Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

@FoxalypticWorld :joy: See?!!!?!?!?!

@DenaFan Meant to write you earlier, but I’m having another crazy week… I did finish Live Girls all in one sitting - once it got going I couldn’t put it down. As for “the scene” …I am literally without words. By FAR the most terrifying part of the story. :laughing:

2 Likes

Glad that you enjoyed the book! As a man, I can only imagine what Casey was feeling - aside from what Ray Garton conveyed in that scene, of course. For me, the most terrifying part is the sensation of slowly dying, which the hero experiences. The little critters in the basement are scary too.

Unfortunately, I don’t recommend the sequel to Live Girls. Mr Garton seemed to be more interested in his new characters in that one, and he did things to the survivors of Live Girls that annoyed me no end. He failed to deliver on the potential that a sequel could offer.

3 Likes

Finally someone with a little sense around here! :triumph:

2 Likes

@Elena_H Okay, time to be an ultimate fangirl, I guess.

I just gotta know: what was Richard’s wife like? Paul mentions he was always a mean person, was it one of those cases of a complete jerk being with the literal sweetest person alive?

3 Likes

That is the big question. Who was this woman that was able to land Richard?

2 Likes

Oooooh, I’ll give you guys my take on Richard’s marriage, but since I never actually penned anything, there’s no “official” answer.

Meticulous and obsessed with appearances, Richard would’ve been more concerned with finding a mate who checked all the right boxes than one he connected with on a personal level. So the woman who snagged Richard would’ve been:

• Beautiful
  • Educated
  • Wealthy
  • Socially Connected
  • Demure (read: submissive)

I imagine Richard said all the right things to win her hand in marriage, and then once the deed was done he promptly started ignoring her (not to be mean, that’s just who he is). For a while, they lived very separate lives – with Richard managing his various businesses and his wife running the household, fulfilling social obligations, etc. After time, however, he grew fond of having her around. She was kind, dependable, honest, and surprisingly witty (for a dame). And after a long time, he grew to love her.

Even then, life with Richard wasn’t the fairy tale that it promised to be. His wife would’ve had to turn a blind eye to various illegal activity, draconic financial oversight, and countless affairs (at least in the beginning of their relationship). On the upside, there’s nothing that he wouldn’t do for her.

Don’t like my take? Feel free to make up your own. :smiley:

5 Likes

Alas. Richard’s love of submission is our downfall. Neither I nor any of my characters could ever fulfill such standards.

It’s okay. I will obsess from afar. And probably come at you with a million questions I shouldn’t be annoying you with. Tell me to stop when it becomes too much. :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: In the 21st century, even Richard knows that the idea of an “obedient wife” is ridiculous/outdated. Obedient donors, on the other hand…

Nonsense! Bug me anytime! :relaxed: :hugs: :kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

What’s your next project? More vampires?

2 Likes

No vampires, but I did have so much fun writing IF that I’ve started on another project. That’s all I’m going to say for now, though - these days I have so little free time that it might be another year before I finally post my WIP. :tired_face:

5 Likes

@Elena_H Your Cog left a big impression on me and while I was watching a playthrough of House of Ashes, a UV wand is used as a weapon at some point, couldn’t help wondering how useful UV light would be to a certain pair of vamp hunters?.. My apologies if you’ve already got and/or answered this question and I missed it!

2 Likes

And yet, he was stuck with Lenore.

:eyes: I’ll jump on that when I see it. Now you know how many people wanna romance your chars, too. :upside_down_face:

Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

@FoxalypticWorld Thanks, I’ve been stalking this forum awhile. Finally convinced myself to “pounce” so to speak.

2 Likes

Welcome @Nudel999 and thank you! :heart:

Ooooh I actually don’t recall seeing that one here before. The vamps in my little universe are sensitive to UV rays, and will develop an itchy/painful rash after even brief exposure. Being caucasian (or, as I like to refer to it, “melanin challenged”), and somewhat irresponsible with sunscreen (or, as my family would refer to it, “an idiot”), I know firsthand how debilitating a bad sunburn can be. So I imagine UV rays would be a fairly effective deterrent, but far from deadly.

:laughing: She isn’t exactly thrilled about the situation either…

OHmygawd I’ve actually thought about introducing a little romance in my next project, but I’m still on the fence. If I do, I’ll have to publish under a different name! :flushed:

3 Likes

Just make it a fucked-up romance. You pretty much have the makings of romance with Rich or Paul, there just wasn’t any sex or… er… recuperation. But all the tension was there. I think if they had shown any romantic interest, people would have considered it romance enough.

