Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

Yay! Appreciate it, @DenaFan !

I can’t recall where in the forum it is, but I read someone posting, cheekily speculating how vampires might be aroused in the presence of a lady at a (cough) certain time of the month.

If I’m understanding the context correctly, there’s a certain scene around the middle of Ray Garton’s ‘Live Girls’ which demonstrates this (with the protagonist infected with vampirism). Good book! I don’t recommend its belated sequel, ‘Night Life’, though.

1 Like

Lol yeah that topic does seems to come up from time to time in this thread.

:open_mouth: OMG you’re kidding, I have to check this out…

Yay! Found my hardback copy of the book.

‘OMG you’re kidding’
Ha! I wouldn’t have the nerve to invent the idea Ray Garton used in his story! The actual moment that Davey is checking out Casey is on pages 143-144. :vampire: :yum:

I see that the book is available on Kindle at low cost. If you read this book, perhaps the total number of erotic books you will have read will require a second hand to count on? Going on what I think you’ve stated, earlier in this forum. Not that I’ve read much many stories like ‘Live Girls’ myself!

1 Like

Still on the first hand, but running out of fingers! :laughing:

I know that you may of mentioned this already, but why did you make this genderlocked to female? Don’t get me wrong. The story is good, but to have the freedom to play as a male (like i am) would make it awesome. That’s just my opinion. Whenever i play a COG story, i like to play as a guy. And if its genderlocked, it won’t grab hold of my attention. The only reason i read this is because i like Vampires.

1 Like

The game is based on the author’s novel which was released before she began writing the game (I think?). The protagonist in the book is female, so the game is an IF adaptation of the book. I also think the author mentioned that the contents of the game is too geared to a woman’s perspective to make it work.

1 Like

Well, before everything fell apart (movie deal, publisher going out of business…) there was a third book outlined where the reader would get to see exactly what happens when the turning process goes south. Sam slowly turns into a bit of a monster under Lenore’s care, who – as you correctly pointed out – isn’t too keen on feeding him live victims and instead attempts to tide him over with her own blood. Lenore ends up needing to call on Paul for help, and that’s when she discovers that Richard is still very much alive (although he’s more of a husk with most of his body burnt away and spends most of the story being carried around inside a duffel bag).

Yeah, that’s what to be expected. Best he can probably hold out for is some kind of dignified suicide - if the storyline is kind to him, that is.
Thanks for the answers! Also, duffle bag!! :rofl:

1 Like

I played the game again a couple of times, but I’m not seeing where it’s possible to give Charles Deirdre’s bracelet (filed or not filed down).

Also, is it possible for Lenore/the MC to tell the old man on the street, when he asks if he can help: “Yes, please help me! I was kidnapped and -”? That option has always been greyed out when my character has made a bolt for it. I’m not expecting the option to actually change the gameplay, but am just curious.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Ghoslestat, that’s a very fair question. As @Fay mentioned, I felt the story was too geared toward a female lead to successfully/believably transition to a gender-choice game. Paul, for example, is very interested in using Lenore to lure kills back to the basement, which he believes is far easier task for women than for men. If the MC were male, Paul wouldn’t be nearly as motivated to keep them alive.

There are, of course, other reasons that I stuck with a female main character, but those are harder to justify without stepping into the minefield of “inherent gender difference,” which I prefer to avoid at all costs. :wink:

I hope that’s a detailed enough answer without sounding dismissive of your question – I’m certainly happy to discuss further if you ever want to DM me.

And even though you usually prefer gender-choice games, thanks so much for giving Donor a try!

2 Likes

Yeesh, I don’t even know if I could bring myself to write that… :worried:

Ahhhh… I seem to recall abandoning that idea because I was starting to feel as though it was already too difficult to befriend Charles without throwing another obstacle in the mix.

Nope, not possible. Greying out those options was intended to convey the MC’s frustration over being unable to express herself at that moment in time. In hindsight, my aesthetic choice there might’ve just been confusing… :confused:

Okay… Thanks, Elena.

Another thought that I’ve never got round to putting down: When the MC/Lenore is trying to sabotage Richard’s attempt to poison Charles, how come she just doesn’t write a secret message to Paul, stating 'Richard is gonna poison Charles with a cup of blood!" ? Is she worried that Paul will react so strongly that he’ll confront Richard - leading Richard to realise that his donor has betrayed him, and therefore he’ll kill her out of spite?

In game terms, I realize that it would probably open up a lot of extra work. But I just wondered. Might be something to add to the game, if you ever added to it! Another possibility I’ve pondered on, is if the MC/Lenore manages to escape, only to be apprehended by Paul (irrespective of if Richard is dead or not) is for a conflicted Paul to consider a third option to killing the MC/Lenore or letting her go, in order to get his peers off his back in dealing with a donor-turned-vampire hunter. It involves him calling for vampire backup and bringing the MC/Lenore to another location where six people are bound up, a knife, and a cup of Paul’s blood being offered to the heroine, as she’s asked to decide her fate… :grin:

1 Like

This is a great question, and I think you already guessed the answer. Lenore (at least the crystalized version of the character in my head) wouldn’t risk Richard potentially spotting her message. This would’ve been a phenomenal option for players channelling a braver version of the MC, though, if I’d thought of it at the time.

Ummm so I LOVE this idea. If I ever do add to the game, this goes in 100%. :wink:

I’m begging you, please finish the series I will pay you any amount to be able to read the conclusion of Elenore’s story.

1 Like

@littlegamingraven Is that a formal offer? :money_mouth_face:

In all seriousness, I’ll probably get around to finishing the series at some point, just got a lot going on in my personal life these days and it’s been hard to make time.

and :rofl: @ Elenore

4 Likes

It’s whatever you want it to be :joy:
Sorry you’re all backed up in your personal life though! I understand that so much. Hopefully it’ll slow down soon so you can breathe!

1 Like

Thanks. It’s just a suggestion. If the player goes via Chapter 7, Paul could say to the captive MC/Lenore, “I remembered your advice to me in the penthouse. When I’ve got sh**** options, create a third. Now, I can’t let you go, and I really don’t want to kill you - so please let me turn you - and then we’ll be hunting partners and real friends for…ages!” :vampire: :two_hearts: :vampire:

Hope things are okay!

1 Like

YESSS. :heart_eyes: I love it when lines of dialog come full circle. Where the hell were you before I published?!

Thanks, guys! No worries. Things have never been better. They’ve just never been busier either. :smiley:

2 Likes

What’s happening?

1 Like