Final Monologue: A Villain's Journey (Thread Moved to Adult, Link on Post 450)

@koda You sorta lucked out with that combo! You will do well on this first set of missions, just based on how I rotated powers/skills/attributes.

@Elseguard Yes this is it’s own thing for sure, I just meant I am in a very familiar headspace when writing these scenes. That’s awesome that you made Doctor Doom. I didn’t know if he would be Tech/Peons/Robots or Magic/Force Field/Peons or maybe even some other combo.

5 Likes

Can’t say the same for Abyss; Linguistics did help but turns out Mind Control and Death Traps are on the same choice :stuck_out_tongue:

Also seems to be turning out that Abyss is really not all that focused on the domination aspect at the moment, even if it is his eventual end goal.

Also, are there any plans for eventually combining our powers, or a power and a skill? My fantasy for this character included the possibility of mind controlling people to force them to walk into a trap I set beforehand.

2 Likes

I already love my side kick. However, there was an issue with the name.

1 Like

Yeah so far I’ve done pretty good except for the last mission lol I had to use plot armor :joy:.

@Radiantbliss Thanks for the catch! It will be fixed in the next update.

@geldar With over a 100 possible power combinations alone (not even counting skills), I don’t think I’d ever be able to do that. I think I’ve made it about as complicated as I can handle.

4 Likes

Yeah that would be a lot of work.

I may end up dropping the death traps for something else. I think Abyss would be more likely to use potentially-but-not-necessarily-fatal traps anyway.

Thinking cold generation now. Being trapped in ice is a potentially-but-not-necessarily-fatal trap. Plus, abysses are generally perceived as cold.

1 Like

This is amazing @Eric_Moser, I love villians and evil ones… Lol I am working on an IF whereMC becomes OP and had to become the bad and evil one for couple of specific plot reasons.

The power dynamics are great. You are like a master when it comes to superpower stories imo :smiling_imp::kissing_cat::smirk_cat:

7 Likes

Love it so far!

3 Likes

@Empress_Nightmare let me guess…are you having a blast writing about that OP miscreant? :imp: :ghost: :space_invader: Oh wow we have soooo many ‘bad’ emojis.

@Shadyaddams Welcome aboard!

@koda Welllll you didn’t ‘have’ to! You just wanted to go 4 for 4! :grinning:

Next Update (set for May 6) will continue to focus on your “Early Career” Module, with:

1: The ‘job’ with your ally, 2: A MC upgrade scene, 3: a bit more MC customization (perhaps a choice for a costume detail or insignia, etc., for example) and 4: A ‘reward’ scene for those MCs with Legend Points at a certain level. If I get all of that done in 8 days, I will be very happy with my progress. And that would pretty much wrap up the 1st Module.

15 Likes

Thats fast

Okay, for this update, I was most curious about the breakdown on this choice.

Sidekick Choice - What did you do?
  • The orangutan is my new sidekick! It was an easy choice!
  • I shooed her away. I’m waiting for a better sidekick option to show up.
  • I shooed her way. My MC will mostly be a solo act.
  • I sold her for monies! My MC is legit evil and greedy! And I need more Funds for sweet upgrades!

0 voters

7 Likes

You guessed it… My only struggle to write is with the fight scenes that are long enough when thr main playable character can (one of the powers) can break a small planetoid at their best without any struggle…

I love when the main character is a bad or evil one or the story from antagonist’s point of view.

5 Likes

Our little monkey friend seems like a sweetheart… but I shooed her away. She didn’t fit my MC’s aesthetic and, really, aesthetic is everything for a good villain.

13 Likes

Why wouldn’t I choose this? I’m playing an evil villainous character… Lol although I checked the sidekick choice and ‘Barb’… Animated movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 has Orangutan sidekick ‘Barb’ :joy_cat::kissing_cat::monkey_face:

7 Likes

I sold the orangutan, hope it finds a good lair. A shame that I couldn’t repurpose the gem from gemstone

7 Likes

My villain is techmaster, i choose to keep the orangutan, i hope we can make her a cyber-oragutan.

