Choice of Robots: Your robots will change the world, but at what cost?

I’m thinking the romance options are Josh, Juliet, Mark, Eiji, Elly, Tammy, Sylas, Companion Robot, I can’t find a ninth.

You can include spoilers by doing

[spoiler] Spoiler text here [/spoiler]

Thank you much, @FairyGodfeather :smile:

Tammy and Juliet. If they are romances which I’m hoping they are.

Thank you again.

Edit: Is the president an option?

Was a bit disappointed that you can’t teach your robot to love without making rer either male or female, especially since the game allows you to address rer by new pronouns. The Left Hand of Darkness FTW! x) Aside from that, the game is truly beautiful and complex. Thank you for creating it (:

Found an error.

“Eiji has been blessed with a unique subject matter — her incarceration during the Sino-American war.”

Eiji was male in my game, not female. It should be ‘his incarceration’.

…I have no idea if that’s showing as a spoiler or not. Trying to code text is tricky on mobile…

1 Like

This game was damn awesome, respect to the author!

Talks about my runthrough so don’t look past this if u havent played…so SPOILERS

Okay so, I decided after playing this game 2 to 4 times that I knew what I was doing more or less. I went with everything, autonomy, empathy, mili, and grace. The result were robots completely human, and by the end they were practically citizens of the US rights and all. (Which I, albeit under moral guilt, aided against the Chinese with my Superior human like war bots…don’t worry my children robots…I’ll make sure you don’t feel the pains of war. ;-:wink: In the end I was a rich Billionaire and permanently in the History books as the person who ended the US/Chinese war, living with my Fully sentient companion bot. Once more, PROPS.<3

This game was bloody brilliant! The writing was amazing!. As soon as I saw that Miku name option I imagined my robot as a little chibi Miku and everything she did was absolutely adorable.

Many props to you, Kevin Gold!

10/10, will now go play again. :blush:

Just out of interest, what are the consequences of hiring Tammy to work for your Robot company ?

As far as I know, there are no negative consequences - but her constant paranoia makes it possible for you to subvert the Chinese attempts to steal your robots.

Hey I was playing and I couldn’t figure out why you take a hit to humanity for hiring human workers and paying them handsomly. Anyone have any ideas?

Light spoiler

I was hoping Silas could help me with that, I don’t really see Tammy(never actually met her) when going down my friendly robot path. So I always get hacked, and I just solved it with taking the internet down all the way cause he doesn’t do anything.

If you play as a female, Silas is the antisocial person. If you play as a male, then this becomes Tammy.

1 Like

@122B

I had the same problem.

THIS GAME IS AMAZING – easily the best “Choice of” of the six or so I’ve played. I spent almost twelve hours playing through it today, despite how heart-breakingly sad it was about half the time.

There’s just one thing I can’t figure out …

While romancing Juliet Rogers, is there any way to save her if the robot revolution takes place? I’ve tried not siding with the robots and she doesn’t escape the house; I’ve tried siding with them in Alaska and there are no options for “negotiating” that don’t result in her death. I had a 93% relationship with her last time I tried. My robots also had fairly high Empathy and had stopped the Sino-American war by disobeying orders and detonating nukes in the desert.

I’ll definitely be playing this again every few months or so just to remember how really awe-inspiring it is – the prose really deals beautifully with the philosophical issues, and all of the parts virtually always seem to fit together into a neat, flowing story in a way I don’t think I’ve ever seen from a game with this scope. The split structure of the final chapter makes your choices feel much, much more important.

It’s worth noting that Juliet is a loyal American military officer. How do you think she’ll react if you start a war against America?

1 Like

That did not escape my notice. I simply asked a question.

Choice of Robots spoiler:

In one of the two scenarios I described, it’s the robots acting on their own.

Mecha Ace spoiler:

Also – in Mecha Ace (another great Choice of), there was a similar type of character who could experience a comparable change of heart at the very end of the game if the “rebellious” protagonist had taken the right steps beforehand. Different authors, yes, but the kind of possibility I was wondering about is not without precedent in Choice of Games. (It’s also really challenging to get that outcome in Mecha Ace, so if something similar is hidden in Choice of Robots, it only makes sense I couldn’t quite reach it in just a couple of playthroughs.

Yeah. Juliet is loyal to America and will not support a rebellion against them.

I don’t know about the other option; I haven’t explored it very thoroughly.

I suggest making sure you country is set to USA and language to English. It solves the issue for me.

1 Like

At first I was a bit underwhelmed, it was definately a slow starter. But having finished it, I wouldn’t hesitate to say that this is probably the best text game I’ve ever played, definately worth it, especially since it was on sale.

I managed to become dictator over Alaska on my first playthrough, even though I kept screwing up when it came to any social interaction and making my robot more empathic. I lost my company and I ended up in jail twice. In the end I ended up alone but got to celebrate my robot grand-child’s birthday as a part-cyborg having survived the brain tumour thanks to my robots’ high grace, plus I saved my mom while kicking the butts of both America and China. So all in all, a good life. And it really did feel like a whole life. Very cool.

I ended my game with 13 fame. What’s the highest amount?

Rebel against Murica?! That is just something I can’t allow my little robot to do. Rebelling against America is a no no. :stuck_out_tongue: Will definitely have to give this game a try.