I know I would have.

2 Likes

Is that really all there is to it?! Hmm… I’ll play around with the idea.

3 Likes

Yuuuuup. All people want is good characters who they can sex. There are so many ways to write romance and people crave it so much that, really, they’ll take anything they can get.

Hell, what you had with both Paul and Rich was arguably bordering romance. If they’d reciprocated any feelings at all, boom, romance.

2 Likes

@Elena_H Questions time! I took some time to think about it. Here’s a list.

1. In the ending with Samantha, when she grows older would she be treated more like Lenore (IE: the constant threat of death to control), or would she kind of always be a ‘baby’ to them.

1a. Would Paul try to get her to hunt with him? Would Richard even let him try? Seeing as Rich obviously doesn’t think it’s good for humans to do this with Paul.

1. How young is too young? Paul has mentioned 22 (can’t remember if this was only in the books or not).

2. Why does Richard hate Charles? Is it because Paul let him live all those years ago? Or is it just that Charles annoys him?

3. Has Paul or Richard ever run into anyone that reminds them of someone they once knew (excluding Lenore with Iris)? And if so, would it make it hard for them to view this person as food?

(almostdoneIswear)

1. How did Paul and Rich get turned?

AND FINALLY,

1. Wtf can kill a vampire? Obviously, if you cut their head off. Would stabbing them with a silver dagger in the heart work? I Imagine enough and repeated damage could kill them. From the book, we know broken bones take a bit for them to heal.

But is there anything vampires are inherently weak enough against to do more than irritate them?

2 Likes

:joy: Working late tonight but I promise to get back to you on these tomorrow!!

1 Like

Alright, let’s take a look here…

In my mind, once Samantha gets old enough to realize what’s going on, the vamps will do the right thing and let both mother and daughter go. Nothing changes a person’s perspective quite like having kids… :relaxed:

There’s absolutely no way Richard would that happen, even if Paul were so inclined. This doesn’t mean that everything is sunshine and roses for Sam down the line, however, or that she doesn’t eventually learn Paul and Richard’s dark secret - I just can’t imagine them ever pressuring her to hunt for them.

Heh, I can’t remember where that was either, but I think 22 is right on the money. Paul doesn’t want to kill children (for obvious reasons), or orphan or widow anyone for that matter. So he usually looks for young adults who haven’t really settled down yet.

Richard views Charles as a traitor to his own kind, and he’s disgusted by how far Charles is willing to go in order to be turned. He also finds it vaguely insulting that a bunch of “alt kids” have fetishized his very real condition. :roll_eyes: :vampire:

Yes, I would imagine this happens to both Richard and Paul on occasion and that it would make it extremely difficult to view those people as food. The solution, of course, is not to get overly familiar with your prey. :smiling_imp:

The reason that I never mention this in the books is because the backstory in my head is kinda over the top and wouldn’t fit with the overall tone of the narrative. But I picture a scenario in which a group of vampires locked everyone inside Richard’s underground speakeasy one night in a desperate effort to make more of their own kind. After several days, the only two members of that crowd to survive the experiment were Richard and Paul. I know it sounds like a bad slasher film, but I can’t help it - I kinda love bad slasher films.

Yeah, you could kill a vampire by stabbing them with a silver dagger if you hit a major artery - just like any living creature, they still do need blood flow to the brain in order to survive. This is actually one of the ways you can kill Paul in the game. Other than that:

• Beheading (which you already mentioned)
  • Starvation - this would probably take weeks
  • Drowning/suffocation - this would probably take days
  • Removal of the heart (I guess that isn’t too different from stabbing)
  • Poisoned blood - In the game, you can poison Paul by ingesting silver powder, although this being a work of fiction I’m not entirely sure how much would actually make it into your bloodstream. Something like silver nitrate, on the other hand, would probably be a slam dunk.
  • Fire - most people die in fires due to suffocation, in this instance the fire would have to do enough damage to the vamp’s internal organs to stop all blood flow, etc

Nope, just silver and UV light. I’ve always liked the idea that vamps are mildly also allergic to garlic, but it isn’t something I ever explored in the books.

Hope those answers made sense! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes