Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

Oh, nothing all that exciting. Over the years I’ve just had less and less time for writing as I’ve taken on more responsibility at work and my kids have required more help with their studies at night, etc.

I feel like I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be in my life, though, so my writing projects will just have to wait. :relaxed:

6 Likes

@Elena_H

Me, finally playing the game all night before having a sexy dream about Richard.

My relationship always ends up being highest with him…

Then I put his eye out.

I will say, the ending where he gets home (we poisoned Charles) and accidentally knocks the silver out of my hand and then is like “Oh no. Looks like we need to have a talk” then takes me out to dinner :drooling_face:

I do wonder though, it seems like even with a high Rich relationship (I had like 80%), he seems like he’s always much closer to remorselessly killing you than Paul. Is it possible for him to truly like Lenore?

2 Likes

But it grows right back! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hmm, I would say that at 80% Richard does truly like Lenore, but he’s never going to confuse her for friend or family the way that Paul will.

In a way, this actually makes Richard the safer companion - he knows exactly what he is and is always aware of the danger that he poses to the MC. Paul, not so much. So although Richard might be closer to remorselessly killing you, Paul is a lot more likely to do so by accident.

2 Likes

Thank you for answering. Oh, how I have missed your stories! Great game, I played it through a bunch and then looked over the coding extensively.

I’d honestly pay for an entire game about Samantha’s life growing up because… yikes. Imagine sleepovers? Dating? College?!

1 Like

Thanks for checking back in! I miss my stories too :sob:

OMG then please accept my apologies. :grimacing: Not my most organized work…

I’ve actually given a bit of thought to that idea, but I still don’t feel like I’ve hit upon the right arc to make it fly. Her character’s almost better positioned for a sitcom than a full length novel (IF or otherwise). But I do have a growing list of story notes that I add to from time to time…

:eyes: Dark comedy sitcom ala Santa Clarita Diet. God, I hope you end up going through with it. You don’t even know how much.

Because Richard looks like Prince Charming and imma marry him one day. The boys at school don’t understand.

More organized than some I’ve looked at. It was interesting seeing how you did the minigame images.
The one thing I couldn’t manage to find was the scene where Charles grabs you in the fight with Richard so Richard doesn’t hit him. I was trying to figure out how it triggers, but I couldn’t even find mention of it in the code.

Who knows. Maybe it was all in my head. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m on it! Just as soon as Netflix returns my phone calls… :joy:

Wasn’t in your head, it’s just in the novel instead of the game. :wink:

The reason I reworked that scene for the game, btw, is that the MC’s positioning wouldn’t work for all of the choices I wanted to present to the reader. And it was a really painful tradeoff because I do like the novel’s version better overall.

2 Likes

Damn. Makes sense though. I did read the novels right afterward to get more of a fix (and write romance scenes in my head :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:, but whatever).

I’ll stop taking up your time, but hey, if you ever need someone to bounce ideas off of, my DMs are always open. Seriously. Always.

1 Like

Sorry to trouble you, Elena - but amidst the flurry of tasks, did you get round to checking out ‘that scene’ in Ray Garton’s novel, ‘Live Girls?’ You wrote that ‘I have to check this out…’ (Post #1524)** :yum: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can I read these romance scenes? :eyes:

1 Like

Lol. That would be hard when I don’t write them out. That saaaaid… I cooould argue that some of the endings in Donor come off like romance scenes. Namely:

Richard’s Pet ending. At the very end of the epilogue, Lenor and Rich sit watching TV together and she places his hand on her chest so he can feel her heartbeat.

That, added with the whole no shirt scene can certainly paint a picture if you look at it the right way. :relaxed: Which I do. Because I am in love with Richard.

1 Like

YES THANK YOU. Gosh I want it so much.

1 Like

Sorry to be checking in so late, it’s been a crazy week… :tired_face:

@DenaFan After seeing your reminder, I purchased “Live Girls” for my Kindle on Sunday night and it has been ROCKING MY WORLD – when I actually get a chance to read it, that is. Still haven’t made it to “the scene” but I’ll let you know when I do. :wink:

FYI @littlegamingraven & @FoxalypticWorld – There’s a fanfic written by @DenaFan where Lenore and Paul get together, and it is absolutely to die for. :yum: If you want romance with Rich, though, I’m afraid you’ll have to write your own… :kissing_closed_eyes: :heart: :vampire:

4 Likes

This game was such an inspiration. I recently replayed it, and you have a knack for horror. Hope you keep writing!

1 Like

Alas, I’ve already exhausted the web searching for fanfic :persevere: that one was sooo good I wish there were more!

1 Like

Look… That’s just because people have yet to see that Richard is a true romantic, okay. At least, when he’s nice to me, it’s because he means it. :sob:

5sxzuc

6 Likes

Aww thank you so much @Vexius_Krexius ! :relaxed:

FYI: Donor - Elena Hearty - Works | Archive of Our Own

AMAAAZING works by @Romiress and another reader who will remain anonymous since they messaged me about their story privately. No romance, but really amazing reads.

:rofl:
Don’t let appearances fool you - Paul might be slightly more popular in this thread, but if you could only see my DMs… Rich is the clear winner BY FAR.

3 Likes

There’s something to be said about the mean male protag. It’s such a trope. Women LOOOOVE mean fictitious men. And I am no exception. I only wish we got a kissing scene with Rich like we got with Paul.

But you know what? I’ll take everything I can get. I’m a sucker. I’m a fangirl. He would call me a freak for sure.

He’s literally the meme:
What would you say if I said I loved you?

• Sorry, I don’t date people with low standards.

Just me… rambling about a love that can never be.

1 Like

Good-oh! From checking my paperback copy of the book, I would say that ‘the scene’ will be about 47% of the way through the story.

One of the books that I’ve got on at present is ‘Dracula: Curse Of The Vampire’, which is a gamebook based on the ‘Dracula’ novel! Players can play as Jonathan Harker, Mina, Dr Seward, and Dracula himself. The author, whose works I’ve come across before, also includes brief appearances from certain characters such as a certain Carmilla, and Count Yorga. :grin: So far, it’s been good!

2 Likes

Romiress is so amazing. I wish there were more!
Esp bc Richard is the love of my life.

1 Like