7 Likes

@Empress_Nightmare yup I agree it gets trickier with higher power levels. I sorta made a mistake making the baddies in CCH a freakin’ dozen of the top villains on the planet. It’s really forcing me to write significant upgrades for the Speck kiddos. And yes Barb is very much a shout out to that (imo) very entertaining movie.

@rowsdowermobile There will be other opportunities, for sure! Presentation is key! It reminds me of Megamind’s climactic showdown.

@ZipZoop I have to be careful giving special rewards based on outcomes of missions because of how I’ll have to rotate the attributes/skills/powers being tested with each one. If I would have coded a unique reward for winning showdown #4 versus Gemstone, then essentially the attributes/skills/powers most useful for beating him would have become the “best” to have, something I refuse to let happen. In the next module, I will probably mix up different rewards for the 4 outings, but for the first 4, I kept the rewards the same (+1 Legend and +100 Funds for each) to keep everything balanced as players get used to the system.

@Reinaldo_Pimentel I did my best to imply that was going to be possible for Tech Origin baddies! :orangutan: :robot:

EDITED TO ADD: Okay, I am disappearing get back into work/writing mode. I’ll pop back late next week with more content.

5 Likes

So how long will it be till the next sidekick option? I was debating whether to take the orangutan or not since i was on the scientist origin, but eventually decided to sell her instead. Hope we get different species among the sidekicks

4 Likes

"I am beyond anarchy, hedonism, and morality. My purpose is simply turning gods back into men. I am the lightning strike that burns through the lies and tyranny with uncontained rage and truth.

-Godbolt

Linus Prawn always had a knack for tinkering. Ever since he was young, the man often found himself thinking about his next creation. His greatest one would come in the form of a device that harnessed the power of the sun in an attempt to produce a new form of clean, renewable energy for the whole world.

An accident led him to a discovery, instead.

The discovery of prime energy. Not postitive or negative, but the neutral kind that flowed through everything at rest.

Potential energy but on a cosmic scale.

An explosion that almost killed Linus ended up exposing him to a massive amount of this unheard of source, leaving Linus with severe burns all over his body, but also pulsating with new power he had to carefully analyze.

Realizing the risk of tapping into the energy without the help of technology to regulate it and protect his body, Prawn designed a special, full body, robotic suit that would aid him in harnessing it. Through heavy experimentation, the man learned he could gather the potential energy in his body and from the enviroment to move at supersonic speeds. Having almost died the first time he performed this feat, Linus adjusted his suit to be as light as possible while also protecting him from the forces at play when it happens, going so far as to install an oxygen mask inside his helmet.

Linus would heavily test the limits of this power, experiencing that in zero gravity or with no stationary objects around him to absorb potential energy from, he was rendered helpless. This would even apply to deep, open water with no floor or objects close enough to absorb from. Linus theorized that it would take a cell in space or a deep, open ocean just to contain him. He marveled at his own…potential.

Eventually, Linus would discover that moving forward or backward fast enough and with enough prime energy could transport him forward or backward in time, but this ability would come later in his life.

Linus Prawn began to have visions of what he could do. He pondered everything from petty crime to becoming another hero that the world would fawn over.

But one day, a hero failed to save the only person that stayed in his life after the accident.

And his final vision came to him.

He would design the rest of his existence in his mind, shaping it based off one desire: to expose the ones we call heroes. To tear masks and burn capes until he was dead himself.

Linus Prawn is Godbolt.

And no one is faster than speed itself.

8 Likes

This game seems fun from what you’ve made so far!

I love the idea of having one of those evil alien invader backstories, that in other stories always leads to the superhero defecting to Earth, but here, subverting it and fully supporting the plan. You basically never see that possibility in a protagonist, and I’m really liking the idea of playing it. I’m ready to be an arrogant alien invader.

8 Likes