Cupid's on a Rampage(WIP) 18+

Sounds interesting, but I’m not really sure what the plot is. I mean obviously you’re trying to find love, but is there more to it than that?

OoooOo sounds good and full of potential dramas…I LIKE IT! :laughing: Btw how will the character creation be? Do we get to choose hairstyle/ hair colour/ eye colour etc?

Looking good! Cant wait until the demo comes out ! Reminds me of the game called Choice of Romance, without the intrigue haha.

Maybe it’s just that I’m not the romantic type, but this concept bothers me. Whenever something in fiction “makes someone love you” (a love potion, spell, etc.) it makes me wonder whether they still have free will. If they have no choice but to love someone, and their actions are controlled by that, it’s almost like mental slavery; their ability to consent has been bypassed.

I’ve seen some stories get around it by suggesting that the spell, etc. only “unlocked” the true feelings they already had, or sped up the process of what would have inevitably happened. Others go a more sinister direction and take the choice out of everyone’s hands: a God is playing with your fate, you’re being affected as well, and your only options are how to respond to it.

If the MC is the one who chooses who to bespell to make others love them, and they have to deal with the consequences of that in the game (or worse, those consequences were skipped) it would take the story to a dark, sad place. Unless that’s what you want to write (“Cupid”, the horror visual novel, was compelling) think carefully about how exactly your Cupid arrows are going to function.

7 Likes

Similar to the Lancelot attraction in Guenevere perhaps? There are definite physical symptoms and a “bodily” response there, nevertheless Guen remains entirely free to reject the whole thing there and not “succumb” to whatever magic is causing it.
So if the only thing it does is that it makes people who are already at least curious about what the other would be like all the more likely to actually express those feeling and indulge in them, perhaps in defiance of a prudish culture or social/class expectations, I say go for it.

1 Like

Sounds good a different I’ll definitely give it a go

1 Like

This sounds like a really cool idea :slight_smile: Looking forward to trying it out!

1 Like

I can’t seem to play the demo. I think something is wrong with the upload?

What Professions will we be able to choose

Ok that sounds great can’t wait to try out the demo I would love to help out anyway that I can.

1 Like

Looks good so far~ Just need to take care of the typos and grammar mostly i think :relaxed:

1 Like

so, just to know what I am downloading, is it an actual choice game now or a simple word format.

What do you mean by surviving? Will there be people who will try to kill you?

Yes and no i plan it to be based on a stat check basis, If you wish to avoid it when it is implemented, this is what you would have to do.(Could be subject to change)

1. Dont anger or have to low of a relationship with anyone who will be under the prominent figures stat section. Or if you do make sure you have either the means to protect yourself or high enough values for certain stats
  2. Dont know to much (stay out of the careers where you can dig up black mail and dont join the political web).
    Also another thing i was trying to suggest by surviving is a needs system
    (hunger,energy,hygiene,etc)
    and then this affects your others stats in a way an example of this is low hygenie will lead to a penatly to charisma and things like that.
    By doing this i believe it will add depth and relalism to the game.
    I hope this has answered your question :slight_smile:
1 Like

If it is a big concern for you i can try to implement an option where you dont have to take care of your needs and are blocked from being able to have a low enough relationship stat with the prominant figures. I will add this to my things to do if you are intrested. :slight_smile:

I don’t think the needs system is a bad thing but wont it kinda be a nightmare to code? Am just guessing cause i never coded before haha :joy:

We will see i dont think so. But i also havent got their yet. Im ambitious and stubborn, so even if it is difficult the needs sytem wont stand a chance :joy:

haha will you implement it into the demo? So that we can give the needs system a test drive, see if it works out alright :slight_smile:

I will try to but i promised you guys by valentines so if i can by then i will if not the next release definitly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That actually does sound like a nightmare to code, but good luck to you.

1 Like