Choice of Box: Help/Resource Site (Updated 04/22/16)

Bad news.
Stuck driving my truck this weekend, so unable to work on the site.

Good news
Retiring from truck driving, taking a job at home. Last weekend away from my loved ones. Once I settle in will find more time to work on the site and also write. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow @Cecilia_Rosewood that’s a lot of work and to be honest I don’t think I can even distinguish that much categories when I read. You’re amazing to be able to put them on labels like that. Just wow.

Be safe now @Lordirish and I’m glad the site is coming along nicely.

I’m afraid quite a lot of them are just wild guesses.
Some WiP’s were simply too short to get a good idea of the genre.

@Cecilia_Rosewood
That is the problem I was having,. That, and I am not very good at defining what falls where lol.

@Aera
Thank you on both counts. I am at home now. :slight_smile: May take a week or two to get settled in, then cranking away at all the writing that Muse keeps screaming at me to get done. :smile:

I managed to setup the free games section. Not very large, just the 2nd Annual CScomp games then a couple of short games. I hope to add more at some point. Will try and work on The CoG directory tonight.

http://www.choiceofbox.com/free-cog-games/

@Cecilia_Rosewood
I did a search of @Goshman game in question and can only found only two listings, one under writer and the other under title. If you could point out where it is miss listed it would be a great help.

I fixed @Razgriz game listing thanks.

I fixed the link for @Reaperoa’s Eight Thornes wip link. What Genre would you put it in?

@Samuel_H_Young I still have your artwork and will try to get it backup this Sunday, did you have a facebook link to?

@Everyone
Have updated the current list @
http://www.choiceofbox.com/cog-directory-3/by-genre/

Going to list here the ones I add so if you feel you know what Genre it belongs in let me know. Will update as I add new listings. Thanks

Hmm? What’s going on? I saw my name come up.

@Razgriz
I errored in the placement of your game in the CoG Directory. @Cecilia_Rosewood was kind enough to point it out to me and I have fixed it.

Ah… Hard at work making the forum a better and shinier place I see. :slight_smile: congrats on being able to spend more time with your family

@Razgriz
Thanks, it is a little odd being home, but in a good way ^_^.

I’d say Trial of the Demon Hunter would go into dark fantasy. And I think you already have my facebook link for the directory, but here it is just in case. www.facebook.com/samuelharrisonyoung

@Lordirish
I was summoned, milord?

The title has changed and not very recently. The official title for the wip is “Lords of Aswick - First of His Blood” or “LoA: First of His Blood” more colloquially. And to save you space.

Technically the genre for it is Historical Fantasy, which I believe would also suit Guns of Infinity better, since the world is made up but heavily based on a historical era. And GoI has magics too.

1. It’s listed under writer: Teo Kuusela (Goshman) with the titel: The Lords of Aswick

2. I still got to read it, so give me a few hours.

Writer: Reaperoa
Title: Eight Thrones
Genre: Fantasy

@Lordirish
Also, I noticed that on the list of WiP’s listed by genre all titels up to Norif are in italic where all titels beyond that point are in italic and bold.

Do you want me to split up the games now categorized under Fantasy in Fantasy and Dark Fantasy? I initially tried to stick as much to the main genres as possible, but since it’s there anyway I might as well do that.

How did
Writer: parade
Title: Live Wire
Genre: Science fiction
end up with the Historical fiction?

As for
Writer: Goshman
Title: A Knightly Endeavour
I really don’t know what was going on in my head when I categorized it as historical fiction.
It is as far from historical as it can be. My apologies for that.

@Samuel_H_Young
I forgot I had the link, I think I will set an authors page and put it there. I am going to finish WIP’s before working on Hosted then Choice games. Will have it up soon as possible.

@Everyone
If any of you would like your links added to the site let me know

@Goshman
I think I have your game listed correctly now. Sorry about that. @Cecilia_Rosewood Thanks for spotting the error.

@Cecilia_Rosewood
Ok I have update Eight Thrones thanks. I fixed the bold problem, was using </ a> in a few places instead of </ b> lol.

I went with Dark fantasy for a few reasons, but unless the author request it be placed there, listing as Fantasy only is fine.

I moved parade into the proper place. What you see on the page and what I see when coding is way different. I sometimes lose track of where I am while writing the page. Lol Thanks again for spotting that.

1 Like

Title: The Lost Heir: The Fall of Daria
Author: Lucid
Genre: Fantasy

Forum Link: The Lost Heir Trilogy

No demo, but Beta should be soon. Perhaps a few weeks,

Author: Samuel Harrison Young
Title: Colonising Kepler 62e: Inception
Genre: Science fiction
Forum link: Colonising Kepler 62e (WIP)
Demo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23448049/Colonising%20Kepler%2062e/dfabulich-choicescript-f005251/web/mygame/index.html

There are still a few titels in bold, they are the titels in the genres Humor, Psychological, Romance, Science Fiction and Slice of Life. In the list these are all titels after The Barrens by that1german.

I also probably made a mistake categorizing A Knightly Endeavour by Goshman.
It doesn’t belong in the genre Historical Fiction. My apologies for that.

The menu link “Usefull Links” should be “Useful Links”

Author: Andrew Wetmore at Cottage 14
Title: Your One Moment
Genre: Historical fiction
Forum link: Your One Moment (WiP)
Demo: https://db.tt/0f9AYTtA