Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

This demo was desgined to do a lot of cheating. You can play any chapter and alter your stats before you play. You can also view all of the endings.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @PrismaticSpace @Victoriya @Anathema & @ThatsOk!

Please know that you don’t have to buy the game to feel like you’re supporting my work, btw. It might sound a little cheesy, but the encouragement I’ve received on this forum has been more support than I could’ve possibly hoped for. And I just can’t thank everyone enough. :hugs:

Also regarding cheats, in addition to the quickstarts that Victoriya mentioned, there is a hints/tips section you can view via the stats page that provides info on how to unlock just about all of the endings/achievements. And if all else fails, I’m always happy to answer any questions you might have.

Best,
Elena

9 Likes

How would Richard reacting hearing Samantha call him “Dad”? I mean, I imagine he is quite fatherly to her so it makes sense if she did call him that on accident.

5 Likes

:blush: I think Richard would be deeply flattered, but ultimately uncomfortable with prolonged use of the term (ya know, given that he ate her real daddy and all…). So he’d probably insist that Samantha refer to him as “Uncle Rich” and secretly cherish the memory of that one time she accidentally called him the wrong name.

8 Likes

How would Richard react to different men flirting with Lenore (Roommate ending)? Though I assume she occasionally leaves the house with Rich. Definitely a weird one-sided attraction with these characters. My Lenore is obsessed with Richard but he doesn’t really care much about her other than her blood. Is that too harsh even for him?

5 Likes

I know there is an option you may be able to do. You can make it free with an option to buy the full game. Choice Of The Dragon and Vampire house are like this. I don’t know, just a thought. I have played this numerous times and fell in love with it. When it becomes available I am most definitely buying it. Congratulations on the. Completion.

2 Likes

Hmm, in the roommate ending (assuming that Richard very much likes Lenore), he’d probably feel a little… odd watching Lenore flirt with other men. Not because he’s madly in love with her, but because it would act as harsh reminder of the simple human pleasures he can no longer enjoy, as well as a glimpse into the normal life that Lenore might have had if she’d never met him in the first place.

Maybe a little. :slight_smile: Richard does grow to care about Lenore, but never sees her as more than a cherished pet.

I think that’s what I’m probably leaning toward, given that I find banner ads and popups super annoying. I’ll definitely update this thread when I know for sure.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Thank you so much! :heart: :heart: :heart:

5 Likes

This is definitely going to be one of my top wips. I really love it.

3 Likes

That is so kind of you to say, @Sreliatia, thank you so much for your support! :heart:

3 Likes

d5c788d9910021f22c0895e25df4e2f5

You said that Jude Law was your faceclaim for Richard. I don’t know if that’s still the case but here you go. @Elena_H

2 Likes

Jude Law’s still my faceclaim @vulkod, although it’s getting harder and harder for me to picture him as the character these days…

2 Likes

oh, that poor man

1 Like

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. I can’t stop gushing. I absolutely LOVED the book! Given that I have anxiety myself and have been prescribed benzos in the past, I kind of understand the allure and the trepidation. And initially I was rolling my eyes at the trope of the stupid woman in the horror movie doing the obviously stupid thing, but of course you accounted for it! 4 freaking xanax pills! Does Lenore get clean in the book? Good lord, how I loved the book. But I wish there could have been a truly happy ending. One where MC gets to just leave and never come back. In my first ending (and I generally always consider first endings to be canon endings for me), Paul decided to kill me because he found my morality tedious. Which, fair enough. Just the idea of him slowly draining the life from us while relaxing casually at a diner is so sick!

I’ll also admit I understand the need for the NSFW thread. I had certain…feelings towards Paul before realising he thought of the MC as a buddy. And before realising that he was an amoral piece of shit as well. Damn, Richard is such an ass though. My least favourite ending is the one where he’s mesmerised my sweet, dear daughter. (In my head, Samantha is TOTALLY going to go to boarding school because Dick is simply not good babysitter material.) And yet that gilded cage (?) ending was quite…interesting.

I can’t wait to read your original book once I’m done with a few replays. Now that I know Lenore is blunt and sassy, I can’t imagine her getting along with Richard.

Anyway please forgive my rambling. It is past 1 am here and I normally fall asleep around 10 but damnit this book didn’t let me sleep!

Edit: Just want to add that I would be extremely happy and honoured to be able to purchase this book once you release it! Also this might be the first time I’ve ever read through a CoG/HG/WIP and not noticed any grammatical or spelling mistakes whatsoever? What sorcery is this???

6 Likes

Elena’s talent is far too great for us mere mortals to understand. Also I’m 90% sure her magic is from her blessed cursed profile picture

5 Likes

Thank you, now I cannot unsee it. Blursed indeed!!

1 Like

What a great story! Sorry if it has been asked already but I was wondering how you changed the layout and fonts. I really thought it fitted. Looking forward seeing it released!

2 Likes

@HappyPotato Ohmygoshohmygosh thank you!!!

Not in Donor, but she finally does in the sequel, Bait.

True story, Paul draining Lenore at the diner was supposed to be the novel’s original conclusion until I discovered that Samhain, the publisher I wanted to submit to at the time, listed having a happy ending as part of their acceptance criteria. So in a very real sense, that version of the scene is canon for me as well.

:astonished: But he made her mac and cheese! :bowl_with_spoon:

Aww thanks! You can find a link to the novel in the description at the top of the thread.

Heh, no sorcery involved, just three years of amazing readers catching my spelling/grammar mistakes.

And it doesn’t hurt to have an enchanted profile pic…

@lisamarlin Thank you so much! Can’t recall if I’ve been asked before about the layout/fonts, but there’s an option to do it on dashingdon here:

^^ bottom left, “Select a style.css Theme for Your Game”

4 Likes

Oh :open_mouth: interesting. I always thought that my “canon” end in Donor is Pyrrhic Victory, because I love the idea of giving Paul the last fuck you. Must have reread that for something like ten times.

2 Likes

:joy: I had so much fun writing out all the Pyrrhic Victory scenarios - if you don’t mind me asking, which one did you land on?

1 Like

Seduction- I was pleasantly surprised that Paul fell for it so easily. So worth it to die.

1 Like