Community College Hero (for all post-release feedback)

I wonder if we can help one of the more prestigious colleges to fulfill their plan on Speck. Something like if you help Hedonist and Captain California, Saviour controls Speck and you get to enroll In Saviour after you graduate from Speck, and if you help Nil, Prestige controls Speck and you get to enroll in Prestige after you graduate from Speck. Maybe a third option would be to expose both of them and them they both hate you.

I would side with Prestige, in fact I hope my character can attend Prestige at the end of the game.

2 Likes

Part of it is that Origami should have never been there. I donā€™t know how much you know ow so I wonā€™t say more than that but if you get to know ow her there is actually more to the character. And for me connection to the characters is important. I feel the need to feel how my character feels. Especially on the first playthrough.

With the plot set up so far Iā€™d say thatā€™s what the plan is though itā€™s impossible to say for sure

Yeah, I understand that point but I donā€™t felt that connection with that kind of characters. Donā€™t Know why really but good characters as her simply donā€™t make me feel any connection normally, they bored me to no end. She is kind and that but not realistic enough for me. In contrast, Tress, Uni and Dirty girl are realistic and credible. I prefer them to Origami . I would prefer game could gives the option to choose from bring her back or not. My no would be clear .

She is more that just kind. She hides it well but inside there is sadness and pain. She had a drive to be everything she could. And her being at speck was amazing in a way. And I donā€™t think Tress, Dirty, or Uni are much more realistic than Origami except in one way and thatā€™s that nobody could tell her secret. I mean Rook might have known but the school should have figured it out.

I agree on the importance of connection. In fact, this interactive story is able to reflect some degree of the self of the player What I want to be or I get used to be in the real lead to different choices and I certainly enjoy this process. It makes the characters more approachable and I can mix my feeling into that.

Itā€™s hard to describe. I give up defining Origami. But I have a feeling that Origami is pretty uncomplicated like a child.

She is pure and true but even a child can hide alot behind their innocence

Sure, we are not gonna know all about a character. She could be shallow as the surface of water yet deep as the bottom of the ocean.

Very true. Though I do wish we atleast learned her name lol

Paige Turner? :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Is that a random name?

Itā€™s a paper-related name :unamused:

1 Like

Ha ha I love Paige Turner.

All I can say about Origami is that Iā€™ve went baaaaack and foooorth about what to do about her and Iā€™ve pretty much decided that.

And on a unrelated note, Iā€™ve reached out to a local (and very cool) band that does southern blues and Iā€™m trying to figure out if it would be awesome to work out some sort of licensing deal with them to include music in Part 2? They are really good and capture the vibe in my headā€¦I know some people hate music though so Iā€™m not sure if this idea is a total waste of time.

Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Well I hate music in game books or just with reading. But a lot of people love it, maybe a premium dlc separated.?

Music: Or maybe as a themed single sold via the future Community College store? Alongside the t-shirts and messenger bags with patches and other cool merch. (:0

I agree with @poison_mara , I donā€™t prefer a soundtrack sold with a book or game book. Itā€™s different with visual novels, as the music is usually tied to scenes or characters and is more of a score than just a single track playing. Also the single tracks that are chosen tend to be rather busy for a game book, at least for my tastes. And they take up more room for those with phones or tablets that have very little memory.

Also, there are at least a few games out with music tracks currently, yes? Maybe one of the authors - @Samuel_H_Young, perhaps? - could weigh in on how the soundtrack has fared, both when included with purchase (which was true of his Book 1, I think?) and as an optional DLC (Book 2).

1 Like

Music wise you should do it but enable a mute feature for those that dont wanna hear it!

Also does anyone have an acrobatic guide for the breaking class i get to combat wombat and whatever option i choose i lose :ā€™(

P.S how do i start a relationship with crook, and about that guy in the black shirt when you can either look at crook, stoic or black shirt guyā€¦Is he an upcoming love interest?

You need to train for HELL class with Origami and Mob. When doing the gauntlet, choose to lead CW to a trap.

The free music and illustrations in TotDH seemed to get a little bit of positive attention, but the optional $2 illustrations in CoF have mainly been the cause of bad reviews.

Yeah @Samuel_H_Young, I guess youā€™re screwed either way.

If you build music/additional art into the price, people bitch about not wanting to pay for stuff they donā€™t want.

If you make music/additional art an optional purchase, people bitch about having to ā€œpay extraā€ for what should have been included for free.

So basically people would only not bitch if you included all the art and music for free. But since music and art cost money, thatā€™s a bad deal for the author.

1 Like