Event Zero - WIP

Thanks so much for the feedback! I’ll start writing a heartless track, because I agree.

2 Likes

growls at code
I’ll check that out.

Edit: ew, I’m lying in bed and I already know what I did wrong without looking at the code. D’oh.

@fennec @The_Lady_Luck

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Aidan is probably my favourite even if I shouldn’t have favourites.

2 Likes

asking that sort of question about a nonbinary person or character is incredibly inappropriate. it’s as if you’re asking what “they really are,” and has no bearing on the story. they’re a nonbinary person. full stop.

2 Likes

Is it me or the MC is more like a side character for “Aidan’s adventures!” Not that I am complaining buuuut The true MC is the jawbone; have a problem with crazy cultists? Jawbone to the rescue!. Having problem with a Creepy ww2 guy? Hit him with one of our certified demonic jawbones! the team shoulf be selling those out, they will be rich.

2 Likes

There is a singular jawbone. It is, however, Carlisle’s weapon of choice, and he often passes it on to Aidan because he feels like Aidan is the combat person. Aidan is also team captain.

That said, the MC has a lot of opportunity to be very helpful in this fight. Granted, also the opportunity to screw up a lot, or to hide behind a catatonic teammate, but that’s the MC’s prerogative.

3 Likes

I really like the game’s premise, also the creepiness of the second mission. And all the MCs have really tragic backstories. Will there be an option to talk about this or will these backstories be acknowledged later on? It seems like a pretty big deal.

I think the characters are introduced a bit too fast. Although each character’s personality comes through loud and clear in the other parts of the game, the scene where you meet them gets a bit confusing seeing as all of their descriptions are given rapid-fire. It kind of makes it harder to tell who’s who, especially in the first scene.

Will there be another option to call Josiah out for being prejudiced? Preferably one that doesn’t get interrupted by Aidan.

The characters’ personalities do come across very clearly and humorously, so good job on that. The only person with the least(-ish) screen time is Jo Lee, and it makes sense, with her being the driver and all. But it does limit your interactions with her. Would there be other scenes with her to balance this?

3 Likes

Yes, as far as I know Zion and I do plan to do some more with the MC’s backstories, and that’ll likely include talking about them.

Eesh. I’ll have a look at the first scene, though I’m not sure how else to do it organically. I’ll give it some thought.

Yes, you’ll have plenty of chances to call Josiah out! Or agree with him, if that’s your MC’s feeling.

And finally, yes! An interaction with Jo Lee was one of the options for the post-debriefing, which as mentioned I decided to leave from this update, since I wanted to get it out to you all.

There will also be further chances at interactions where you don’t have to choose to interact with her instead of with someone else, so don’t worry too much if you don’t want to pick that option at that choice.

2 Likes

Okay, the double text bug pointed out by @anon8836198 should be fixed. I hope. And hopefully those extra linebreaks too, but I’m actually not totally sure on that one. ehe.

Other edit:

Last minute decision to change out one item of equipment offered to two backgrounds. This because otherwise a hidden achievement is only possible (and still unlikely, lol) if playing as one particular background. That number has now increased to three of the backgrounds.

1 Like

Could this maybe be because the game is kinda text heavy? :thinking:

I mean, there’s often a lot of things happening between the choices, and I can see how that could make it feel like the PC doesn’t really do so much.

it’s very much a personal preference thing, but I know I wouldn’t mind having more choices during each scene/case, even though I really like the game.

4 Likes

I, personally, really rather like that the MC is not the team leader. It gives me the opportunity to play the silent brooding type that almost no other game here gives.

7 Likes

Ahh, I’ll take a look at that! Thanks!

3 Likes

Yeah, I understand but he is a team leader not Rambo. He should be giving us orders and using the team to it fullest potential instead of going kamikaze on the paranormal. Does he have a death wish? (because I can help him with that <:::::=¤ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿) )

Well it was clear to me, that he has a chip on his shoulder and some serious demons to deal with. I think that will be the part we have to deal with if we choose to romance or befriend him. He definitely has issues, right now.

4 Likes

Ooo this game certainly is intresting and has a unique feeling. And it was nice to add the phrase ‘nuclear shadow’ into my dictionary.

(Although, I felt kinda bad when Aidan praises me after the first mission, even though I did absolutely nothing. I think I just stood there and didn’t even say anything lol. :clown_face: )

4 Likes

I’m really liking how we can play the silent type. Is usually one of my favourite archetype, but rarely I get to play as one. Plus I like that we are not the team leader.
I’m curious to see where it will go.

6 Likes

I’m so glad this came across

2 Likes

I mean, if he praises you, you didn’t screw anything up in that mission, which is possible, lol. I’ll see if I can program in anything for if you basically do nothing, though…

2 Likes

hi, sorry if this has already been posted! i didnt see anything about it so… when you try to use a flashbang on the bees a coding error pops up.

2 Likes

It hasn’t! do you have a screenshot or a copy paste of the coding error? D:

I ran a quicktest, surprised it didn’t pick this up D: D: sorry!