Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

I should say: wait until CCH3 is released. As CCH is a trilogy some short term actions/goals may be counterproductive (or viceversa) or pointless in longer terms

3 Likes

Iā€™m also of the opinion that perhaps any guides you put out should wait until the whole trilogy is completed. In the meantime, the rest of us can help out people coming to the forums with questions

@Rinnegato and @Kamer, you all make a good point. It might make more sense to tackle that project after CCH3 is published, or at least until itā€™s submitted to Hosted Game. Iā€™ll give that some thought!

5 Likes

Ok so this is probably a dumb or annoying idea but would it be possible to create a new class in the first game where you actually donā€™t have any weaknesses? Be the Dark Knight to the 4 Robinā€™s archetypes that are already there? Just curious I feel like it would be fun to play around with where you actually are just such a boss in that way. (I know itā€™s kinda game breaking and literally defeats the whole purpose but just thought it might be fun). Awesome games by the way though and canā€™t wait till the third!

Does status matter in the game or
many part of the story meant to make you lose for plot purpose.

Itā€™s pretty much matter

@PlayerHero, I think you sorta answered your own question at the end! :slight_smile: I have limited time and need to focus on pushing Part 3 forward. Part 2 is definitely being left as is.

@Shiro_XKuro, Iā€™m not quite sure I understand what youā€™re asking, or what ā€œstatusā€ means, but if youā€™re asking about the end of Part 2, then yes all playthroughs end in a similar way, to give me a launching pad for Part 3. (Except that in some playthroughs Hedonist dies, and in others he lives, the same for Combat Wombat)).

1 Like

A game guide would be awesome although I realize it would be a lot of work. I havenā€™t played in a while but I think I struggled to get certain friendships and the leader role

Thank you for answering.
By status I mean the shhhh, pow, hmm stuff.
I replay and it seem it does effect the gameplay(I mean whether you fail or not doing that action you choose) but I guess I just have hard time guessing which one is the ā€œRightā€ answers cause sometimes I thought I should do this action cause my pow is high, but when I choose it, it actually belong to other status.
Similar to training exercise in the first game, you got high pow, doesnā€™t mean you gonna win, you need to be smart cause you are powerless individual, thereā€™s no way you can win against powered individuals without being smart.
Something like that.

Well, the stats DO matter, in that many of the pass/fail checks affect your successes and failures, and even affect other stats like Ouch throughout the game. Ouch, in turn, affects how well you do in the Wyvern showdown. And if your high stat is high enough, you get a pretty satisfying attack on the Manipulator in the final fight.

So they do matter, and they affect scenes in many ways, but yes youā€™re going to get the same basic ending for Part 2 regardless. Writing Part 3 is hard enough without having to account for different possible Part 2 endings.

@Melzzi_d, I think Iā€™m leaning toward doing one to coincide with the release of Part 3. Yes, it will be a lot of work, but it will be rewarding and maybe it will make it easier for folks to explore the nooks and crannies of the game, areas where few have known to explore.

I think everyone who wanted it has Zip!'s game guide, and I got a good number of emails telling me how much it helped folks, even for a shorter game like that, so I think the interest will be there.

3 Likes

A game guide is always appreciated (and would honestly make for good DLC).

1 Like

My input may not be worth much, but if it helps motivate or cheer you on the prospect even slightly more, please know that the interest will definitely be there! Or at least, I am extremely interested. I would throw my money at you for a game guide.

I saw this review on the play store today (it was posted about a week ago)

Well to be honest i liked this story and it was worth it,but the only thing that annoyed me is that when i wanted to load my save file from the first game,it didnt let me play with when i reached the choices with my characterā€™s mother and kept saying canā€™t fair add to line 1453 non percentile value:120.Please fix this problem so that i can continue with my save file except new game.

Has anyone else experienced an error like this?

On one hand, itā€™s hard for me to believe that an error like this has been unreported for almost 2 years, but on the other hand, maybe the reviewer just has a very unique character/playthrough or something?

It sounds like he has a cracked save. ā€œnon percentile value: 120ā€ sounds like a modified save value for a variable of 120% ā€¦ my scripting is weak, however, so youā€™ll want to verify, if you can.

2 Likes

Yeah I didnā€™t want to assume that but yeah youā€™re right, thereā€™s no way to have 120 score with Mom. That seems like a crazy random number to input on a modded version, but I donā€™t pretend to understand those folksā€™ thought processes anyway.

It sucks though that other potential customers will see that comment and might assume the game is broken, and I have no way to communicate that to them.

1 Like

Actually, we get that error report all the time. I just donā€™t forward it to you because itā€™s so clearly a cracked game.

1 Like

Well I can ignore it, and I can only hope other folks do.

Iā€™m about to play my first game of CCH 1 and Iā€™m just wondering who these are?

Thank you!!!

Play and find outā€¦ its your first run.

2 Likes