CoG and HG: suggestions on what to play - Consolidated Thread

In my WiP Talon City, you play a fairly anthropomorphized owl. (not sure if/when it will be finished, just 25% done)

1 Like

Yeah, I did. Sadly, itā€™s my nemesis of CoG/HG games :rofl:
For some reason, I CANā€™T get my head around it and get a decent ending. So much that I even forgot I had it :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ll check it out, thanks!

1 Like

I hope you find one you love!

1 Like

Iā€™m looking for a game where you can be very chaotic. Doing the opposite of what people expect just to get a reaction out of them, causing mayhem and confusion where ever you go, that sort of thing.

Also, any stories where you have some sort of disorder/disability? It can be physical or mental.

WIPs are fine, too.

I havenā€™t finished the game yet but I think Fallen Hero fits your description

Hi everyone, is this a thread suitable to look for certain features of a game?

Iā€™m looking for a game where micromanagement exists, with daily/monthly/annual report of production v.s. expenses, trying to reach a surplus and avoiding resource depletion, expanding your fiefs / properties / anything you own as the story progress, it doesnā€™t have to precisely about collecting resources but able to make the readers feel that micromanagement is an important part of the game, and leaning more toward challenging than frustating.

I donā€™t think this thread: Hey, what's that game? -- A thread for identifying ChoiceScript games is suitable for my question because I donā€™t remember playing any WIPs with features above before.

if such gem exists in this community, please let me know about it and about its author, thank you

2 Likes

Depending on if you want the disorder/disability to be a real-life one, Mind Blind has you being a psychic zero, meaning that you actually broadcast your thoughts to any nearby telepaths. Itā€™s also the biggest trauma conga line that Iā€™ve seen in CoG games so far.

The second biggest trauma conga line is in A Mage Reborn - I hope you like PTSD-triggered flashbacks. You can also pick up a shattered knee (accompanied with permanent limp) very early on, but it doesnā€™t really impact the story, so Iā€™m not sure it counts for your purposes.

Published: Kepler colony. I think Rebels would also fit.

WIP: Dragon chronicles

3 Likes

Helloooo, Iā€™m looking for games where I can play as an Elf. Also games where I can play someone middle-aged, or where thereā€™s middle-aged/mature romance going on! Ideally way beyond the initial flirty phase including marriage. Also anything where I could play as queen (excluding Guinevere, know that one very well :P).

1 Like

Choice of romance springs to mind. Itā€™s based off Anne Bolyn (with magic) anyway.

In the Service of Mrs. Claus

1 Like

Are there any games were you play as a detecitve, other than Wayhaven?

I could be mistaken, but I think the Evertree Saga letā€™s you play as an elf? Might be wrong about that though.

1 Like

I think this would need a clarification of what kind of an elf is required. Santaā€™s elves are completely different creatures from your stock fantasy elves (and it bugs me endlessly that theyā€™ve been shelved together, but thatā€™s not for here and now) and neither are, as far as I understand, fae, so itā€™d be important to know what is needed here.

Hey donā€™t shoot the messenger :wink:. They didnā€™t specify and Santaā€™s elves are technically a type of elf. Usually if people are looking for sidhe mythology/folklore type fae they specify, otherwise weā€™re usually going for ā€œwhatever goes type elvesā€ or the popular modern movie type ones.

I wasnā€™t! I just figured clarification was needed (since itā€™s very different to play as Legolas or as NokinenƤ).

As for detective MC, I suggest The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart
Would you like something similar to detective as well(eg: agent, hunter) or just detective?

1 Like

Re Elves, I meant fantasy elves.

1 Like

Any recomendations for games where I can have robotic \ AI love interest? Iā€™ve played the game where you get to the past and can romance a hivemind named Control and Iā€™m very interested in more. I also played Choice of Robots of course.

Today I suggested to a friend of mine to try to read some CoG/HG books. Itā€™s not often I can do that, because in the circles I move, rarely is anyone confident enough about their English, but maybe my friend can handle it. Even sent her a link of Choice of Robots from Google Play saying that it was my one of my early favourites.

Which games do you guys think I should suggest to someone new to CoGs/HGs?

Wayhaven is great for dipping oneā€™s toes into the CoG/HG pool. Itā€™s relatively low stakes (one misclicked choice wonā€™t cause an early bad end) and not as stat-heavy (stat choices are also very clear) or wildly divergent (for the most part) as other games in my top 10. Unless your friend dislikes friendly vampires/vampire romance in general.

1 Like