Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

Yeah, it’s a toss up for me personally because Paul’s so much more manipulative, but I definitely see where you’re coming from there.

Believe it or not, I’ve got an answer for this one. Donated human blood is separated (I believe into plasma & red blood cells in one part, and platelets & WBCs in the other) and mixed with anticoagulants in order to retain freshness and extend shelf life. The vamps in my novel need the unadulterated version.

4 Likes

Hey @DenaFan, wanted to let you know that I ran through the blackjack game a few times this evening with a full deck of cards, but I was unable to reproduce the error.

One other check that I had running was the “card counting” perk where your advantage in the game shows a running total of all cards played - each deck came out to exactly 4 of a kind.

With that said, I have absolutely no doubt that I’d be capable of introducing a bug in that blackjack game, and even less doubt that I’d be incapable of finding it :wink: . So the next time this happens, if you’re so inclined, please take a screenshot - at this point that’s the only way I think I’d be able to track down where the error occurs.

Sorry 'bout that :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for your message, Elena. Have you ran a Blackjack check using the ‘Deception’ advantage of play? That’s how I usually play the game, as I find it the most advantageous way. But I won’t be able to produce a meaningful screenshot to prove if there’s a bug or not, this way.

Since reading your message, I did go through the Blackjack game again (via WarpZone, Chapter 9), this time using Honesty. It seemed to go without a bug (not totally sure) on that play. Curiously enough, Charles survived my MC’s ‘going clean from Xanax’ poisoning attempt. I was working with the ‘Model Prisoner’ profile. Presumably the WarpZone profile interfered with the poisoning.

I’m now awaiting my fanfiction website to see if a new category can be set up for my ‘Donor’ story. And, vampire-related, I have also played through the first three chapters of ‘Vampire: The Masquerade - Out For Blood’ game.

Did you track down Keith Melton’s two vampire books (by your old publisher)?

2 Likes

No doubt it’s the largest advantage. I can play through it that way a couple of times and see.

Fingers crossed… not that I’m super optimistic. I’d be shocked if anyone responding to your request has even heard of Donor. :sweat_smile:

Ugh I checked a while back, but they were only available as paperback and kinda pricey (like 40 bucks iirc). This is normally where I’d gripe about the author not having republished their work (either via self-pub or another press), but given what a PITA that is, and how long it took me to do so with even one novel, I’m gonna keep my mouth shut and just keep checking back from time to time :smiley:

1 Like

Hi again Elena.

Two things to mention:

1. Don’t know if anyone else has spotted this before. The Hints & Tips section states, that for the player’s MC to become a vampire, ‘Kill Charles in Chapter 8 by either starving or poisoning him’.

But, as I found out via testing, if Lenore/the MC accidentally starves Charles via the scene in the laundry room, there won’t be any victims left to finish the turning process on anyone (which is logical). Paul will try to feed Lenore/the MC to Charles - and even if Richard steps in and kills Charles, there’ll be no chance for Lenore/the MC to try to get herself vamped.

In other words, Lenore/the MC can only get herself turned if Charles dies from the Xanax overdose. Unless I’ve missed something?

1. And finally…, after several attempts for the fanfiction website to recognise my paragraph breaks… :smiley::clap:
    Diner, a donor fanfic | FanFiction

Please review as a guest on the website - but only if you wish to!

Kind regards,
DenaFan (alias Ravenclaw Midnight Blue)

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know about this, I’ll push out an update to the hints section this week!

AHHHHH!!! YESSSS!!! :kissing_heart: :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart: :star_struck: I AM SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!

I’m finding myself in support hell this weekend (glamorous life of a software engineer and all…) and your story will be the perfect reward for when it’s all over. :smiley:

@DenaFan, you are absolutely amazing, thanks again for everything :hugs: !!!

FYI, Diner is AMAZING, and I’ve added a link to it under fanfics up top!