Eight Thrones (Working Title)

Should I be able to use the Judas Cradle no thats not painful enough.The Rack is better but still not painful enough hmmm…Yes after some considerable thoughts using The Breast Ripper and then Impalement is the best choice of maximizing her pain!

I notice that Player always comes in with comments expressing wishes to enact horrible deaths to characters.

@Reaperoa I definitely think it should be something hated. Why should I not hate an institution which seeks to keep a certain intersectioned group in power? Ignorance is merely a weapon its aresenal. Ignorance and the media. No, their two weapons, Ignorance, the Media, and Outright Denial. No their- Okay, I’m sure everyone gets the reference now.

I also noticed that he came right after I tried to make the point of what I’m writing is not supposed to be indulgent in such things.

@ScarletGeisha I’m not arguing about hating the institutions (you should know my own opinions and that I wouldn’t be making such a point by now). What I’m arguing is that the individuals, the common person who actually doesn’t know better, shouldn’t be hated on for not knowing. Most people don’t believe such things maliciously, but instead simply out of the fact that they’ve never been exposed to the actuality of things, nor do they even know that there is information out there that run contradictory to what they believe.

It’s ignorance, and ignorance is to be cured, not hated (again, talking about ignorance of the individual, rather than a wanton disregard for the truth by some organizations). You don’t hate a child the first time they stick a fork into a power outlet or toaster. They don’t know any better. However, once it comes to a second, third or fourth time, you start to get angry (and concerned with how many brain cells each shock kills off >.< ).

Specifically I’m saying that your average person (again, highlighting person) doesn’t just believe that women played a small role in history. They know it, because they don’t even realize that there is information which shows that what they know is wrong.

What does a woman status in the middle ages has to do with me wanting to gut her?

Also I don’t have problems with women(I am a commie and I am all in for gender equality) it just that I like the whole idea of torturing the people I hate!

The funny part is that someone has very accurately described my character:
‘‘You are our lovable but little deranged Greek Stalinist’’

I am an advocate of what people term “cruel and unusual punishment” for serious crimes and I still find your comments disturbing.

@Player You’re right, it was that I was talking to ScarletGeisha else where about the fact that I was intentionally stepping back from the indulgent side of a ‘grimdark’ work as I think she called it.

That last thing actually reminds me of an argument me and one of my best friends had about government. He said that a communistic system was best, while I said a true anarchaic movement would be best. Both of our points was that it was the most equal and therefore beneficial to the individual. Point being that, even with the same exact starting point, two people can come up with two very different ideas. (Ended up that I was arguing more theory, and he more practical. He conceded that at a purely theoretical level that anarchy was best, while I conceded that in practice communism would functionally be a more realistically reachable, equal and lasting solution.)

Also, no clue what that reference was Geisha.

Anarchy,Capitalism and lastly communism and all their variants want the same thing.They just want to do it differently!I am a communist only because I know that it is the most goal oriented ideology out there.

To Scraletgeisha “cruel and unusual punishment” isn’t enough for me ‘‘torturing and death penalty’’ is my stance.

1 Like

I’m an anarchist who believes that true communism is a pathway to that goal.

Also, I was saying that I find Player’s penchant for indulging in torture in a public space disturbing, and I am a person who believes in castrating sex offenders with a rusty knife. Well, I never said I wasn’t fucked up.

Also I play a rule a country game it is called nationstates.

Here is a link to my country.
nationstates.net/ctalnh

This game is a little linear. You could try to break the game up so it doesn’t feel like a wall of text with character building or maybe even a moral choice (what do you think of your father). On second plays, I don’t feel like the player would bother reading the intro (Well, if this wasn’t still a beta and subject to change). I didn’t like how there was only one choice, die or don’t die, but I did like how you kept with keeping the game somewhat realistic. I don’t mind the different plays for different genders as long as it’s not something like—The player gets raped, pregnant, and dies during childbirth. Although, the player can have repercussions for their actions. I don’t recommend any random deaths (whether from the plague or other diseases) of the player. Because I will not play if I die because of something I couldn’t stop.

Scarlet I think you are more deranged than me…

And I know that’s not a good thing.

But let’s drop this. The point is that your comments display exactly that kind of attitude in “gritty grimdark realistic” fandom which makes me squirm. Which is NOT what Reaperoa is trying encourage in this game.

I, on the other hand, have always been a strong believe in the anarchy movements (the actual anarchy movements not the kind of things people plaster as anarchy just 'cause someone decided to throw a Molotov) because I’m an idealist at heart. As much as I see the state of the world I still can’t help but think ‘people are better than this.’

Edit: Holy crap. I type one friken sentence and there are like 20 different posts here. Last thing I saw what Player’s response to my own. Geez.

So Reaperoa by any chance have you read Tsomski?

@Sovereign2Lilith I know what you mean about the linearity. I started with a huge amount of ‘scene setting’. It’s mostly 'cause I just slammed it out and barreled through anywhere I got stuck, so I didn’t ‘naturally’ add any choices. If I don’t change it up so that there are decisions to be made, I might throw in a ‘skip intro’ as you mentioned, although I think that with the way I write ‘dark’ scenes (scenes which include death or threats of it/other such horrible things), that much of the game will end up written out in such long page after page manners followed by bouts of back and fourth decision making (more in the style of a visual novel in that way, you know, except without the actual benefit of visuals).

The first ‘choice’ is actually intended to highlight two things. One is that the game is going to be fraught with danger, and the second is that horrible, horrible things are going to happen. Currently I’m pretty satisfied with how it feels.

It’s also the only instant death I plan on including. I personally hate instant deaths, so no worries about them. I actually considered (and still am considering) having the ‘no’ option be a ‘But Thou Must’ switch to yes, with a sort of ‘vision’ where it starts with ‘You see…’ and ends with the PC screaming yes in agreement, just because I can see people taking a first choice instant death badly (but then again I can see people taking a first choice as a fake_choice badly too).

As for the male/female thing. Let me clarify: there won’t be two different stories. There will be differences in the same story. The differences will be mostly like, as a female, having a broader range of noble with more access to power to seduce. Or, (assuming the PC is hetero or bi) when your leading military troops, having a reputation as a ‘anything that moves’ kind of lech (and you have to earn such a rep) will cause a mild moral drop your troops for male PCs (who see you as a threat), while giving a boost for female PCs (for, uh, shall we say obvious reasons). On the other hand, a lot of sex usually results in babies. Male’s have an easier time denying that a baby is his than females do. Denying your child is also a particularly evil thing and will cause massive moral problems (after all, if you’re willing to treat your own child is such a way, what does a simple soldier’s life mean to you?). As for rape, I will not be including it. Period. Sexual crimes are a very special kind of evil and I will not discuss them further here at this time.

@Player No I haven’t.

1 Like

Wait you are an Anarchist and you haven’t read Chomsky?

Ok I’m not anarchist or communist I’m more just more of a person who loves to bend the rules to get what he wants but I still like this game

So play as to different genders, that give to complety different POV?

Oh, Chomsky, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it written as Tsomski. I know that I’ve read some things about his theories on grammar (but that’s been more than a few years), and I do know I’ve seen him interviewed on a number of occasions and on a number of topics (where I recognize his name from actually). However, I actually haven’t had many chances to read many modern books at all. Hell, last time I got a chance to actually sit down with a book of any kind was probably my first year of high school. Not to mention that I don’t actually have the money to buy books now. >.>

@Rogar No the main story line will be the same POV, with differences coming from there.

Hey so he turn into a woman?