To Rule (WIP) A game about learning to

Not really 100% sure what I should put here. But I’m banging out a game now. I believe it’s gonna be something simple, straightforward. Haven’t run into any problems yet. But uh… Yeah.

3 Likes

So uhh any details on it? Like, who is the main character? Or whats the backstory to it?

LoL. Not really? The outline says something about a prince, becoming king eventually. Stuff of that nature. Honestly, I’ve played with the script and wrote a tiny intro. The rest is just outlining for the moment.

I know it’s gonna be a “male/only child”. I also know I’m not gonna include a “love interest”. From there… I’m still filling out the rest.

so its in a medieval kingdom with a prince and king, you should probably put the stuff you said there onto the topic description thingy

It sounds like it could lead somewhere, But I don’t like the fact you have created a thread for a game you have barely created and that is nowhere near having a demo.

I also think that by having the PC gender locked and no romance options is quite limiting, Only certain audiences are going to be interested, IMO.

Good luck though.

:slight_smile:

Looking forward to the demo. I have always fancied myself a tyrannical ruler >:D

The title sounds interesting

Everything i want is to be a power of evil! :dragon_face:So! Will be possible to conquer the world?

LoL. Dang guys. I don’t have any great ambitions for this game, so don’t get your hopes up for some homer-esq epic… and I don’t wanna give away the story, but lets just say… You’ll be able to rule in quite a number of ways. But I think the world would be out of reach for even the most influential, budding, ruler.

I think I’m just psyche about a game where I can rule a kingdom but with actual choices and consequences and such. Have you heard of lord of Aswick. There was a part in there where you could make important decisions about this town your lord over and such.

I want to rule! What i don’t want is to be a babysitter for peasants scum!!! This scums exists to serve me! Not to sacrifice my life for them!! Will be wars in this game?

Hey guys. Been a bit busy lately. However, I got a bunch knocked out today. I’m approximately 1/3rd of the way done. With something like 4-5 “chapters” knocked out. I figure it should be done in a month(ish), if I can keep up the motivation and inspiration. Anyone wanna direct me to how I upload a demo?

Demo? (Minimum characters required)

Yes… Someone (Wolfsra, specifically), said I should upload a demo, and he was a little concerned I didn’t have one yet. So I’m looking for some instruction on how to put out a demo of my first few chapters.

1 Like

Someone help him please !!!

Ok, i’m not sure how to get it working from the link. It works just fine in my browser though. Hopefully one of you guys can tell me what’s going on.

I can’t stop myself from noticing that you used the sample choice from the choicescript tutorial to start your game.
Sample

Your version

Are you sure that the CoG staff is okay with it? I don’t know if this breaks any rules or something, but it is worth mentioning.

Not a clue? I hadn’t really even noticed it. I kinda flew through the first part playing with the script, trying to figure out what the commands are supposed to look like, and moved on. Guess I really should have fixed that placeholder stuff. But meh? Somthing to fix when I do my first editing action, I suppose. Thanks for the notes!

If you want to get the game to open directly from the browser you need to compile the game with the compile file found in the choicescript folder. Then just post the link and replace the www by dl and change dropbox to dropboxusercontent. That should work.

I would remove that current link then check this post out. It has instructions on how to compile and post a working link of your WIP. :ok_hand: