Cupid's on a Rampage(WIP) 18+

I was just wondering…since its a romance game, will you be adding any aesthetics for the MC? Like hairstyles/ hair colour/ eye colour/ skin tone/ body build. Since i assume that their attractiveness could be what attracts the ROs at first before they start to get to know the MC. :wink:

1 Like

Yes of couarse i plan to add all the things you listed into the demo which is why the demo is probably going to be a whole lot of charcter customization. I am a strong believer in making the choices work well with the story dialog. As a side note I am actually working on the things you listed right now :). Also at one point i hope to make it so each RO has a type so if you pick features that they like you will start out with bonus relatonship points with them. This feature will probably also make it into the demo. Hope this helped.

1 Like

It would be a very interesting concept to explore if an aromantic was placed in charge of “romanticism” … how would they handle the situation and how would the other deities react to the situation?

Perhaps a new god/goddess would have to be born(made?) to fulfill the role Cupid once had… or perhaps another would take up the duties and migrate the followers etc over …

Other then this, I tend to agree with @Sashira - even the mechanics developed by Jean Townshead in Gueniverre don’t really deal with the “free-will” question.

I get your point. I do see how it could be intresting. I am actually thinking about how to use your suggestion. I think i probably use it as follows tell me if you like it:
Cupid’s Rampage upsets the other gods dearly and in a scene written in his perspective you see him become banished and Replaced by Aria,Goddess of the air,the supreme worshiped deity in all the airborne cities.(for obvious reasons) Well you work to find love, the goddess works to undermine your attempts. All the while believing strongly, that love is a futile, waste of time. Is she just a obsessive workaholic who can be bothered? Or does it stem from a deeper fact?, Perhaps one where she has found she has an inability to feel this “love”, Her mind unable to find anyone who try’s to court her or in her company in the slightest way,shape or form, attractive.

Also, as for the free will part the only thing cupid’s arrows do to them is give them intense urges that bring them torwards you. It is not like mind control i describe it more like an addiction. An example of that is this nicotine.
You can resist it but do most?
No
why: Simple because it is pleasure able.
Now lets relate and create this analogy with my game concept.
The RO’s and the main character
Will they be able to resist?
Yes, most definitly im not looking to make the romances inconsential.
But the most important question is will they want to?
No, Just like the nicotine feels good when it is taken and indulged in. When they indulge thier urges it also does. It is also much less stressfull and difficult then fighting them.

I hope i have answered your questions and your concerns have been properly addressed thank you for commenting :slight_smile:
Also, if you are still bothered by my concept i would very much like to know what you believe would ease your concerns on the topic of free will.

1 Like

I had a brother addicted to nicotine as well as another close friend - an addiction is not pleasurable and resisting an addiction is not as simple as you put it.

Just to make this clear - best of luck with your project - there is a lot to be happy about with the time, effort and thought you have put into it.

Just as I don’t see the “magical” devise working in Guenevere, I don’t see the addiction devise working here. A lot (if not most) people will be able to suspend their disbelief and be able to be immersed in your story. I hope, despite my reservations, I am too - Jean is a good enough writer that I am able to overcome the compulsion aspects in her story; I am hopeful you are able to do the same.

Just an aside, if you ever want to discuss addiction, pm me - there is very little pleasurable about such a thing at least to everyone surrounding the addicted.

I’m sorry i never meant to seem to put it off as easy i should have chosen my words more carefully. I hope you forgive me for the offense and i will try to be more careful in the future.

You are moving in very muddy waters here and Trivializing stuff shouldn’t be trivialized. Addition nicotine is not trivial or fun , kills millions of people every year and harm other people who don’t smoke at all.
You are describing a Forced romance Forced sex story. When the only reason people get interested in pc is because THEY ARE DRAGGED INTO YOU FOR DRUGS …EXACTLY SAME AS ALL THOSE RAPISTS…

Please put a warning Forced material, rape and only adult content .

Why noone could make a romance erotica game Who don’t force people through drugs violence or magic. And worse people see it cool.Great I will make a game where you are a psycho volleur that drugs people in love and have sex with me against that will and then mokering any attempt of resistance.

Don’t worry about me posting more in a choice of force game but your response and your continued trivializing of the theme like it where sane and cool killed me. More when I don’t read a damn +18Warning Please change the title or I will flag you.

I’m not offended; I just don’t know if you have experienced addiction - from either the inside or outside. If you had and you understand all the implications of addiction, then I’m sure you’ll handle it o.k.

Addiction short-circuits free-will even if a temporary state of bliss is somehow achieved.

Your story-verse with the cloud cities and everything is very well thought out, I just think we might have found the one aspect of this concept that isn’t or that doesn’t have a solution…

Why don’t i start a message chat between us and you can teach me about it.I do have a dad who has an addiction but he doesnt like to talk about it and I want to be able to communicate both the struggles and other aspects of it into the game with my concept and be honest about it. This game isnt just about romance or addiction its about teaching people that things may not be the same if you delve beneath the surface. If it also helps your other concerns i previously addressed i plan to add a part of it were you get to decide what the RO’s do when they are questioning their actions so it doesn’t feel so forced.

Yeah, I can’t get the demo to work either. Have you tried using https://dashingdon.com/? I find that site easiest to use when it comes to making demos. :blush:

i understand my dad is addicted to it. To make you happy i will add a +18 warning i’m sorry for any pain or inconvience my lack of doing so has caused you. Also none of the romance options will be forced. I am even adding a system where you can temporarily be the romance options to avoid being forced when they are indecisive on weather or not to give in to the advances. This is to both communicate to the player that they may not want to go along with it and to give you a choice to fight as them and just say no. If you have a high enough relationship however (thier will be two relationship bars, one needs to be fully filled to get to the second one which is where you get to touch thier core and what it is like without the addiction), This will start to happen less frequently as they are beginning to actually love you instead of doing it to give in.

May i PM you? i would like to discuss further what you think i can do to make you not feel this way about this concept as this wasnt my intention to make it as you are describing it.

2 Likes

Did you just Download and try it?
After her comment i believe i fixed it and it seemed to work for her. I will check again. Just let me know. :slight_smile:

Sure I have no problem to talking about it with you.

Ok thank you i would like to make you feel better about my story if i can even if i may have to change some things.
I’m gonna go deal with that 18+ label before i do though. Dont want to make a first impression that i dont follow through on my word :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm… Not sure, maybe I did something wrong. I’ll try it again. :blush:

Ok feel free comment again if you are still having trouble i will help you anyway i can. I will also make another link to the site you suggested its never to bad to have a backup :slight_smile:

… Well I’m an idiot. I forgot to extract the folder. Working now. :yum:

Ok great. Didnt really want to have to fix the link but i would have :laughing:
I hope you enjoy what i have so far :slight_smile:
Also i doubt you are an idiot everyone is intelligent in thier own way. I, for one can tell you i lack grammer and punctuation intellegence.(Hence why you will find alot of grammitical errors.) :grin:

Also to fix this i will edit the original wording to say in () but it isnt easy or something like that.