. (and how in the world did he get a relationship stat of 100% with Crow?)

Facepalm
I forgot to get my own saves out. Arg, I need Coffee…
One moment!

EDIT: Fixed! OR NOT

1 Like

Take your time, Wraith. After all, you can’t rush good art.

Edit: That was fast.

Lol that was quick…I saw the post change and was like Oh Em Gee!

Ok, Now it’s fixed :triumph:

2 Likes

I’m a little sad about not being able to romance Stray with my badass female villain with sad past :cry: but hey the update was awesome I loved every added scene and can’t wait for more!! but please take your time and don’t push yourself too hard.:innocent:

1 Like

opens thread

sees the name “Glamor”

looks up, reads thread title and notices date

immediately back outs so as not to be spoiled

4 Likes

Wohoo, update, and now we can play as villain! :smirk_cat:

Some things I noticed:

I really like how you made it even clearer that Lucien is no butler XD (And all the other details to clear things up)

And for sure as hell it’s never going to happen when Crow is going to hang around his prot�g�.

Shouldn�t an outlaw like you run away from me? Given that I am not one of the nicest persons of this area?” you ask after a moment. – Btw…MC in this scenario is a villain, but as it seems not nearly as established in Kalathol as our nice thief so…it seems weird to make a point out how not nice they are…or is that because they killed everything that came even close to them? Anyway MC, never heard of villain etiquette? Ts, ts, Intimidation is only needed when the others don’t want to cooperate.

Who said you need some detailed plan for this? A thief’s a thief, and thus a criminal. – Okay, coming from a villain that sounds very ironic. :laughing: No real critic here, but MC certainly lacks some self-awareness!

What decides if Vine is on good terms with us? Just how we handle the thugs? …Seems weird as villain to drink coffee with her…

Also I love the outlaw sniper! She seems to be not on the villain side, but that certainly will not stop me from trying to corrupt her :imp: (Btw, does the first encounter already change something at the relationship bar, or is that hidden until we get her name?)

Also, pancakes! Aw, seriously, Lucien and Crow are the perfect fathers ^^ But it makes the prolog very long, too… With much info-dump, again. As much as like to know more about them and how MC’s life with them was…Maybe a little influence on how MC reacts to Crow’s and Lucien’s parenting would be nice, even just as flavor? (I’m sorry, every time you update my first advice seems to be “add more choices”, but this time it really makes the prolog very long >.< I’m that annoying person that tells you to spread your text better…)

Some errors (Maybe you already corrected them, I didn’t clear my browser history)

1 Like

Looks at Lucian, then at @Nathan_Faxon.
Well Mister, you sure need to do some explanation!

Nathaniel or Nathalie, Sammy XD

Ehem, back to the problems at hand.
Those ‘grave’ errors should be fixed by now, as well as some typos. Thanks to the community for that ^^
About the Prologue, I will think about something during the week. Might take a while to update next month, though, as the competition will start and I will probably have all my hands full with writing something there.
Alright, if I get a good enough story together from the chaos in my mind, otherwise, I will continue with FAWR ^^
Vine is a special kind of a cookie. One might never know what she’s up to in her mind, thus it really is difficult to say why she decides to talk with us… but drinking coffee? Have I done yet another mistake?! XD You guys shouldn’t drink coffee with her as a villain… meh, will need to take a look at it tomorrow.
About the rest, I will see what I can do there :wink:

2 Likes

god this getting so good am I love with this story

4 Likes

Sorry, sleep deprivation. Will change it…:sweat_smile:

Na, it’s fine XD
Got a laugh out of it, so thanks!

3 Likes

…I already changed it, and I will not change it again back (too lazy)… After all you anyway did immortalize it :sweat_smile:

But yes, I’m pretty sure that my villain MC had the same talk with Vine, when not killing the thugs…But I anyway have to look at it after I cleared the Browser history.

Edit:
Yup, when choosing not to kill the thugs, I end up in the coffee drinking and chatting scenario with Vine, no matter if villain or anti-hero:

And when killing them the game assumses I’m a villain, even while playing an anti-hero:

No, Troy I’m not! That’s the point.:angry:

3 Likes

Letting out a sigh, you rake your hand through your hair. This… went unusually tame compared to the most times you two met in the past. It might be a welcome change for once, but then again, highly uncommon to happen again. And for sure as hell it’s never going to happen when Crow is going to hang around his prot�g�.

You look at Vine, and how she talked to you the whole duration of your
talk. It’s not that you just now realized it, you stated it before; Vine
is not how everyone said she would be. Instead of her bubbly behaviour,
she’s sarcastic sometimes and she’s very unlike what a hero should be.
For starters, she shouldn�t even talk to you.

Something about Vine makes me want to punch her in the face.

Edit: I changed it to punch.

1 Like

Heh…might want to read again…there is a little underlay that There might be Not-Vine playing as Vine

7 Likes

choicescript_stats line 43: Non-existent variable ‘crowtext’

stats page error

I’m not sure if you mean it as a joke or if you are serious about it.

Maybe could you explain your point, please?