Cyberspace of Gods (WIP, 07/05 Demo Update) (In which you play as a JRPG protagonist)

The game was great so far,plus the summary j gives me so many anime vibes.

2 Likes

Just trying out this one, though at first iā€™m not really anticipating it, but turns out itā€™s good!
Anyways thereā€™s a character nama Shian Ganna that i think it didnā€™t look like a japanese nameā€¦? I think itā€™ll be more cool if the first name is Shion albeit a bit common, and Gannaā€¦ um, i think iā€™ll leave that to you? :sweat_smile:
I think itā€™s great when you put up a unique name but, if itā€™s too far (sorry, iā€™m bad at explaining things) or too uncommon for the others, a common name with a little tweak will be a nice option

1 Like

@ShadowKaras Thank you! Iā€™m glad youā€™re enjoying everything so far, I hope youā€™ll like the rest of the game in the future too! The digimon thing was unintentional, I canā€™t believe I forgot Taiā€™s last name even though I watched it a lot as a kid too, haha.

@Laxshan_Jegathiswara Thank you! I intend for this to be very anime so I was worried if some people wonā€™t really like it, but Iā€™m glad you do!

@Kainen Thanks for giving this a try! For the name thing, most of Tsukigamiā€™s names are actually puns on their ā€˜roleā€™ in the game, haha. ā€˜Gannaā€™ is a pun on Gunner. I had another name for her first name at first, but I know itā€™s hard to differentiate between Japanese names if youā€™re not used to it and it started with a ā€˜Yuā€™ like ā€˜Yuriaā€™, so I thought of using a sound that the other characters didnā€™t have. Like you said, itā€™s not a common name (then again, most characters in this game donā€™t really have normal names either, lol) but if you know an anime/game called ā€˜Show by Rock!ā€™ thereā€™s a character whoā€™s called ā€˜Shianā€™ (her spelling seems to be ā€˜Cyanā€™ in English though) so I figured it wouldnā€™t really be a big deal. Thank you for asking me about this!

4 Likes

Thereā€™s will be punching through enemies? Count me in! Through i try to make an complex character, it always result in a hulk :rofl:
now that u mentioned ā€˜rolesā€™, i always end making an combination of tank and dps, u know? For example: in dnd 5e, my paladin is focused on being the primary tank, but, at the same time doing high magical damage

3 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to role-playing as a Gundam, lol.

2 Likes

Just finished the updated demo. It was good. I was really getting into it when I was hit by the cliffhanger. Such as tease. Anyway good job

4 Likes

is the game being worked on still

1 Like

Hi there! Yes, it still is! Iā€™ve just been swarmed with other personal life stuff so progress has been slow, but Iā€™m writing it! Iā€™ll probably set up a tumblr page with the next update, and Iā€™ll try to be more efficient in telling you guys howā€™s the game going, haha.

18 Likes

I can undestand :rofl: but complex character was never a choice for me.
Actually,I love D&D 5E, but you know how long and tedious the process of character building is. Regardless of whether you are trying to build your own character or playing as a Dungeon Master creating NPCs for players, the process of creating characters in the game has been quite tiresome. And I think without online character generators, I would be not able to build my character faster. With the help of online character creators, the process of built-in statistics let me focus solely on the most important and interesting parts of character building. Character building was surely important for yearning for max AC.

1 Like

Leon is perfect for me. Too bad heā€™s genderlocked to female MCs.

I wish he was available to male MCs too

2 Likes

ā€¦eh may I suggest a little bit that how about not make cheeky opposite of polite, I want my my MC to be sarcastic but without being rude, I felt too hesitate to pick those cheeky options right nowā€¦

1 Like

@Psionics321 Thank you! Itā€™s always nice to know that people like my characters, haha. Well, he may not be available for male mcs, but itā€™s always possible to make a female mc to romance him :wink:

@anon57188313 I was very conflicted on the word choices actually! Though ā€˜cheekyā€™ and ā€˜politeā€™ are set opposite, itā€™s less ā€˜cheeky vs politeā€™ and more ā€˜talks a lot vs reservedā€™ (since you can still be gruff and ā€˜politeā€™ as well) but I thought that word was too long to set in the bar :sweat_smile: If more people are confused, I wouldnā€™t mind changing the word! For now, donā€™t worry about it too much, as long as youā€™re not picking the overtly rude options, the cheeky dialog is said in a light and joking way so the characters wonā€™t get offended!

6 Likes

I donā€™t usually check stats but
outgoing/reserved, then?

i was wondering what type of wepons will we get to pick from

Hello everyone!

Big apologies for the five month hiatus. There were a lot of things going on in my real life so I was busy and I didnā€™t get to write as much as I wanted, but I managed to churn out around 31,000 words, so the demo is around 79K words now!

For this update, you canā€¦

• Save at checkpoints! They will be listed like (Checkpoint: Save enabled), so make sure to save during those parts so your data wonā€™t get weird whenever I update!
  • Go left, or backwards!
  • Interact with the last four of the testers
  • Kill some more monsters
  • And see the start of Floor 19.

Iā€™m really sorry for the wait, and extremely grateful for those who decided to stick around! As always, if you find anything strange or want me to improve on a certain aspect, feel free to send me a message! Iā€™ll do my best to respond!

28 Likes

Additionally, I finally made that tumblr blog I was planning to, yay!

Thereā€™s not much on there yet, but I hope itā€™ll be of some use. Send me asks about the characters, about the game itself, anything you want!

13 Likes

Personally Iā€™m holding out hope for a fist weapon.

@pixie124 @Nick_Miller

I already posted it on my tumblr, but Iā€™ll post it here too! The types of weapons youā€™ll be able to use are sword, claymore, dagger, gun, polearm, (and later on) gauntlet-type weapons!

Oh word thatā€™s dope. I donā€™t have any social media presence so I tend to miss anything outside the forums lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.