Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

Haha I had a feeling. That’s my favorite one as well.

And Paul doesn’t fall for it that easily. You need < 30 Honesty in order to pull it off. Kudos.

1 Like

Well I was playing a save from my unlikely ally play through, so that comes easily.

1 Like

Wow! I’m kind of happy, especially since if you hadn’t allowed Lenore to survive, there would never have been a sequel. <3

Ooh, I meant to ask you about that! Does he genuinely love the kid? It felt as though vampires in the story can form attachments, and I’m sure Richard didn’t mean it when he said he’d eat Samantha.

Yesss! I intend to read it once I’ve got a few different endings. I had to stop reading for a while because the characters started to haunt my dreams. This book really - and I mean really - got under my skin and I think that’s largely due to the writing and characters. So thank you again for the read! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rich and Paul genuinely love Samantha, but both characters tend to be a little accident prone when they’re hungry, so Lenore is understandably nervous about placing her child in their care.

No rush, the book isn’t going anywhere. And thank you for taking the time to read it.

1 Like

Yes! Last I heard, HG should be able to release it sometime this year. :crossed_fingers:

I feel very sorry for the dates she brings home when she’s older :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Huzzah! I cannot wait :heart_eyes:

Yes, oh my gosh!! The whole thing sounds super sweet

1 Like

Can’t wait this to be released on HG

4 Likes

Thanks @Margarita_Shepard and @HappyPotato :heart:

I’m looking forward to it myself :grin:

1 Like

Have the epilogues been disabled? I can’t read them anymore.

2 Likes

Not disabled, but now you have you unlock the corresponding ending first.

3 Likes

It’s here!! Congrats! So stoked to play the official version :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, @Jender :heart:

2 Likes

I have to admit, I had no idea that the game was being released today or I would have posted to the thread earlier… :confused:

So huge thanks to @Jender again for letting me know.

I suppose this means I’ll need to take the test instance down, but the original books will still be available for download. If anyone notices problems with the finished product, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Best,
Elena

13 Likes

Congrats! I’ve been lax on following new releases lately but instantly bought your game upon seeing your response. I’m glad I got to see it released.

2 Likes

Girl, I am a fan until the ennnnnd!!! I was so excited to see it published :heart::heart::heart: again CONGRATS you have a GREAT ASS BOOK!!!

2 Likes

FINALLY! I have already bought it.

I must say I feel like the release of this game feels like an afterthought than a game that has over 1000 comments and lots of fans. The author didn’t even get a notification?

5 Likes

Congratulations! Now we wait for Bait (game ver.) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just happened to check this out today after seeing it in an email from COG. I played a good chunk of it before dying, I found it quite engrossing. Just out of curiosity, how much of your original book were you able to graft into this game? Did you ever just copy lines from the book straight over?

1 Like

@RhysGraveDigger @Jender @Victoriya @Seri

You guys are the absolute best!!! Thank you so much for your support! :relaxed: :kissing_closed_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Thanks @Saracenar!

I was able to graft quite a bit from the original book in the beginning, but I found myself less and less able to do so as the story started to diverge. And now that it’s all said and done, I’m not sure that I’d recommend it. Writing IF is very different from writing a novel (in tone, tense, pacing, stats, etc), so I had to throw out or completely rewrite large passages from Donor to make things work. Other than having a solid outline (which I think is a must before any writing project), in many ways I might as well have been starting from scratch.

5 Likes